Page 4 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2015, 4:26 am

Quote:
I understand you aren't having good experiences with women, however, this reads as pretty demeaning. You might have better luck with women if you were able to look at us more positively.

lol.... then I can also tell you this: and you aspie women should also see NT women more positively. I mean, just look at this thread objectively, your fellow aspie women are saying VERY negative stuff in general about women on this thread, gossipers, catiness, mean, unfriendly, hit on husbands....are some of the very negative things being attributed here to the many/most women in general - if those users were male this thread would had been locked for misogyny and women-bashing for so long.

I personally find this thread very ironic to be honest, haven't you ever wondered that the NT women that you whine about, are the same type of women (the majority) that we have to deal with during dating? They don't transform to different persons with us. It seems, like every time a man talks negative about most women here, you suddenly feel personally targeted, why don't you also feel targeted in this thread?
But this is not the first time I see wp women here talking negatively about women; this happened very often, but I find it ironic how it's so tolerated.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2015, 4:49 am

Quote:
I understand you aren't having good experiences with women, however, this reads as pretty demeaning. You might have better luck with women if you were able to look at us more positively

and one more thing Waterfall, if you review my long post here:

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Ok....let me tell my experience about friendship with women, and how is the friendship with each others. And this isn't off topic.

Note: I am not implying anything, this is just my experience.

I had 4 groups of friends in the last 5 years and most of them were females.

Group 1: mainly 2 ladies and me + a guy who comes along sometimes.

We hanged out for couple of years, those two were best friends but suddenly, The conflict started because woman 2 felt that woman 1 isn't initiating any effort to maintain the friendship (as in texts and calls...etc).
Woman 2 started to be hostile with her, and to gossip about her (accusing her of sleeping with the other guy), woman 1 ignored her childlessness but the group collapsed. Each one of the ladies came to me to complain about the other...duh.

Group 2: started with a woman I met in a hiking trip, got introduced to her friends, most of them are women.

Conflict started with her friend's female cousin, who was part of the group too; the friend's cousin suddenly blocked her contact and ignored her calls :-/ - her friend lessened contact with her too because of her cousin; they also lessened contacting me after they stopped contacting the hiking girl (they seem to associate me as her closer friend, and its true) .... the group collapsed after couple of years, and to this day she doesn't know what happened.

Group 3: 2 women + 1 guy + the hiking girl from group 2 (introduced by me to them) -

first conflict started with the first two women (who were 'besties') , because of ...a joke said by the woman 1; all what she said jokingly 'I am always the driver' (the other has no car) - her bestie felt hurt, and she stopped me in the street in front of her place for straight 30 minutes telling me how insensitive her friend is and how she keeps saying hurtful jokes.... :-/. Then another conflict between the hiking girl and the driver girl, then another between the guy and the driver girl, ... the group collapsed LOL.

Group 4: Derived from group 3, the hiking group from group 2/3+ the guy from group 3 and his friends who had been friends with him since childhood (1 girl + 2 guys).

Conflict started subtly in a picnic trip between the hiking girl and the guy's female friend and the friend's mom; who both jokingly criticized her way of making salad. :-/ Hiking girl felt hurt, and started to ignore the guy's calls, even though he did nothing, he was used to call her a lot (he tried to call her several times), guy felt hurt and blocked her, hiking girl felt hurt because he blocked her :lol: - again, a disastrous collapse of a group.

What's funny, that in all groups, they all came to me to complain, and wanting me to take sides, and there was nothing I could do about all the conflicts....what a headache...what a headache!! :roll: :roll: :roll: sometimes I feel I am better off now as a loner with no group to hang out with on weekends.

You'll see that my negative experience with women as friends, comes mostly from the negativity between each other, way more than with me.

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2015, 6:30 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
I understand you aren't having good experiences with women, however, this reads as pretty demeaning. You might have better luck with women if you were able to look at us more positively.

lol.... then I can also tell you this: and you aspie women should also see NT women more positively. I mean, just look at this thread objectively, your fellow aspie women are saying VERY negative stuff in general about women on this thread, gossipers, catiness, mean, unfriendly, hit on husbands....are some of the very negative things being attributed here to the many/most women in general - if those users were male this thread would had been locked for misogyny and women-bashing for so long.

I personally find this thread very ironic to be honest, haven't you ever wondered that the NT women that you whine about, are the same type of women (the majority) that we have to deal with during dating? They don't transform to different persons with us. It seems, like every time a man talks negative about most women here, you suddenly feel personally targeted, why don't you also feel targeted in this thread?
But this is not the first time I see wp women here talking negatively about women; this happened very often, but I find it ironic how it's so tolerated.

