Page 3 of 7 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 4:50 pm

Apatura wrote:
Is there a third alternative apart from tomboy and girly?

Yes, my clone, I would fit in the same unnamed category. It would be being unique and not beholden to the social mores of our sex because of our atypicalness.

SeriousGirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 6:14 pm

I have interests more suited to males, but I enjoy looking like a woman. I don't like negative attention so I usually dress to suit the occasion. At home I usually wear jeans and minimal make up - tinted moisturizer and lip gloss. Jeans, these days, are getting a lot more girly. The fashion industrry is trying to make you look sexy, even if that is not your intent. :)

Erilyn
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2007, 4:47 pm

SeriousGirl wrote:
The fashion industrry is trying to make you look sexy, even if that is not your intent. :)

I love that they're coming out with longer shirts again. Not everyone wants to show off their abs (or lack thereof), thank you!

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2007, 5:02 pm

Erilyn wrote:
SeriousGirl wrote:
The fashion industrry is trying to make you look sexy, even if that is not your intent. :)

I love that they're coming out with longer shirts again. Not everyone wants to show off their abs (or lack thereof), thank you!

I have long white lace-trimmed camis to wear under a lot of my shirts...they keep my stomach from showing when I lift my arms. Also, if the shirt is a v-neck, a little bit of it shows through there too. :)

Hazelwudi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2007, 10:03 pm

RedMage wrote:
I am. That's the reason most my online friends are male because I share the same interests as them. I love video games that are intended for guys, especially ones with lots of blood and gore. :oops:

As do I, and that's nothing to be ashamed of imo.

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 5:01 pm

I am somewhat. I'm about as far from being girly as I can get. I'm not really into cars or sports like guys are though.

Twilight823
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Mar 2007, 11:17 pm

Aspie_for_the_Lord wrote:
future Archeologist? :wink:

Oh Thats a good idea, I"ll have to look into that. A job studying Egypt, and digging in the dirt looks like it would fit me perfectly.

I think my brothers raised me to be a tomboy, because well I have four of them with a few 'adopted brothers', and with my lack of social skills i just copied whatever they did.

Dawnmc71
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Mar 2007, 3:28 pm

:D yep, count me in! Haven´t worn makeup for 3 years (great tho, my fella hates the stuff, so no pressure there) and live in jeans or shorts. I own one skirt, reserved for weddings, and heels to match, worn once!!

Jeans and trainers are what I am! Always hated dolls, I was a teddy bear lover, and certainly more into board games and card games than girly stuff!

And of course i am an engineer - need I say more?

And I have an aspie daughter who is a mini me, exactly the same - it´s soooo weird!!

Dawn

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 3:20 am

RedMage wrote:
I love all things that are meant for guys. Guns, swords, fighting, wars, all that sort of thing.

I love this kind of things. I'm a tom-boy :D

Aspie_for_the_Lord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 3:53 am

i like tom-boys.... i feel a little sickened by these women who plaster themselves with makeup and wouldnt say boo to a goose... and those annoying sideways glances.... give me a girl with a bit of fire in her belly...

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 4:24 am

i like tom-boys.... i feel a little sickened by these women who plaster themselves with makeup and wouldnt say boo to a goose... and those annoying sideways glances.... give me a girl with a bit of fire in her belly...

Hehe, yes, indeed. I abhor makeup and I abhor the whole slu*ty look, no offence to any who dress like that, but I cannot bear seeing women made up to the hilt, in skirts so short they might as well go out in their knickers and not bother at all.

Aspie_for_the_Lord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 4:30 am

Graelwyn wrote:

Hehe, yes, indeed. I abhor makeup and I abhor the whole slu*ty look, no offence to any who dress like that, but I cannot bear seeing women made up to the hilt, in skirts so short they might as well go out in their knickers and not bother at all.

Amen to that.... its NOT right to take advantage of a guys visual-linked drive... its tantamount to manipulation.....no wait.... it IS manipulation... :x

while i think its not right for guys to attack women for looking like this.... its not right for women to try to tease and allure like that... its sickening... its all so course and base

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 4:41 am

Nope, I prefer to wear trousers, or long flowing gownlike dresses and skirts, a la gothic/tudor style. I like old fashioned style clothing in that sense, but I can tell you, I got some strange looks in Asdas going out dressed like that :P

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 4:42 am

Amen to that.... its NOT right to take advantage of a guys visual-linked drive... its tantamount to manipulation.....no wait.... it IS manipulation... :x

Some males LIKE being manipulated.

BigTimeSynesthete
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Apr 2007, 8:02 pm

No, i'm not exactly a tomboy. I have a closetful of skirts, only three pairs of jeans (2 have been wrecked and i only wear them on weekends), 7 pairs of cortoroy pants, and 5 dresses. i always carry a purse to school, which contains school supplies I need everyday, regardless of what my block schedule day is. But I hate shopping, gossiping, excessive makeup (especially mascara), taking about boys, and hanging out with girly girls. Tomboys and girly men are far more fun than the norm. My best friend is a skatebording, surfing tomboy who could never wear a dress or skirt.

Benji
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Apr 2007, 7:38 am

I'm definitely a tomboy. However I do actually wear eyeliner sometimes just because I like how it looks (I'm quite pale and for some reason eyeliner makes me look less so) and on occassion I wear lipstick (matte, can't be dealing with glossy slippery goo) just to make sure people know I'm a girl or because I look washed out on that particular day. I don't always bother with even eyeliner though.

I hate make up in general though because it's awkward anyway and I hate having anything on my skin (moisturiser, foundation, anything like that). Well, face pants are okay sometimes! Haha.

I played boy characters in drama and got told I make a better boy than a girl. I have been mistaken for a boy (a man who worked in the chipshop addressed me like I was a boy-child). I also have short hair because I have 'Jew hair' and so when it was long I had to straighten it all the time otherwise the texture annoyed me, yet short I don't have to do that (when it's cut right it dries straight when it's short).