Page 5 of 7 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

lunaloo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Sep 2011, 10:42 am

I am definitely not a tomboy. I love make-up, clothes and jewelry and spend quite a bit of time and money on my appearance. I love feeling feminine and attractive. I have no interest in typical male things such as sports and action movies. Yet I'm terrible at typical 'female' things such as housekeeping, decorating, planning and hosting parties, etc. Oddly enough, I seem to be able to get along better with men than with women although that's probably just because men, in general, are more easygoing and less critical than women are.

Agemaki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2011, 1:11 am

I'm kind of a combination. Since childhood I've always loved dresses and skirts; I remember as a little girl I favored one made of red velvet with white lace. My favorite toys as a child were dolls and ribbons and silk flowers. I had a phase where I was obsessed with pink and Barbie.

I also loved computer games. As a child of about four years of age I enjoyed a Doom mod my older brothers made for me which they termed "Pet the Monster". It served to cheer me up when sad. But I generally had contempt for boyish things like sports and saw boys as being inferior.

As an adult I no longer have the notion that men are lesser beings yet I continue to have a distate for sporting events and the like. Indeed I find overly masculine traits in men to be unattractive and while I tend to be rather aggressive in pursuing potential love interests, I prefer men who are gentle, effeminate wallflowers. I have no interest in conforming to the gender norm of female passivity.

I usually wear something comfortable when at home. Still, I have a love for dresses and am seldom seen in a T-shirt and jeans. I also love parasols with ruffles and folding fans. I'd wear hats more if I could find cute ones with bows and netting and flowers and all those wonderful things. I adore tea parties (with one or two close friends) and making elaborate confections. I also enjoy needlework. Yet I will put in 30+ hours on a new computer game in a period of three days, given the opportunity.

I don't really engage in any of the more social aspects of femininity (I have no interest in gossip and excessive shopping is just tiresome.) and have a mixture of male and female friends. I would describe myself as a recluse with feminine tastes and an androgynous brain.

Antzy24
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Oct 2011, 8:04 am

I love being a tomboy. It's just more fun :wink: But instead of climbing trees and playing video games, I now prefer pool and poker.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2011, 8:15 am

Total tomboy. Combat boots or Berkies when I have to wear shoes at all. Bluejeans and t-shirts. Ponytails and baseball caps. Dresses are for weddings and funerals. Makeup is for job interviews.

About the girliest thing I do is tie a ribbon around my ponytail when I want to feel "pretty."

Well, and menstruate. ;-p :lol:

Sowlowsolo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2011, 4:00 pm

Cheerlessleader wrote:
I'm half-and-half (tomboy and girly-girl)

Me too - Started of tom-boyish but over 46 years I've grown more and more girly (but I still don't feel great in a dress!!)
As a young kid I loved my toy cars. I had a toy garage and I used to draw on dolls faces for some reason??!

Rubydoobs
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Oct 2011, 4:25 pm

I am feminine in many ways; I like looking pretty and I wear dresses and skirts and make-up and I have long hair.

But my husband frequently tells me I should have been born a man, as my attitudes and responses and points of views are more like those typically expressed by men.

I did one of those "what gender is your brain" tests and apparently I have a male brain.

So maybe I am a gay man inside. 8O

What's normal? Well, that's a good question. Normal is what everyone else is and you are not ~ Tolian Soran (ST: Gen)

AngelofDreams
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Oct 2011, 8:25 pm

RedMage wrote:
I am. That's the reason most my online friends are male because I share the same interests as them. I love video games that are intended for guys, especially ones with lots of blood and gore. :oops:

I'm the same with having friends that are mostly guys, as they don't like girly stuff. :P
Joke aside, I've a deep interest in video games and computer games as well, and gore is awesome.

Besides that, I HATE wearing skirts and dresses. I only do that when I'm forced to or if it's some occasion where it is required. The clothes I mostly wear are those mostly designed for males, as my body frame is quite large for a woman (at least in Sweden, and the doctors has qualified me as big-boned).
I also rarely wear make-up. It makes me feel icky.

As a kid, I would rather play with toy cars than dolls, or being the knight instead of the princess. I still had my moments when I liked to be a "princess", but it wasn't often.

I also liked having my hair short, as long hair sometimes bothers me when it's in my face. I would also use hair gel to create hairstyles when I had short hair, and it was fun!

YoshiPikachu
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2011, 5:36 pm

Yes I am. I hate the color pink!! !! And O hate whering dresses!

MissAwkward
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Oct 2011, 8:43 pm

I am a tom boy and only get along with guys. Love gore and video games. Only girly thing I like is makeup.

Miharu
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Oct 2011, 9:08 pm

I'm half-half. When i was a kid i was a tomboy. I liked robots, toy cars, guns, soccer, basketball, karting, playing video games. I hated girly things. I never wanted to be girly. I couldn't stand girly girls, they seemed weak to me, push-overs. I wanted to be strong. I loved competing against boys and being better then them at things. I was really into video games. I loved playing video games with boy friends. But my parents never really letted me be that way. They didn't like buying me things for 'boys'. I remember i wanted video game systems really badly. They didn't like it. I always wanted a brother, so i could borow his stuff and play with it. I didn't care my looks, my mother cares alot for her looks. She'd always dress me up nice and girly. And my dad did business in cosmetics, beauty and skin-care products. Those things affected me alot and made me who am today. I like looking feminine, i take care of my looks, i wear make-up, skirts. I like some girly things, but still love the same things as i did kid. Most of my online friends are males. I get along with guys more then girls. It's easier for me to make friends online. In real life its harder for me to make friends, or to find people who like the same things i do. When i say what my interests are, people always seem suprised.

femme
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Oct 2011, 6:11 pm

I get called a tomboy, because I am a lesbian, which is completely sexist, just because I like girls doesn't mean I dress like a man :evil:

Mad_Jessie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Nov 2011, 5:37 pm

Yes I am a tomboy and I even have been accused of thinking as a guy.

ECJ
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Nov 2011, 8:39 am

I'm very tomboy-ish. I don't wear make up and never will, can't stand shopping, never had dolls, and wear comfortable clothes (mainly trousers and t-shirts). I rarely wear dresses and can't stand anything flowery/frilly.
As a kid I used to play with toy cars, and I've always liked watching and playing sport.

femme
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Nov 2011, 4:15 pm

ECJ wrote:
I'm very tomboy-ish. I don't wear make up and never will, can't stand shopping, never had dolls, and wear comfortable clothes (mainly trousers and t-shirts). I rarely wear dresses and can't stand anything flowery/frilly.
As a kid I used to play with toy cars, and I've always liked watching and playing sport.

You sound like my girlfriend she is the boy in the relationship I am a girly girl haha :wink:

TheTigress
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2011, 1:32 am

I'm a tom boy through and through. Always have been, always will be. I was the kid who played with ninja turtle action figures instead of dolls. Computers (built mine last year), basketball, expanding my knowledge, video games, and art are my hobbies. A lot of people think I'm gay because of my male mannerisms and the fact I dress in men's clothes (more logical and comfortable, plus they look cooler and fit my personality) but I honestly don't give a damn what others think. My brain is male while my body is female, but I wouldn't change it for anything.

I'm also more suited in the provider/protector role with the people I care about. Especially my best friend. Just comes more natural to me.

Never been interested in the so called girl stuff, and I also think it's crap how much society tries to dictate how a woman should act and what she should be into based on the fact they were born with an innie instead of an outie.

I took one of those "What gender is your brain?" quizzes and the results said my brain was definitely male.

Halla
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Nov 2011, 3:55 pm

My guy friend once said "You're a tom-boy without trying to be one." I think I know what he means, I look like a girl but I don't act girly or do girly things.