Well, to me, someone who has had a bad experience and is looking for support is quite different from someone badmouthing an entire group. I'm not sure, it's hard to tell if you mean to do that.

And we Aspie women are not as homogeneous as this makes us seem. Nor are NT women homogeneous.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2015, 12:02 pm

wilburforce wrote:
whatamess wrote:
By the way, I used to hang out with my boss who was a male and he used to laugh and say that anytime we went out together, girls would come and give him their number or smile at him, etc. but when he went out alone, it hardly ever happened. My husband also says the same thing...that while he didn't have a wedding ring, most women didn't pay attention to him but once he had a wedding ring, they were all super sweet to him and hitting on him. I have seen in the last few years a few of what I thought were my girlfriends (obviously not), make completely inappropriate comments to my husband right in front of my face. Some are constantly telling him how nice he is, telling me how lucky I am and one even dared ask him to go to a concert with her because she didn't want to go alone. That last one I thought was a young girl, i.e. about 15 years younger than us and we were friends with her parents...that didn't stop her.

From what I have talked with my husband and many of my male friends, most men if their friend has a girlfriend, is married, etc. they respect their friend and their wife (no, not saying some men don't actually look at their friend's wives/girlfriends, etc...) but that they do NOT bother or would consider starting anything with them...on the other hand, I have seen TIME AND TIME again some girls who have absolutely no problem dating their girlfriend's husband and if they like the guy, the friendship is irrelevant to them.

I think because of this women are even MORE cruel to AS women, because they are indeed always in a competition with women and of course, as AS women, we are easier targets to bully, etc.

I hope you're not trying to suggest that men don't try to hit on women in relationships, that only women do that to men, because I'm pretty sure that both men and women do that and that both men and women cheat on their partners, as well. This thread is getting off track--I don't think these were the kinds of things the OP had in mind when she started this thread. I could be wrong, however, as she hasn't commented in a while.

I am not suggesting that it doesn't happen at all, I am telling you my experience and what I have seen happen constantly throughout my life. By the way, my post was not related to cheating, my post was related to women putting down other women in order to be picked by men, etc...very different. I am also not saying that ALL NT women are like this, however, yes, this is my experience and I have seen it over and over again. I am not saying that only women do this, I am saying that in my experience this is what I have seen constantly. The reason I stated this is because the OP talked about how she feels in groups of women only and to me, a lot of what happens in the group is directly related to the need of NT women to compete against each other to be the prettiest one, the most desirable, etc. I do not see that in groups of AS women. It seems to me that you are attempting to tell AS women that their experience is not true, that it's in their minds, that they are making this up and are just as bad as NT women if not worse. I'm sorry, no, this is our experience. If you haven't experienced this, that does not mean the rest of us haven't.

Read up a bit...

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/in ... ompetition

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2015, 12:55 pm

Quote:
I am not suggesting that it doesn't happen at all, I am telling you my experience and what I have seen happen constantly throughout my life. By the way, my post was not related to cheating, my post was related to women putting down other women in order to be picked by men, etc...very different. I am also not saying that ALL NT women are like this, however, yes, this is my experience and I have seen it over and over again. I am not saying that only women do this, I am saying that in my experience this is what I have seen constantly. The reason I stated this is because the OP talked about how she feels in groups of women only and to me, a lot of what happens in the group is directly related to the need of NT women to compete against each other to be the prettiest one, the most desirable, etc. I do not see that in groups of AS women. It seems to me that you are attempting to tell AS women that their experience is not true, that it's in their minds, that they are making this up and are just as bad as NT women if not worse. I'm sorry, no, this is our experience. If you haven't experienced this, that does not mean the rest of us haven't.

Read up a bit...

You see that whatamess? You see how they put you on the defensive and make you repeat time over time how you don't mean all women or all NT women or all ... X, Y...? You see how your post is being totally misinterpreted, how it's taking out of the context, or projecting stuff into your post that you didn't mean or say, all to put you in a negative light?

That exactly, what many guys go through (by women replying them) on L&D when they express their frustration about their experiences with women.

My my...finally...

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2015, 2:01 pm

Boo I don't get it. You complain when women say anything is difficult about dealing with women. But you go on about how it's difficult to deal with women. You seem to say women should never complain about women, but men should? And to be asking why is it misogynist if men do it and not if women do it (though it can be).

