Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 12:07 pm

i had no pms at all this week nothing to warn me that my period was coming untill it just came... at work... and i have no tampons... and i have take ureliable paratransit home so i have no idea how long it will take me to get home... 8O on the bright side i guess that new mood stabilizing meds im on is working i guess but so much that i didnt have pms as much as ihate the moods swings they at least tell me my period is coming..

Toadette
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Jul 2012, 1:06 pm

That happened to me once when I was playing the piano at a dinner party (and being paid). :( I guess the only advice I have is: get some toilet paper and roll it until it resembles a thick tampon somewhat (if it's too thin it doesn't work properly cos it won't expand). Then stick it in. It works for a little while but you have to keep changing it quite frequently, depending on how heavy the flow is.

edit: Oh boy, looking back, if I didn't do that it would have gone everywhere. Lucky I was wearing black trousers. Gross, I know. :(

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 4:21 pm

I almost pm'ed you, until I saw you were talking about PMS. :lol:

I had that happen in a foreign country and I was out with a small group of men. Didn't know where the nearest store was, didn't know how to say "tampons" in Spanish, couldn't find a public restroom to save my life (and if there'd been one, there wasn't likely to be any toilet paper).

We tried asking a guard--they all had rifles and looked like they'd kill you in an instant--if there was a bathroom in the art museum, but I think the guard thought we were asking if the museum was a bathroom. He looked at us like we were crazy. Finally, I had to sneak past the main lobby area of this fancy hotel to find a bathroom with toilet paper.