Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2012, 5:43 pm

Okay, I'm about 9 days late in my cycle. On March 23 and 24th, my bf and I had sex. We used protection and he didn't finish in me. But I'm worried that I'm so late. Granted, I have had stress this past month of finding a job and I've changed my eating and exercising habits a bit and have been losing weight faster than I had been before (losing 2 pounds a week where I would normally lose .4 a week). I'm rarely this late. Then again, there have been months where I have skipped my cycle completely or have been really late but those were only during Finals week when I was still in college. My face broke out in acne and I've had a couple mood swings and craved chocolate really bad, like it would right before my cycle but it hasn't come yet. Is this normal? Should I be concerned? I may pick up a pregnancy test if I don't have it next week while I'm visiting my friends at college. I don't have morning sickness, sore breasts or drowsiness that pregnancy normally heralds, I'm probably just worrying about nothing but I just want to have input from the other ladies on WP. Am I probably okay? I don't want to have a baby just yet. :)

pastafarian
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2012, 6:06 pm

The only way you are going to know is do the test, dont wait a week.
it sounds like it may easily be linked to dieting and worry, but for £2 you can buy a pregnancy test and know n minutes. save you a week of worry.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2012, 6:11 pm

pastafarian wrote:
it sounds like it may easily be linked to dieting and worry, but for £2 you can buy a pregnancy test and know n minutes. save you a week of worry.

But I won't be able to go and do it on my own since I don't have a car or license. My mother would have to take me and I don't want her knowing I'm not a virgin. I'd have to wait until then. D:

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2012, 6:20 pm

Even if I were pregnant, I had an appletini last night and four drinks last weekend when my boyfriend visited, so wouldn't I have killed it this early on anyway? I really don't know how this works. I'm just scared. >.<

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2012, 6:30 pm

You're probably ok. 9 days isn't a huge delay; as you said, it may be due to other factors too e.g. stress, weight loss.

If you want to wait till you are meeting your friends to pick up a test, that sounds pretty reasonable. If you take them too early, you may not get an accurate reading. In the meantime, not much you can do so no point in panicking or picking baby names.

(btw, alcohol probably won't end a pregnancy, unless you consume buckets of the stuff. It's a good idea to quit if you do find you are pregnant though because nobody knows what effect small amounts have.)

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2012, 6:41 pm

Erisad wrote:
Even if I were pregnant, I had an appletini last night and four drinks last weekend when my boyfriend visited, so wouldn't I have killed it this early on anyway? I really don't know how this works. I'm just scared. >.<

Eh, my Mum got really drunk right before she found out she was carrying me.

Look how well I turned out. :lol:

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2012, 6:41 pm

Lene wrote:
You're probably ok. 9 days isn't a huge delay; as you said, it may be due to other factors too e.g. stress, weight loss.

If you want to wait till you are meeting your friends to pick up a test, that sounds pretty reasonable. If you take them too early, you may not get an accurate reading. In the meantime, not much you can do so no point in panicking or picking baby names.

(btw, alcohol probably won't end a pregnancy, unless you consume buckets of the stuff. It's a good idea to quit if you do find you are pregnant though because nobody knows what effect small amounts have.)

Thanks. This is making me not want to have sex ever again. I mean, I know we used protection and he didn't finish in me or around me so I guess it is physically impossible right? I don't knoooow. *sigh*

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2012, 6:42 pm

Erisad wrote:
pastafarian wrote:

But I won't be able to go and do it on my own since I don't have a car or license. My mother would have to take me and I don't want her knowing I'm not a virgin. I'd have to wait until then. D:

There aren't any drug stores you can go to without your mum knowing? You could just go to the drug store and not tell her what you're buying.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2012, 6:42 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
Erisad wrote:

Awwww. *hugs*

I wasn't really drunk, just tipsy. I'm just worried sick. I shouldn't be but I can't help it.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2012, 6:44 pm

Erisad wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
Erisad wrote:

Awwww. *hugs*

I wasn't really drunk, just tipsy. I'm just worried sick. I shouldn't be but I can't help it.

It happened to me once. I went two months with no period. I have irregular periods when I'm not on the pill. I went and got a pregnancy test when I was about two weeks late and it was negative.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2012, 6:44 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
Erisad wrote:
pastafarian wrote:

There aren't any drug stores you can go to without your mum knowing? You could just go to the drug store and not tell her what you're buying.

I could walk to one but my mom takes me everywhere. I never go walking anywhere on my own, really so she would get suspicious. I can't hide anything from her. She's a helicopter parent, always hovering and making sure I'm behaving. >.<

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2012, 6:45 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
Erisad wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
Erisad wrote:

Awwww. *hugs*

It happened to me once. I went two months with no period. I have irregular periods when I'm not on the pill. I went and got a pregnancy test when I was about two weeks late and it was negative.

I wish I could get on the pill. I probably won't be able to until I move out. Pretty much my entire reproductive health will just have to hold out until I'm on my own. Damn Christians and their psychological warfare.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2012, 6:51 pm

You're winning a small victory by having your own sex life.

The situation with your Mum sounds really bad. I'm not saying I'm a street kid, but I was always quite independent from a fairly young age. My parents encouraged that. They were stricter than a lot of parents in some ways, but they let me make my own mistakes. I can't understand parents who want their kids to be dependent on them.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2012, 6:55 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
You're winning a small victory by having your own sex life.

The situation with your Mum sounds really bad. I'm not saying I'm a street kid, but I was always quite independent from a fairly young age. My parents encouraged that. They were stricter than a lot of parents in some ways, but they let me make my own mistakes. I can't understand parents who want their kids to be dependent on them.

Yeah but if I mess it up and get pregnant, she'll never let my boyfriend come here ever again. Or she wouldn't let us be alone ever. I'd never live it down.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2012, 4:51 am

puddingmouse wrote:
Erisad wrote:

yep, i did the same thing. didn't get drunk but i had a few. it happens.

you could be pregnant, Erisad. don't panic as it will not help. you need to plan for what will happen next. even if it turns out negative you will have a plan in place if a scare happens again.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2012, 7:06 am

Edit: This was an emotional rant and some things may have been inappropriate so I got rid of it. Sorry. >.<

Last edited by Erisad on 29 Apr 2012, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.