Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2015, 10:22 am

Hi ladies and maybe even gents.

I'm bringing this topic up because it is something that happened to me earlier on this year.

I found a lump in my breast.

What I'd like to get across really is that if you do find a lump then you must always get it checked out as soon as you find it and that in most cases it will be nothing serious.

I was absolutely terrified when I found mine and it was horrendous. I really did feel like it was the end of the world for me but the worst part of it was I had to make my daughter aware of my finding and reassure her that it was probably nothing even though I had all kinds of dread going round in my head.

Fortunately I was fine and it turned out to be a positive experience for both me and my daughter as she also saw that it doesn't always have to turn out for the worst.

Since that time I have realised that there is not enough in the media that shows stories of women or men who find lumps and they turn out to be nothing and it was amazing how many other people I spoke to who had also had similar experiences to me where the lump had turned out to be a cyst or even nothing at all.

I would just like to say that if anyone does find anything they are unhappy with about their person then please please please get it checked out as soon as possible because the chances are it will be nothing.

Also I would like to say that it is the first time in my life that I saw the health system actually act promptly and caring.

Also if you act quickly and it does turn out to be something then the quicker you act you chances of a good recovery are far better.

Please ladies and gents, do not go through the worry of it on your own because it is horrendous. You must always get it seen to immediately.

Thanks for you time.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2015, 2:13 pm

Hmm. I see you're trying to balance the karma of enjoying it when you annoy and take pleasure in annoying your cold call victims...Still probably not enough.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2015, 3:53 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
Hmm. I see you're trying to balance the karma of enjoying it when you annoy and take pleasure in annoying your cold call victims...Still probably not enough.

Shame on you BirdInFlight.

This thread was designed to help people not for you to carry on a debate from a thread that has already been locked.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 12:35 am

I have a few fibrocysts in my breasts but they stopped growing after I got off birth control pills. I had to get one removed though as it was quite large and painful, and it was scary because it got sent to the mayo lab for extra testing because it presented like a type of malignant tumor. however, it turned out to be benign! I'm glad that your ordeal turned out ok as well! *sigh of relief* :heart:

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 4:38 am

Glad everything turned out okay, BB. That's an awesome message. :thumleft:

dobyfm
Toucan
Toucan

12 Nov 2015, 6:00 pm

Good thing everything turned out okay! :) :heart: