Anyone here on the WD forum like plushies?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

emmarj2011
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Oct 2013, 5:51 am

Yes I like Ty bears and some others. I can pretend they are for my kids. :P

RubyWings91
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Oct 2013, 8:00 pm

I have some plushies, too. I especially like to keep ones in my room that were given to me by friends or that I received on vacations or during important events. I also have a ton of Pokémon plushies in my attic. I have none with me now though, since I'm away at college

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2013, 1:20 am

I do, I'm obsessed with Pokemon so I have several pokemon plushies, as well as a Boo one, a few animal ones, and a monkey I still sleep with :)

DragonKazooie89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2013, 9:06 pm

Of course! I love cuddling with one at night. My favorite to cuddle with is a soft and fuzzy dolphin I won in Las Vegas

Taylor1002
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 4:09 pm

I like stuffed animals. I have a small bear and a big frog that people have given me, and a small hamster that I've bought.

CrabalockerFishwife
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jan 2014, 6:00 pm

Yes. Collections abound covering all sorts of different animals - bovids, cervids, suidae, pinnipeds, kitties, et al. I love to hold them, organise them, feel the soothing texture of their fur, and imitate their noises - it's a comfort thing.

Gizalba
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jan 2014, 5:44 pm

This topic makes me smile :) Yes I have not been able to throw away any of my soft toys from when I was little (I have quite a lot ;) ). They are lined up in their boxes organised in my childhood home still. It sounds silly but I really worry about them getting damaged so I have only taken one with me to where I live with my boyfriend (less storage/protection space)- I keep a close eye on that one and am very protective over her haha. She has a friend now though as my boyfriend bought me one that now has very high value because it was from him - I get anxious even if he touches them as he is rather clumsy and I am scared they may get food on them or something lol. Luckily he finds my worry about them amusing. Although I 'know' logically that they aren't conscious beings, I still seem to see them as just as 'real' with feelings as I did when I was a child.

corvuscorax
Toucan
Toucan

27 Jan 2014, 12:11 am

I currently own about 70 different stuffed animals. It makes me happy.

"Don't be That One Aspie..."

Sherry221B
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2014, 11:04 am

Quote:
... they're soft, they make me feel safe

I love plushies very much.

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2014, 1:49 pm

I still have my stuffed bunny from when I was a kid. Other than that I just have a couple of stuffed unicorns and a purple clown fish I won at the state fair last fall.

InnaLucia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jan 2014, 6:42 pm

My mum just bought me an elephant Ty Pluffie for my birthday.

CrabalockerFishwife
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Jan 2014, 8:51 pm

Gizalba wrote:
Although I 'know' logically that they aren't conscious beings, I still seem to see them as just as 'real' with feelings as I did when I was a child.

This is exactly how I feel! It's not an exaggeration to say that I have more of a connection and sense of empathy with my plushies than I do with most people. I'm very preoccupied with positioning them in a certain way so that they don't 'suffocate', and have to cuddle them on a rotational basis to ensure that none are left out.. :oops:

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2014, 3:23 am

I honestly have too many plushies, but I still love them.

Gizalba
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Feb 2014, 2:19 pm

CrabalockerFishwife wrote:
Gizalba wrote:
Although I 'know' logically that they aren't conscious beings, I still seem to see them as just as 'real' with feelings as I did when I was a child.

This is exactly how I feel! It's not an exaggeration to say that I have more of a connection and sense of empathy with my plushies than I do with most people. I'm very preoccupied with positioning them in a certain way so that they don't 'suffocate', and have to cuddle them on a rotational basis to ensure that none are left out.. :oops:

I am glad I am not alone in this! The trying to prevent 'suffocation' and the cuddle rotation I can completely understand :P At my parents home I had some in a display case so they could see out without getting dust on them, but not many would fit in, so I had to rotate them every few months so that some of the others from the boxes under my bed got a turn in the luxury accommodation :lol:

murasaki_ahiru
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Feb 2014, 7:28 am

I love them. Last character one I got was a Ducklett (Pokemon) to add to my big collection of duck things I own.

BrittMichaela
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Feb 2014, 9:07 pm

I love plushies! I have a stuffed unicorn named Twilight that I sleep with at night. She actually helps me fall asleep. I hope to buy more in the future. :oops: