For the ladies who have trouble wearing foundation

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2014, 9:17 am

I have oily skin, even at 50, and I also have a very uneven skin tone and a few acne scars, so foundation is a must for me. It always felt heavy and greasy etc, even with powder and blush on. I wore it anyway, but my daughter turned me on to something great! It's light, and you can barely feel it and very simple to put on. No skill at all really.

It's mineral powder foundation. I'm using L'Oreal True Match Mineral Powder foundation. You just dip the brush that comes with it into the powder, knock off a bit of the excess and rub it in a circular motion all over your face. It's unbelievable how it covers. If you need more coverage you can put on another layer. I can't even feel it on but it looks full coverage and powdered all in one 45 second application. I'd really suggest it to the ladies who want to wear foundation but can't cause of how it feels.

I love it!!I have almost an airbrushed look from it

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2014, 9:41 am

My favorite, too. :D Liquid foundation always seemed gross to me. I like the Bare Minerals line.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2014, 4:07 pm

Yes, mineral makeup is awesome! I use Lily Lolo. I will never go back to liquid stuff.

FelisIndagatricis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Jun 2014, 4:38 pm

I've used L'Oreal True Match liquid for years. I got the TM Naturale powder a few years ago, but now I can't remember why I stopped using it. (Digging around through old makeup...) Yep, it was Bare Naturale Soft Ivory when I got it. The colors have different names now according to the website. (Puts on Naturale. Lecture on old makeup, blah, blah.) I think it's less coverage than I wanted at the time. Putting on more is making the imperfect color match more obvious, in a pixelated way. Even though Soft Ivory is also what I use in the liquid, the color of the powder is different enough to not give smooth coverage with the heavier application. It could be really good for someone who wants lighter application or who can get the right color match, though. And application is much faster than the liquid.

I've been using Bare Minerals powder over my liquid foundation, but I think I'm going to switch back to Maybelline Shine Free powder. The Bare Minerals powder has a bit too much mica for my liking (sparkly), although not nearly as much as some others, and it lasts a long time.

I wish I could like mineral makeup as much as everyone else, but I haven't found quite the right type for me. I've made some on my own for historical reenactment, so I might work on that formula more when I have time.

FelisIndagatricis

30 Jun 2014, 6:30 pm

OK, so it looks like the TM Bare Naturale I have is not what the TM Naturale formula is now. Which is likely a good thing, because this stuff is starting to make my face sting. 5% is too much zinc oxide. The new formula doesn't have any sunscreen, so there should be no stinging.

Must. Wash. Face.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2014, 7:06 pm

I have super oily skin, too and rarely wear foundation. Liquid always wears off on my nose and then gets all flaky and powder doesn't go on evenly. I have to use Urban Decay's Eden eyeshadow primer so my eyeshadow doesn't crease.

If anyone with oily skin wants a good face wash I highly suggest anything from Clean and Clear. I love their Morning Burst scrub and cleanser!

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

blacklashes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jul 2014, 12:03 pm

I have ridiculously oily skin, I found my hg foundation ages ago :)
It is lancome teint idole 24hr. It is absolutely divine. It does stay matte but I noticed that some of the shades oxidize a lot so I got the lightest neutral which is exactly my colour in winter. I warm it up with contouring anyway but more so when I'm not as pale.

One thing I will say about liquid foundation or any foundation for that matter is that base prep is so important. I use Clarins tamarind facial wash then the iris toner followed by multi active day lotion which is a brilliant moisturizer for oily skin because its so light and it really softens and smooths the skin making it the perfect base for foundation. Before starting this routine I was using primers that played havok with my skin and exfoliating to rid the spots caused by unnecessary products, that s**t is too harsh for facial skin imo. Now I don't need foundation because my skin looks great (lol) I like makeup so still wear it occasionally.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2014, 9:47 am

I do a triple whammy; liquid foundation, followed by a mousey thick one I spot use as concealer (most of the concealers available aren't enough for my red blotches, nor are they in enough shades), then the mineral powder to set. I think my powder is a Revlon Colourstay one. My makeup doesn't budge all night.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 4:17 pm

Might have to give that one a try. I am a greaseball with orange-rind pores. Most foundation of any kind tends to settle into my pores and gives me a polka-dotted look.

blacklashes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jul 2014, 4:54 am

You can hide redness by using a yellow powder like Ben Nye banana powder before foundation, powder first doesn't leave ones face cakey or powdery looking. It also turns just about any foundation into a full coverage one.
I cant use mousse foundations, they just seem to block my pores making the oiliness worse. I don't get the whole mineral foundation thing either, I don't like seeing the sparkly bits on skin, I think foundations should look like skin and not a christmas card or a mask.

MAC pro longwear concealer is amazing, I've seen women use this as their foundation because it's that good for covering. I don't personally use concealers, If i have a blemish or under eye circles I just use banana powder and foundation.

Atom1966
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jul 2014, 6:09 pm

I have tried several brands of mineral foundations with high expectations. Unforunately it didn't work it because they made my skin even oilier than already it is, even the Bare Escentuals matte foundation. My favorites are Guerlain foundations but they are ridiculously expensive. I haven't found a drugstore foundation that works for me so for now I am stuck to expensive brands. That gets compensated by the facted that I only apply a little foundation so one bottle lasts more than 6 months in my case.