Skirts and dresses: vulnerability from below

Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MaryXYX
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Oct 2015, 5:51 pm

Even more so the shorts that are really little more than underwear!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 1:35 am

dianthus wrote:
Nambo wrote:
Women don't understand, the shape of a woman's bottom half is a sexual trigger to men, skirts hide such, trousers don't, especially the way women have to wear them so tight.

I think most women understand this perfectly. It annoys me that clothing manufacturers follow this trend and make it so hard to find loose fitting pants.

Yes, they understand that, and there are many who want to appear sexy - that shouldn't be a bad thing - but if you don't be so there are so many options by the clothing manufacturers in the market. I don't think any of you is living under a dress code dictatorship.

As I have said before when I posted the women in 70's Afghanistan photo, be careful for what you wish for and don't complain much :lol:.

Quote:
Skirts don't make much difference though, I can't count how many times I've been called "J-lo" or had similar comments made about the shape of my ass, even while I was wearing a loose-fitting, A-line, midi skirt.

The problem is in these men, no matter what she wears they'll still find something to catcall her about- and they think that sexy wear is a further free invitation for that.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 16 Oct 2015, 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 1:36 am

:o :lol: :lol: :lol: That's so mean.

dobyfm
Toucan
Toucan

15 Nov 2015, 6:41 pm

Pants are probably considered immodest by some because they are considered "male's clothing" and because they are tight on the body.

I always wear skirts out of preference. I can't stand wearing pants or shorts. In my opinion, skirts are more comfortable. I don't see anything wrong with pants though.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 6:56 pm

I like to wear skirts & dresses. They're comfortable, versatile & tights or leggings underneath are warm in my cold climate, plus skirts/dresses fit better. Yes, you can be just as active in skirts/dresses! Imo, women should wear what is comfortable & appropriate for them (given that certain professions call for certain types of dress too).

Imo, such choice is not a sexual statement as we all wear clothes, choosing a certain style for any given reason(s) ranging from preference, climate, comfort, etc. (Ok, if a woman wears super short revealing skirts with high heels, then that implies sexual nuances). Personally, a knee-length denim or corduroy skirt with a pretty sweater is my favorite go-to look. Yes, I am an Aspie and feminine.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 11:05 pm

skorts are my s**t, they are like sporks except actually practical.

FizzyOrange
Raven
Raven

16 Nov 2015, 2:13 am

I like pants and usually tight fitting clothes. It makes me feel better for some reason. I also like baggy clothes. I don't know when or why I'd prefer one or the other.

I never wear shorts because they feel like I'm too exposed. I wish I knew how to wear a skirt. Some people pointed it out and that usually made me feel less feminine... I just like pants. I do have some dresses that I enjoy wearing but mostly stick to pants.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 5:31 am

A model went pantless in hong kong, and no one batted an eye:
http://9gag.com/tv/p/aYJRNq/girl-hong-kong-no-pants

I've heard that catcalling almost does not exist in Asian countries.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 12:46 pm

lol, this thread reminds me of how idiots sometimes say that attractive women are "asking for it" by wearing revealing clothes.

When in truth, they usually dress that way to act even more stuck-up(i.e. the exact opposite of "asking for it") :roll:

Lyzza
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Nov 2015, 6:07 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
A model went pantless in hong kong, and no one batted an eye:
I've heard that catcalling almost does not exist in Asian countries.

In asia you can show as much leg as you want but if you show cleavage is a huge nono

OlivG
Raven
Raven

18 Nov 2015, 9:06 am

starkid wrote:
"Modesty" is based on what men find threatening and arousing, so it isn't likely to make much sense.

It does make sense. For an instance, studies have found certain proportions and body types to be more attractive to men because they signal higher fertility. I recommend doing some basic research on evolutionary psychology before making sexist claims.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2015, 11:06 am

OlivG wrote:
starkid wrote:
"Modesty" is based on what men find threatening and arousing, so it isn't likely to make much sense.

It does make sense. For an instance, studies have found certain proportions and body types to be more attractive to men because they signal higher fertility. I recommend doing some basic research on evolutionary psychology before making sexist claims.

You're coming into a Women's Discussion thread and telling us to read up on evo-psych nonsense? (I am female, before you ask--I can't fix my profile to reflect that.)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2015, 11:44 am

Skirts/dresses certainly don't hide a lady's cleavage.

OlivG
Raven
Raven

18 Nov 2015, 11:59 am

wilburforce wrote:
You're coming into a Women's Discussion thread and telling us to read up on evo-psych nonsense? (I am female, before you ask--I can't fix my profile to reflect that.)

I do understand that many tend to get insecure when they are revealed the more primal origins of the Human psychology, but if you could put such insecurities aside for a moment and check, for an example a wiki article you would see that it's a valid scientific field.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_psychology

Also:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2015, 12:07 pm

I don't see why it matters if skirts or pants are more arousing for males evolution psychology or not. Either way being 'aroused' isn't an excuse to act on it inappropriately. Just like it would be wrong of me to force myself on a male if their looks/what they are wearing is arousing to me.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2015, 12:10 pm

i wear long pants the great majority of the time. too old for shorts. wear a long dress for special occasions, though i've had dresses blown up to reveal my underwear before.