Chronic Diarrhoea? (NO MEN TO READ NOR TO RESPOND)

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Jan 2008, 4:31 pm

nzfiona,
if you still have no appetite it may be a good idea to listen to that. Even if are losing weight. If have no appetite it might be because your body needs recovery time still.

I agree about avoiding fats. And the gluten and dairy foods. And egg is often allergenic too.

One approach is to only eat raw food, because when raw the natural enzymes in the food can actually help digestion. Eat little amounts of fresh raw foods. Pears, sweet juicy carrot, a few sunflower seeds, pecan nuts, lettuce ( there's some sort of soothing thing in it), cabbage juice, ( I kid you not; it's supposed to be super good for gut healing, and actually tastes surprisingly nice, especially when ill !) , carrot juice, lightly stewed/microwaved apple ( the pectin in apple is good/reparatory for irritated digestion), celery, almonds.

And chew heaps. Chew as if each mouthful was a meal.

A gut infection, especially followed/treated by antibiotics can literally trigger, or uncover, food intolerances. The best thing is to take it very very slowly, and listen to your body.If you aren't hungry don't eat, just make sure avoid dehydration, with very very weak mixtures of fruit juice and water, and very lightly salted vegetable juices.

Sometimes after severe gut infection and antibiotics need to replace gut bacteria to restore full digestive capacity. Takes time. Health food shops may have some supplements for that.

Lots of luck. o

8)

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 3:09 am

Having chronic diarrhoea would be my worst nightmare so I can see this would be horrible. I'm told that eating small amounts of grated apple or mashed banana are good for diarrhoea. It's certainly wise to avoid any fatty foods for a while and only reintroduce them gradually.

Nervous diarrhoea is very common and I'd say more likely for us to have as we are generally in a state of chronic low level anxiety with flare-ups of more severe anxiety.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

Comet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 9:42 am

Whats wrong with male input ?

Its nothing that personal i dont think....

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 9:45 am

I don't know but guess it's because diarrhoea is a rather embarrassing subject, particularly if somebody has an accident because of it. Somebody told me NzFiona has left the forum because she was upset and this is a shame :(

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

Comet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 9:57 am

It is ashame but not alot anyone can do about it unfortunatly its a natural thing i dont think its embarrasing it was to do witht he wording of the womens forum it came across as something its truly not,

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 10:01 am

Kids are particularly cruel. The teacher wouldn't let me go to the toilet and I had a slight accident and for years the boys teased me. That's why I am paranoid about going anywhere that doesn't have a toilet.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

03 Jan 2008, 9:36 pm

Comet, if you have more questions, please bring them here and respect the OP's request in this thread.

sojournertruth
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jan 2008, 3:42 am

KimJ wrote:
BTW, I'm a woman. If that wasn't clear before.

sojournertruth, when I was underweight, eating in smaller amounts and eating traditional 'diet food" actually caused me to gain weight. I wasn't anorexic, just hard to keep stuff down. When my parents were on weight watchers, they had a lot of fresh, lean foods in small portions. They steamed veggies and ate a lot of rice. I gained weight on it because my body didn't reject it.

Just to reassure that cutting out foods doesn't necessarily mean "less nutrition" or calories.

maybe the way to go, then, is to go back to that diet until your system has stabilized, and then introduce other foods one by one.

Zincubus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 4:57 pm

Somebody just wrote :-

"Whats wrong with male input ?

Its nothing that personal I dont think...." Agreed ! !

This is a forum not a WEBCAM and we are all trying to be helpful and sensitive !
I think it is slightly rude to keep going on about MALE input when we are trying to help .

Nobody has made a joke or aything ! !?

We as aspies expect others to be tlerant of us and yet we can't even be tolerant to each other .

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Jan 2008, 7:00 pm

Maybe she made that request because she feared that the men might be insensitive and keep going on about it despite repeated requests that they not contribute. ( I lost count after the third request.)

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 7:24 pm

Soy milk and also aspirin are very uh firming. You can also buy stuff from the chemist.

MomofTom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 8:01 pm

Have the doctors run a test for C-diff? It requires a fresh sample. Sorry if it is TMI. :wink:

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2008, 4:26 am

C-Diff is very common in people who've been treated with antibiotics in hospital, especially strong antibiotics. It's one of the clostridium variants.

Slippery elm powder is supposed to be good for upset tummies; also peppermint tea.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon