Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 3:37 am

Yeah, I hate getting makeup in my eyes.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 6:55 pm

I love all things that are meant for guys. Guns, swords, fighting, wars, all that sort of thing.

Nightcry
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Mar 2007, 7:18 pm

Makeup. Can't STAND the stuff. I wore it ONCE and was distracted and irritated for the entire duration. Soon as I had the chance I washed it off best I could but could still feel it on me.

And you know what's stupid? It was only lip gloss.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 7:28 pm

I'd never wear makeup. That stuff is horrible.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 8:05 pm

RedMage wrote:
I'd never wear makeup. That stuff is horrible.

I like makeup. But it makes me break out if I don't wash it off.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2007, 12:24 pm

I'm a tomboy. I like big mighty Routemasters, I spike my hair and relate to The Sex Pistols, I refuse to wear anything girly, I jump out of vans instead of stepping out, like a lady and I enjoy watching the Olympics and World Cup Soccer.

Erilyn
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Mar 2007, 12:49 pm

I think I’m in between tomboy and girly-girl.

Most of the kids I DID play with were boys. Girls liked to pretend they were grownups, while boys actually liked to PLAY.

I loved Barbie dolls, but preferred to take them on “adventures”, rather than have them play stupid beauty pageants and stuff like other girls did. But I also liked to play with their hair and change their clothes – you couldn’t do that with “boy” toys like the plastic GI Joe action figures – although those were cool too!

I liked both “girl” and “boy” cartoons, though I tended more towards shows with a lot of action and/or were colourful or aesthetically pleasing. She-Ra rocked because she was a girl AND she kicked ass! Care Bears were sissy as hell but they were cute and I loved the pastel colours. But I also loved Thundercats, the GI Joe cartoons, and a bunch of other typically “boy” cartoons.

When it came to board games and video games, I definitely tended more towards boy stuff, or unisex at the very least. I liked Barbies, but Barbie games were always about fashion and dates and shopping (blech). Girl games forced you to act out the very things I hated about "girl play". The best board game ever was Mouse Trap – because you got to build stuff! And my favourite video games were simulation games and RPGs – stuff most girls aren’t interested in.

I like make-up but I think it is much more of an artistic interest than an actual desire to change my appearance. I am slightly interested in fashion – but again, it is strictly an artistic interest - I don’t actually incorporate fashion trends into my own wardrobe. As for hair, well, it’s strictly wash-n-go for me.

In a nutshell, if I liked anything girly, it was strictly a visual, artistic interest - even as a child. I like the effects you can create with a little eyeshadow, but I love what can be done with a little rubber and paint when it comes to Hollywood creature effects, too. It’s strictly art.

I may have liked how Barbie LOOKED, even if I didn’t like the social BS that look represented (if that makes any sense).

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2007, 4:02 pm

Okay, so I'm not actually girly enough to make makeup part of my everyday routine. I wear it on certain occasions...And I only wear very natural makeup. My usual (every day) "makeup" consists of chapstick and facial moisturiser.

I remember I was getting my makeup done at the mall, and the woman kept trying to put on things that I found were far to dark. And I was saying "No, I don't want that. Natural...neutral tones." and she was confused because it was for an evening formal thing...

Then she tried to put mascara on me, and the one she put on was like this curling, multiplying crap...my lashes were sooo dark and she said "Doesn't that look good? You have such nice full lashes." For me it was just too much. They looked fake! I had her take it off and pulled another mascara out...one without all the curling, multiplying stuff...but from the pictures it looked far more "me" and I said "I think I'd look better in this one."

I think I really frustrated her. But my mom always taught me that the secret with makeup was to make it look like you were wearing none at all...not that you had a pound of goop on your face. If I had let her do it her way, I would have felt like I had hooker-style makeup on...

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2007, 4:41 pm

i know i am, i do not know any women that like hardware or computers as much as me, i dont like makeup or dresses, the only time i wear any jewelry would be at a wedding or a funeral maybe.

i dont carry a pocketbook or handbags, (thats what pockets are for)

if i drove, forget about them little "hospital beds with engines" i'd go for a truck(chevy)

im not only one whos like this, my aunt is as well shes an ASE certified car mechanic gave her the "shock" of some time when she thoguth i was joking about owning my own closers, when i showed her i thought her eyes were going to pop out of her head!

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2007, 11:45 pm

Starbuline wrote:
I like makeup. But it makes me break out if I don't wash it off.

Nah, leave it on and then cry! That would look funny. :P

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2007, 8:15 am

RedMage wrote:
I love all things that are meant for guys. Guns, swords, fighting, wars, all that sort of thing.
thats because guys get all of the fun stuff... Girls get fashin, makeup and crying :roll:

I don't know if I'd count as a tomboy, is their a discription of what it takes to be one? I mean I do wear chapstick tyoe stuff sometimes, but because of the taste :P
chapstick = Candy+Wax :P
>.<; man that sounds disgusting though

Cheerlessleader
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2007, 8:18 am

I'm half-and-half (tomboy and girly-girl)

Twilight823
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Mar 2007, 10:43 pm

I would say I'm a tom boy, even though my mother shoved me into ballet, and my grandfather shoved me into modeling school. I hate dresses the only time I've willing worn a dress was for a funeral, I really hate brushing my hair, and putting on make up, and i am proud to say I can beat anyone at a burping contest. Most of the friends i have are boys, and i love horror movies, and violent video games. As far as my fashion sense goes most mornings i just grab something off my or my brother's floor to wear. if it looks clean, and doesn't smell its good enough to wear. I decapitated my Barbies, I use to cut up worms, I love bugs, and digging in mud is possibly the best thing ever.

Aspie_for_the_Lord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 4:29 am

Twilight823 wrote:
I love bugs, and digging in mud is possibly the best thing ever.

future Archeologist? :wink:

Mozart
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Mar 2007, 5:40 am

I am, have always, and always will be a Tom Boy....I do not wear skirts or dresses. Not into anything girly at all. Even my job is a predominately male occupation.

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 11:56 am

I was not a tomboy (though my sister was). But I definitely was not "girly" either. I hated and still hate the color pink, couldn't stand anything "cute." Is there a third alternative apart from tomboy and girly? :lol: