Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 7:34 pm

My mom and I had a discussion today and everyone thinks that I have a twisted view on body image. I believe that suffering for beauty is one of the best things a woman can do to be successful. I love clothes, but if my clothes get too tight I will feel ugly and hideous. Then again I could collect shoes, hats, scarves, bags, makeup, perfume, body mist, jewelry etc...

Those things don't get too tight even if you gain 15 pounds or up. I just feel like people think that because I am vain, prissy and extremely shallow I'm some kind of failure. I just wish I could live the most fashion and style oriented life as possible.

Should I give up on fashion? I remember when video games used to be a safe place, but I will never get a chance to play every video game I want to play. I just want something to feel safe and secure in. I just don't want my family to fall apart due to my extreme vanity and high standards.

P.S. Purple UGG boots :D

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 10:19 pm

I don't like the idea of women suffering to meet some beauty ideal. If it hurts to wear it I don't touch it.

http://www.osteopathic.org/osteopathic- ... heels.aspx

If your clothes are too tight it doesn't always mean that you have put on weight, some fabrics shrink in the wash. Plus it gives you an excuse to go shopping again.

You don't have to give up on fashion completely, just be sensible about it.
Wear what suits you.
don't let you self worth be influenced by your clothes. if they are too tight, you can either buy new clothes or take the ones you have to a dressmaker and get them altered.
U can collect shoes and bags and accessories if you choose.
But when it comes to make up it doesn't last forever. http://www.marieclaire.com/hair-beauty/ ... tes-makeup

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2013, 7:16 am

No you don't have to give up your passion for fashion just because you're a little overweight.
But at the same time don't give up on an idea to become your ideal weight. (It's not easy, but actually rather simple. Just don't eat any wheat products and sugar.)

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2013, 10:20 am

Yuzu wrote:
No you don't have to give up your passion for fashion just because you're a little overweight.
But at the same time don't give up on an idea to become your ideal weight. (It's not easy, but actually rather simple. Just don't eat any wheat products and sugar.)

I don't want to lose weight. I don't need to gain weight. I'm going on vacation in December and fried food is all the rage where I'm going. I didn't gain any weight the last time I went, but there is a possibility.

Honestly, I am so far from being a Southerner. I could easily fit in in California or a very high-class area. Fried food is disgusting! I don't want to upset anyone while I'm there. I won't have access to a proper workout and that's a problem. I need to maintain and stay my current clothing size.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2013, 11:32 am

Worrying about your body image is one thing but suffering for beauty to be successful is twisted the way I see things.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2013, 1:47 pm

I just want to live the most fashion and style oriented life as I can possibly have. The job that I'm good at doesn't pay a lot of money. There's no way in hell I'll ever be able to afford constant shopping sprees! I was born to be one of those women who is literally a slave to fashion. I can't help it because that's my nature.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2013, 3:35 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
I just want to live the most fashion and style oriented life as I can possibly have. The job that I'm good at doesn't pay a lot of money. There's no way in hell I'll ever be able to afford constant shopping sprees! I was born to be one of those women who is literally a slave to fashion. I can't help it because that's my nature.

I am like you in that respect. I used to shop a lot, even if I couldn't buy anything. If I had been given more encouragement towards art as a kid, I would be a designer now. After I had a baby and couldn't get rid of the weight, I switched to jewelry and shoes instead of clothes. Now I make almost all my jewelry. I also learned to knit and got pretty good at it. I am experimenting with designing my own sweaters now without a pattern. :D When I was about 12 or so I decided to create trends instead of slavishly following them and I'm usually a year or 2 ahead of what's in stores.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2013, 12:37 pm

I'm then opposite of you because I know I wouldn't be aesthetically beautiful even if I lost 4 stone (I could lose that and still not be underweight), had beauty treatments/surgeries and bought lots of expensive self-decorative items. This is because I am short and bottom-heavy, which nothing can fix. I literally can't wear heels any more. All of this makes me think that although beauty is important for women in this society, it's not worth me going to great efforts to attain it. And life is too short for suffering.

You can do what you want with your own life, and if beauty is attainable for you, then good for you. I don't mind as long as you don't think I'm a failure for not competing in a game I can't possibly win.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2013, 2:29 pm

I'm just tired of this stupid "you are beautiful no matter what", "guys will fall in love with you for you are on the inside", "everything in in moderation", and my favorite "you have to treat yourself to food" bullcrap. Why treat yourself to a 3,000 calorie piece of cake when you can buy some nail polish? Cake will only last 10 minutes. That beautiful faux fur coat will probably last you a lifetime if you take care of it and don't have the "clothes are just clothes" attitude.

When I asked out my recent ex it wall all about his looks. I would expect guys to do the same for me.