Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2012, 12:31 pm

So dress and skirt season is coming up for me. I need something to suck in my tummy and shape my booty. I'm buying these two SPANX items.

http://www.torrid.com/torrid/Brands/SPA ... 588759.jsp

http://www.torrid.com/torrid/Brands/SPA ... 586057.jsp

At first I thought they'd be based on my clothing size but I saw they were based on weight. I weight about 210 making me a size E.

My question is, how good are these items? Are they're better shapers out there?

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2012, 1:12 pm

I like spanx, they really even me out. I only buy them if they're on clearance though, as they're a bit pricy. I have a tank from them and a set of leggings from them that work well. :)

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2012, 1:39 pm

Erisad wrote:
I like spanx, they really even me out. I only buy them if they're on clearance though, as they're a bit pricy. I have a tank from them and a set of leggings from them that work well. :)

Hi, Erisad! Thank you for replying. Do you remember me at all? Sorry I just came back from a long hiatus.

I'm going to get those two items and a few new clothing pieces this month. I have $200.00 to spend, so yeah :D

Normally I pull my pants up over my stomach and then adjust my belt so that helps suck in my tummy a bit. I only get the button jeans though. Elastic waist jeans just sound...odd.

SilkySifaka
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2012, 1:51 pm

I've worn Spanx before and I really liked them. I've tried other shapers too, and I haven't noticed a lot of difference between them, although Spanx seem to have more choice of different styles. I used to wear them to work (the uniform was an unforgiving black dress) and they give a nice, smooth silhouette. The only tip I have (and this is probably pretty obvious to most people, but it wasn't to me the first time) is that if you are going to be wearing tights (pantyhose) with them, to put the tights on first and then the Spanx, otherwise the tights just slide down, which has the potential to be embarrassing.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2012, 1:56 pm

SilkySifaka wrote:
I've worn Spanx before and I really liked them. I've tried other shapers too, and I haven't noticed a lot of difference between them, although Spanx seem to have more choice of different styles. I used to wear them to work (the uniform was an unforgiving black dress) and they give a nice, smooth silhouette. The only tip I have (and this is probably pretty obvious to most people, but it wasn't to me the first time) is that if you are going to be wearing tights (pantyhose) with them, to put the tights on first and then the Spanx, otherwise the tights just slide down, which has the potential to be embarrassing.

That would be pretty embarrassing. It's going to be too hot for pantyhose so that won't be a concern.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2012, 10:56 pm

I'm thinking about buying a bra from their website. Have you guys tried their bras before?

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2012, 4:17 am

I was thinking of getting the mid thigh/tummy shaper one (and for the life of me I can't remember what for anymore! maybe to go under a corseted dress I was hoping to buy). They're still not exactly available in Australia yet though. Some David Jones stores might have them but that's it. I'd have to order them from the USA.