Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2013, 1:42 pm

so,I keep hearing women love men with confidence.
so,do women also like confident women,as in being friends with.

former_hermit
Raven
Raven

19 Jul 2013, 5:54 pm

Yes, and for being with romantically, in my case.

CaroleTucson
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2013, 7:39 pm

I prefer sensitive, intelligent people for friends. I don't want them to feel like doormats, but I don't know that "confidence" is all that high on my list, necessarily.

And as an aside, note that "confidence" is distinctly different from "arrogance". Lots of men fail to make that distinction.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2013, 7:54 pm

It's not a trait I look for, but I can't speak for all women. Plus I don't love men with confidence so you probably aren't interested in my response :P

ASDsmom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 1:57 am

billiscool wrote:
so,I keep hearing women love men with confidence.
so,do women also like confident women,as in being friends with.

Yes. I am married to a very confident woman. :)

ASDsmom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 1:59 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
Plus I don't love men with confidence

There's a difference between confidence and arrogance. Men and women who are "too" confident bug that SH!Ts out of me! LOL

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 2:07 am

ASDsmom wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:

There's a difference between confidence and arrogance. Men and women who are "too" confident bug that SH!Ts out of me! LOL

Of course. Most people don't like arrogance. But you won't ever hear me say I'm looking for a "confident" guy. It's just not something I hope for in a partner.

former_hermit
Raven
Raven

21 Jul 2013, 6:58 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
ASDsmom wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:

Of course. Most people don't like arrogance. But you won't ever hear me say I'm looking for a "confident" guy. It's just not something I hope for in a partner.

If I were to list the qualities I look for in a partner, I wouldn't think to list confidence among them. I would not turn somebody down just because they did not seem confident, or try to pick somebody up exclusively for their confidence, since there are many other factors involved, but on an otherwise well rounded person, confidence is a nice ingredient to the whole.

glow
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 9:42 pm

Guess what, right a confident man, seeks confident lady. no, seeks someone with quirky foresight and attitude, not other way round. really though, half the men on here are saps as they think concorde was invented on planet Avensis or somewhere like it.
If I want a man, i go for the man, if he wants me its Buenos Aires all the way baby.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 5:00 am

I didn't think confidence matters much until I've encountered enough people without it. Now I think it's the source (low confidence) of much evil. People who don't have much confidence seem to have drama and negativity following them everywhere, not good for long term relationships. They'd be OK for a casual friend.

Outerspace
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Aug 2013, 7:38 pm

i suppose so i'm attracted to women that are the outgoing and a bit mental
also seem to be attracted to women that are angry "b*****s".

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 11:03 am

y-pod wrote:
I didn't think confidence matters much until I've encountered enough people without it. Now I think it's the source (low confidence) of much evil. People who don't have much confidence seem to have drama and negativity following them everywhere, not good for long term relationships.

This!! I felt like that too until I came in contact with people who lacked it. They are very trying, always need confirmation and the drama they tend to come with can make anyone flip. I don't have the patience needed to deal with that time and time again. Now I want confidence in both friendship and relationships. As others have already pointed out, I don't look for that alone, but it needs to be part of the package. Obviously compatibility comes first.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765