Because people with less power often put one another down and it's considered problematic for a dominant group to do the same. So you are provoking people by saying the dominant group (men) are putting the often victimized group (women) down. That's not to say men are never victimized, but this endless insistence it's ok men put women down because sometimes women do won't change that generally, no, it isn't.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2015, 3:28 pm

whatamess wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
whatamess wrote:
By the way, I used to hang out with my boss who was a male and he used to laugh and say that anytime we went out together, girls would come and give him their number or smile at him, etc. but when he went out alone, it hardly ever happened. My husband also says the same thing...that while he didn't have a wedding ring, most women didn't pay attention to him but once he had a wedding ring, they were all super sweet to him and hitting on him. I have seen in the last few years a few of what I thought were my girlfriends (obviously not), make completely inappropriate comments to my husband right in front of my face. Some are constantly telling him how nice he is, telling me how lucky I am and one even dared ask him to go to a concert with her because she didn't want to go alone. That last one I thought was a young girl, i.e. about 15 years younger than us and we were friends with her parents...that didn't stop her.

From what I have talked with my husband and many of my male friends, most men if their friend has a girlfriend, is married, etc. they respect their friend and their wife (no, not saying some men don't actually look at their friend's wives/girlfriends, etc...) but that they do NOT bother or would consider starting anything with them...on the other hand, I have seen TIME AND TIME again some girls who have absolutely no problem dating their girlfriend's husband and if they like the guy, the friendship is irrelevant to them.

I think because of this women are even MORE cruel to AS women, because they are indeed always in a competition with women and of course, as AS women, we are easier targets to bully, etc.

I hope you're not trying to suggest that men don't try to hit on women in relationships, that only women do that to men, because I'm pretty sure that both men and women do that and that both men and women cheat on their partners, as well. This thread is getting off track--I don't think these were the kinds of things the OP had in mind when she started this thread. I could be wrong, however, as she hasn't commented in a while.

Read up a bit...

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/in ... ompetition

After an "article" they published recently about hiring people with autism and how that's a bad idea, I don't think Psychology Today could be considered a legitimate citing source here.

http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=259081

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2015, 3:49 pm

Quote:
Boo I don't get it. You complain when women say anything is difficult about dealing with women. But you go on about how it's difficult to deal with women. You seem to say women should never complain about women, but men should? And to be asking why is it misogynist if men do it and not if women do it (though it can be).

Because people with less power often put one another down and it's considered problematic for a dominant group to do the same. So you are provoking people by saying the dominant group (men) are putting the often victimized group (women) down. That's not to say men are never victimized, but this endless insistence it's ok men put women down because sometimes women do won't change that generally, no, it isn't

No, no, it's not like that at all.

My point was: let everyone complain; as long they are within the forum rules.

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2015, 4:08 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:

Because people with less power often put one another down and it's considered problematic for a dominant group to do the same. So you are provoking people by saying the dominant group (men) are putting the often victimized group (women) down. That's not to say men are never victimized, but this endless insistence it's ok men put women down because sometimes women do won't change that generally, no, it isn't

No, no, it's not like that at all.

My point was: let everyone complain; as long they are within the forum rules.

So is complaining and being able to complain your goal? I just am trying to understand.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2015, 4:44 pm

Waterfall, let me give you some history on WP: Almost every time a guy on L&D vents about his experiences with women (often dating-wise) - a bunch of women pop up in the thread (like how I am popping up here) and start to lecture him how whining is not attractive, and start to accuse him of women-bashing, misogyny...etc especially if he ever forgets to put the 'most'... like how some female users did here when they were talking about women, but even the use of the 'most' didn't change much. This had been happening for so long.

It's the same how you did to me now :lol: - you said :

[quote]Because people with less power often put one another down and it's considered problematic for a dominant group to do the same. So you are provoking people by saying the dominant group (men) are putting the often victimized group (women) down. That's not to say men are never victimized, but this endless insistence it's ok men put women down because sometimes women do won't change that generally, no, it isn't.
[quote]

in other term, you have just accused me of promoting the idea that "men should put women while women are forbidden to do so." - something which I never said and it was totally put in my mouth - bu it's a fine example how it was often happening on L&D.

So.... as long no they are not promoting some hate speech, can you (ladies of WP) let the straight guys complain freely about dating and about their personal experiences with the women they know, please? Without jumping down their throats ....like every time?

I mean, look at this thread, everyone is letting you to express your frustration with women in general - and no one is jumping down your throat (well, except me, but I did that to make a point); and I am sure same would happen in in a thread about your experiences with men in general, and I wouldn't jump down your throat, I know well I am not associated with the men you personally knew and would complain about.

