Page 5 of 12 [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2009, 12:35 pm

Catwoman wrote:
I usually have the opposite problem...constantly thinking about sex, until I started taking SSRIs/SNRIs a couple of years ago.

The drive is revved up if I meet someone who is interested in me. If there are no prospects, then I just get used to not having any and lose interest.

I am also extremely cautious of any sexual involvement; becoming physically intimate with someone intensifies my desire for emotional intimacy as well. If the latter is not reciprocated, then I feel very depressed and disappointed. Not something I want in my life right now.

Catwoman

DITTO!!

cassandra
Raven
Raven

06 Feb 2009, 3:01 am

When I was younger I used to have a normal sex drive, but since taking the contraceptive pill, it has reduced that to virtually nothing :(

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 5:34 pm

cassandra wrote:
When I was younger I used to have a normal sex drive, but since taking the contraceptive pill, it has reduced that to virtually nothing :(

Oh yes, the pill will do that! I always say that that´s why the pill works so well as a contraception method. :lol:

I finally went off the pill, for that, and other reasons.

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2009, 11:42 pm

I don't take the pill. I use condoms.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2009, 12:16 am

The pill has a lower failure rate than condoms, though.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2009, 11:18 am

Definitely disagree with original poster. We're all different. I've been blessed, even to the extent of certain SSRI's actually enhancing the experience.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2009, 12:03 pm

It has been my experience that both men and women with AS (and/or unusual personalities on the NT spectrum) have much higher sex drive than 'regular' people. I've thought this was a good thing but have noticed several threads where it seems to be less desireable for some. I think the enhanced libido is not the result of AS but rather a general feeling of independence and individuality that 'free' thinkers often have.

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2009, 1:05 pm

I think it's easier for women with AS who are socially incompetent or doesn't desire sex or a relationship, they aren't automatically regarded and/or rumored to be gay or pedophiles like many men with AS are.

zee
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2009, 1:54 pm

garyww wrote:
It has been my experience that both men and women with AS (and/or unusual personalities on the NT spectrum) have much higher sex drive than 'regular' people. I've thought this was a good thing but have noticed several threads where it seems to be less desireable for some. I think the enhanced libido is not the result of AS but rather a general feeling of independence and individuality that 'free' thinkers often have.

Is it possible that these people may just seem to have a greater need for sex because they are more likely to be rejected as lovers?

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2009, 2:04 pm

No I don't think so as it's usually the opposite and they get rejected less or at least handle rejection much better since by and large they have a deeper understanding of themselves forced upon them by their condition (self studiers if there is a such a thing).
Even in the regular world I don't think to many people are rejected due to sexuality but other factors of their personalities but making it a sexual excuse makes it easier for the party that's doing the dumping.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2009, 2:04 pm

No I don't think so as it's usually the opposite and they get rejected less or at least handle rejection much better since by and large they have a deeper understanding of themselves forced upon them by their condition (self studiers if there is a such a thing).
Even in the regular world I don't think to many people are rejected due to sexuality but other factors of their personalities but making it a sexual excuse makes it easier for the party that's doing the dumping.

cassandra
Raven
Raven

08 Feb 2009, 10:21 am

To be honest. I would rather sit down with a tasty slice of pizza and the new series of Battlestar galactica any day. Sex is dull :P

Anonymous27
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Feb 2009, 3:38 pm

Quote:
Every human being desires to have sex.

That's not true, around 1% of the population is asexual and some people who are normally sexual have medical issues that inhibit sexual desire.

Quote:
After all, it's our only goal as a species...to procreate.

There is no objective "goal" to evolution. Humans exist because our parents and ancestors mated, that doesn't mean they were "supposed" to mate in order to continue the species.

-I haven't read the rest of the thread

zee
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 6:08 pm

cassandra wrote:
To be honest. I would rather sit down with a tasty slice of pizza and the new series of Battlestar galactica any day. Sex is dull :P

I agree with you, I don't like sex either, even when I think I'm in love.

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 6:21 pm

Sex is awesome! I want to get married so I can have it all the time. It's wicked :twisted: I love it. I just want to be with some one I am comfortable with and can trust, other wise it can mess you up.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 6:47 pm

BellaDonna wrote:
Sex is awesome! I want to get married so I can have it all the time. It's wicked :twisted: I love it. I just want to be with some one I am comfortable with and can trust, other wise it can mess you up.

Ugh, then don't get married. I found out the hard way that marriage does NOT equal sex. :cry: