Page 4 of 7 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 1:14 am

@ night cry and redmage. I am sooo the same!
I believe should enhance someones beauty and plaster itall over ppls faces(honestly alot of popular ppl look like them). Makeup when i use it takes less then 10 minutes to put on, blush, lipgloss, eye liner, eyeshadow mascara! all of itslight, and waterprooof. Though most days I choose not to wear makeup, except for church(plain dress with tennis shoes or usually jeans) (to much stigma about it like if i wear it one day and decide not too people will comments)
For reasons I wrote above, I will now only put on makeup if I feel like it. Most of the time I just getup out of bed, eat, dress, deodarant(Spray) brush teeth and hair(usually notin pigtales or any thing like that I have abob)
I also love Pokemon, Beyblade(owns alot of original) like Animelike bleach, RK, Naruto, GEGEGENOKITARO, and others. I also like videogames as well(rdr, l4d, warhammer, bioshock, dnd daggerdale+more), and some sports(baseball, and self taught kendo)

ps:this is my first time using the forum, i am a new member basically

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 6:30 pm

^Welcome. I didn't start using makeup until I was in my late 20's. I didn't have a barbie doll. I loved playing with cars, riding bikes and trying to skateboard. I enjoy using tools and don't mind grease and or sawdust.

Waddie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Jul 2011, 6:57 pm

Total tom-boy. In fact until I really started showing a figure, and quit hiding it, people thought I was a boy. I don't wear dresses or make-up or jewelry. High heels are painful death traps. Fingernail polish is ridiculous since it takes so much effort to care for them correctly. And, sorry, I really can't see the point of it. I really like being a girl, but just a really butch one. Why my husband finds me sexy . . ? Oh, and I don't act like a girl, either. I'm aggresive, I sit with my legs apart (my mom never could break me of that one), I swear like a sailor (if you can even call that more of a male trait than a female one), I'm clean, but not groomed (no hair spray - itchy, or perfume - smelly, or deoderant - also smelly and creepy feeling), etc.

Chibs
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Aug 2011, 6:53 pm

I guess I am. I don't like skirts or high heels(pants and flat shoes are so much more practical and comfortable!), don't wear makeup, and I like video games. As a kid, I never liked what I call "pink-sparkly-barbie-princess" stuff. I don't use nailpolish, and all I do with my hair is wash and brush every day. To me, clothes should be comfortable before "fashionable", and never too tight-fitting. I want to be a video game designer when I grow up.
I do use a purse, though, but that's strictly for practical purposes instead of some fashion accessory.... easy to carry all your stuff around, and I also made sure to pick one that was big enough and had shoulder-straps. I also like cute things. That's the only "girly" traits I have that I can think of, really.

Not that into "boy" things like sports, cars and such, though. Maybe I'm more androgynous?

Rose_in_Winter
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2011, 12:56 am

Too much of a bookworm to be a tomboy, I'd much rather curl up with a cup of tea and a good book than zone out in front of an FPS. I'm too clumsy to be any good at sports. However, I am into all those stereotypically guy things some of the women here mentioned...not FPS games, but I love RPGs and cooperative games. I also enjoy fighting games, although my husband usually crushes me. I like football, action movies, science fiction movies and TV shows, beer, all that "boy stuff." (But not potty humor.) I'm not a tomboy, though...I don't see the fun in that. (Although I still like to climb trees...with a book.)

Being a girly-girl, OTOH, is FUN! I love makeup, pretty clothes, shopping, new shoes...a lot of stereotypically girly things. I played with dolls into my preteen years. I loved what my mother called my "action women" -- female action figures (and only female; I had no interest in the male ones). Way more fun than dressing and undressing a doll over and over. My friends and I would build elaborate landscapes, inside and/or outside, and have our action figures journey and fight through these -- no damsels in distress for us! Tomboyish behavior? I don't think so...it's still playing with dolls!

I used to be one of those girls who dressed like a boy and eschewed makeup and so on. However, I have always loved flowing skirts and cute little dresses as well. The first time I went to visit my husband (who was my boyfriend at the time), it was July and it was hot and I brought all skirts and dresses on the trip. He told me he'd always wanted to date a girl who wore skirts and dresses instead of pants, and I admitted that skirts and dresses are WAY more comfortable than pants. When we'd been living together for two years, he expressed that he wished I was "more feminine." I wasn't sure what that meant, and he regretted ever saying it, but I did figure out he wanted me to look more feminine. I got a stylish haircut that took some work to look good and found out that wasn't nearly as troublesome as I'd expected. He took me to the mall where I got a makeover and bought a lot of makeup...I don't wear a ton of it, though. Most days it's just neutral lipstick and a little eyeliner, but when we go out I really enjoy putting on more than that, and it more vibrant colors. I love doing a smoky eye and a dark lipstick; I think it looks really sexy and my husband loves it -- he's one of those guys who digs things like heavy eye makeup and false eyelashes and so on. I've gotten to the point where I can do the whole thing in about five minutes in a moving car (even mascara) without looking like a hooker or a clown.

As for heels...well. I have very short, heavy legs, while everything from where they join my body up is slender and willowy. I hate my legs. I find short legs repulsive, in fact. I can't look at myself in a full length mirror...unless I am wearing heels. They elongate and improve the line of my leg. I don't tend to wear towering heels, and I only have one pair of stiletto heels and one pair of stiletto boots; I prefer a kitten heel or wedges. I do have sensible, flat-heeled boots for when it's icy out, and of course sneakers for working out. But in the summer or when I'm inside and out of the ice, it's back into a pair of heels! They just make me hate my body less. (I don't always wear shoes around the house, though.) These shoes are more feminine, of course, so my husband approves.

So I like all the boy stuff. And I like all the girl stuff. But aside from tree-climbing, I really prefer to be inside. Definitely not a tomboy. But for the record, I have PLENTY of spirit. It really irks me that some people here equate femininity with weakness or manipulation. Keep putting down those of us who like the trappings of femininity and you may see more of my feisty feminine spirit than you like. I will wear makeup and a short skirt and heels if I want to, and if you don't like it, DON'T LOOK. My husband loves it when I dress like that, and his happiness is important to me. We get it. You don't like girly-girls, but some men do. Move on!

morrison
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Aug 2011, 5:53 pm

I am tomboyish I like tpo wear caps or sport hats all the time I don't have skirts or dresses and my favourtie colours are green and blue. I don't put make up on and I am mostly wearing sneakers or weather allowing flipflops . Can't stand shoes that have heels..

peaceloveerin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Aug 2011, 7:42 pm

I guess I'm tomboyish in the sense that I don't wear makeup, dresses, heels, or style my hair. But most of the clothes I wear actually look pretty feminine so maybe I'm 50/50.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 6:08 pm

Yes...much more when I was younger. Being with an NT male has changed me a bit, although most of the time I am myself.

PS - a friend used to bug me (he was a dear older male friend at work) because I had a couple of gay guys tell me "If I wasn't the way I was, I would date you..." 8O

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 6:24 pm

I'm still somewhat of a tomboy, but not as much as I used to be. As a girl, I loved going fishing, getting dirty (head to toe), playing with Tonka toys, Hotwheels, stuffed animals, model horses, & my pets especially the puppies. I was also into dinosaurs & bugs too. But I also loved reading (typical girl stuff like Black Beauty to science fiction), & drawing, painting, etc.

Now that I'm older, I still wear mostly jeans, but with nicer tops. I also wear make up, but I HATE foundation. I never like the way it looks on me, or the way it feels like my skin is going to suffocate or something. I do like eye shadow, liner, & mascara...I've even learned to curl my eye lashes (something I thought I'd never do), but only for special occasions. I'll also wear blush. I'm still not afraid of bugs, even the types that sting or bite, nor do things like frogs scare me. Just recently I rescued a baby praying mantis in a part of the garden I was working in....didn't want any harm to come to it. So I picked it up & moved it across the yard to a safer place.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 6:32 pm

Aspie_for_the_Lord wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
i like tom-boys.... i feel a little sickened by these women who plaster themselves with makeup and wouldnt say boo to a goose... and those annoying sideways glances.... give me a girl with a bit of fire in her belly...