I am leaving this thread, I hope I made my point clear this time.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2015, 4:59 pm

I think you have used the wrong people to make your point... and I am wondering if the OP is a plant.
The ones who were welcoming of male perspectives in the women's section, are to generalise, not the women you have had issues with.
Yet we are the female members that you are holding up as an example, posting links to this thread all over WP, introducing it as women bashing, the one thread you could find where women spoke up about a common issue and you shut the conversation down, to make your point and equate a genuine issue with the glut of insulting all women are posts.... Boo you need to learn how to be gentlemanly towards female issues.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2015, 5:27 pm

The OP is a plant? or plan? are you accusing her of something?

No, she is not me.

Stop with your conspiracy theories.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2015, 5:33 pm

Amity wrote:
I think you have used the wrong people to make your point... and I am wondering if the OP is a plant.
The ones who were welcoming of male perspectives in the women's section, are to generalise, not the women you have had issues with.
Yet we are the female members that you are holding up as an example, posting links to this thread all over WP, introducing it as women bashing, the one thread you could find where women spoke up about a common issue and you shut the conversation down, to make your point and equate a genuine issue with the glut of insulting all women are posts.... Boo you need to learn how to be gentlemanly towards female issues.

Interesting theory--it could explain why she hasn't been back to the thread in a while.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2015, 5:57 pm

:lol: You are funny.

Not every new user has to get hooked to the forum, that's so normal. Some people come to
post something and go.

And her english level is certainly native. - so please.

You can always ask the mods for IP checks.

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2015, 6:26 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Waterfall, let me give you some history on WP: Almost every time a guy on L&D vents about his experiences with women (often dating-wise) - a bunch of women pop up in the thread (like how I am popping up here) and start to lecture him how whining is not attractive, and start to accuse him of women-bashing, misogyny...etc especially if he ever forgets to put the 'most'... like how some female users did here when they were talking about women, but even the use of the 'most' didn't change much. This had been happening for so long.

It's the same how you did to me now :lol: - you said :

Quote:
Because people with less power often put one another down and it's considered problematic for a dominant group to do the same. So you are provoking people by saying the dominant group (men) are putting the often victimized group (women) down. That's not to say men are never victimized, but this endless insistence it's ok men put women down because sometimes women do won't change that generally, no, it isn't.
Quote:

in other term, you have just accused me of promoting the idea that "men should put women while women are forbidden to do so." - something which I never said and it was totally put in my mouth - bu it's a fine example how it was often happen on L&D.

So.... as long no they are not promoting some hate speech, can you (ladies of WP) let the straight guys complain freely about dating and about their personal experiences with the women they know, please? Without jumping down their throats ....like every time?

I mean, look at this thread, everyone is letting you to express your frustration with women in general - and no one is jumping down your throat (well, except me, but I did that to make a point); and I am sure same would happen in in a thread about your experiences with men in general, and I wouldn't jump down your throat, I know well I am not associated with the men you personally knew and would complain about.

I am leaving this thread, I hope I made my point clear this time.

I was confusing how I wrote but you seem to have understood what I meant. Thank you. But I do think you put women down, you are saying not, but that's how I feel when I read your posts is confused whether you are trying to provoke people or putting me and other women down.

I agreed with something Kraftie said. Then I wrote this.
Waterfalls wrote:
Returning to the original subject, there is no perfect safety but I am trying to not focus so much on who is difficult as it drags me down. I always had an easier time with men when I was growing up, less confusing, but no gender has the monopoly on being difficult or unpleasant. More recently I've actually found men can be pretty confusing and play power games. Trying to not think too much about it is the best I can do.

It didn't seem to me like I was expressing much frustration with women. I feel frustrated with people really, though would not want to do without them as there is much to appreciate. And enjoy even.

After that post, I have just been trying to understand why every time anyone posts in the women's forum you turn the topic from what the person is asking about to how women are impossible. And, if I understand correctly, you are answering me that it's because you feel women are unfriendly enough to men in L&D that it's fair, you're entitled because you want to be left alone to complain bout women in L&D.

But even aside from the issue that the posters are probably different, as Amity pointed out, you're talking to the wrong people: is this actually helping you? If you believe it is wrong when women do what you say happens in L&D (and I don't doubt you but try to stay out) then I do not understand why you would do this to anyone else? You know it won't change anyone's behavior for the better. So why derail every thread in women's forum? How does that help?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2015, 12:55 am

^
Most of the derail is coming from explaining myself to you - so let's drop this subject now.

/bye.