Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 10:07 am

Does anyone else have the problem that they can't wear earrings due to the posts being too long and poking them in the back of the ear/head? I've just noticed (within the last few years) that my sensitivity behind my ears is increasing-- so I can only wear earrings during the day since at night, my ear is pushed against the side of my head and the post pokes and digs into the skin. Obviously this is very painful and I'll usually wake up in the middle of the night and take the earrings out. However, I want to wear them full time- not just during the day or every once in awhile. I've cut of the post off so it's not so long but that doesn't seem to help. I'd also thought that children's earrings might have a shorter post but apparently they all come in one size (supposedly). Has anyone else had issues like this? What did you do about it?

Oh, I posted this in the Women's Forum since I thought that the reader's of this forum would probably have more experience in this than say.. those in the general forum? :lol:

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 2:59 pm

Silicone earring backs?Image
I just take stud earrings out at night, some shepherd/french hook styles with a small flat pendent can be comfortable enough to not notice them while sleeping.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 6:16 am

Have you tried sleepers? They're ring earrings instead of studs. They're typically the earrings you wear when you're not wearing earrings. Though I found the clasp and hinges on them can get loose and come undone after a while.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 3:31 pm

I only wear stud earrings. They don't bother me during the day, but I can't wear them at night because they poke me. I just take them out before I go to bed. Even if the post didn't poke me, I wouldn't want to wear them at night.

I don't wear earrings that dangle, because I don't like the way they feel, plus I worry that they might get caught on something and tear my earlobe.

My mother ripped out my earring during an argument. I was so glad I was wearing a post earring, not a hoop or a hook. Otherwise she might have torn my earlobe.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 3:50 pm

I take my earrings out before going to bed every night, and just put a pair in during my morning routine as part of getting dressed.

But if you want to sleep with them in, those silicone backs posted by Amity look like the perfect solution.