Hehe, yes, indeed. I abhor makeup and I abhor the whole slu*ty look, no offence to any who dress like that, but I cannot bear seeing women made up to the hilt, in skirts so short they might as well go out in their knickers and not bother at all.

Amen to that.... its NOT right to take advantage of a guys visual-linked drive... its tantamount to manipulation.....no wait.... it IS manipulation... :x

while i think its not right for guys to attack women for looking like this.... its not right for women to try to tease and allure like that... its sickening... its all so course and base

How do you know they're actually doing it to allure you?

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 3:00 am

I'm not a tomboy, I'm just naturally interested in things that are intended for males. Basically I'm just a technology and video game nerd :D It's hard to be girly when you stayed up the previous night gaming.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 11:15 am

I love animals (girly?) and I enjoy fantasy (girly?). I'm not into sports (girly?).

Other than that I am a tomboy.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Meera
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Sep 2011, 11:59 am

Graelwyn wrote:
i like tom-boys.... i feel a little sickened by these women who plaster themselves with makeup and wouldnt say boo to a goose... and those annoying sideways glances.... give me a girl with a bit of fire in her belly...

Hehe, yes, indeed. I abhor makeup and I abhor the whole slu*ty look, no offence to any who dress like that, but I cannot bear seeing women made up to the hilt, in skirts so short they might as well go out in their knickers and not bother at all.

Amen to that.... its NOT right to take advantage of a guys visual-linked drive... its tantamount to manipulation.....no wait.... it IS manipulation... :x

while i think its not right for guys to attack women for looking like this.... its not right for women to try to tease and allure like that... its sickening... its all so course and base

I don't dress like that, but women should be able to wear whatever they want. No one ever questions what a guy wears so why should a woman be any different?

I'm not a tomboy at all. I hate getting dirty, playing rough, I hate almost all sports except soccer, I can't stands video games, and I always put on make up and fix my hair before I leave the house. I also really like "girly" stuff like jewerly, I carry a purse, and I do like shopping. :oops:

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 8:45 pm

Im 1/2 tomboy, 1/2 girl. I have a many girly interests with a tomboy attitude. I love joking around with guys, and I love talking about science, electronics, hot girls(im not a lesbian). I have a similar communication style to many guys. Overall, its more interesting to talk to guys. I still have my girly side, I like shopping, fashion, cooking, dancing. I dont clique with most women tho. I get along best with people who have more friends of the opposite sex either way. Both girls who are more tomboyish and guys who are more feminine.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 8:52 pm

I was when I was a kid and my husband still considers me one because I don't wear dresses all that much nor do I ever wear make up.

No I am not a tom boy anymore.

CeciliaAnn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Sep 2011, 1:22 pm

I enjoy wearing summer dresses just as much as I do the hand-me-downs from my uncles. I don't wear much make-up, if any, as I have learned to love myself in my natural state (plus, mascara is goopy and feels gross.) As a kid, you'd see me rough housing with the boys next door, in a dress. I played with both Hot Wheels and Barbie Dolls - my mother didn't care about what was gender appropriate, as long as it made me happy. I was more into snakes, Van Gogh, and reading than I was crayons, soccer, and horses.

I always had crushes, even as a tyke, but when it came to actual relationships and break-ups, in middle school, I was lost in the girly chit-chit beyond "whatshisface is SO CUTE!" And became even more lost in high school, to the point where I concluded I was asexual. I later developed feelings for someone in eleventh grade, which was painful, only because it went against what I believed (for I was "asexual" and couldn't possibly have feelings for him!)

Now, I'm into alot of boy-ish things, like science fiction and fishing. And I'm still one of the boys. But I also love to read and write, and adore my animals. I also love small children. However, you couldn't pay me to watch a chick-flick (though I have a guilty love for Julia Roberts) and wouldn't be caught DEAD in high-heels. As always, I think I'm half-and-half. A good mix of the feminine and masculine.

"Misery's fun, I'm kissing everyone... I gotta hold my tongue." - The Breeders