Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

starlighter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Aug 2008, 9:33 am

Do you tend to act crazy whenever there's a cute guy? Although I'm not a teenager anymore, I still can't keep my head thinking very clearly when a cute boy shows up in front of me. Sometimes I want to be more realistic and say' hey, the looks is not all what matters' and behave more 'adult', but then I feel 'happy' and get so excited when I see cute guy I like that suddenly him is what only matters around, .. I daydream a lot, and although quite often he feels the same way for me, sometimes it might be only an 'illusion' I build up in my head, and maybe he would feel something for me also, but often not in the same proportion I care for him. Is a case of love without expecting to get something back as a reward. I don't think this is bad at all, but maybe sometimes you get a little 'physically' exhausted, you know? Would you follow the desires of your 'heart', or try to change yourself a little more and try to be more 'realistic'? For my part I used to listen to my heart often, and I think I got some kind of intuition or sixth sense in this matters, but ... is that reliable? :)

Last edited by starlighter on 02 Aug 2008, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alex
Developer
Developer

02 Aug 2008, 12:24 pm

Intuion is usually pretty accurate

MADDuck
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2008, 4:03 pm

Heck yeah!!

Well, just flip the gender, please.

When I see a cute girl, I find myself smiling, and trying to suck my gut in. It's funny

A pretty smile will win my heart any day, a good mind will keep it.
:D ;) :) :lol:

MintLemonade
Raven
Raven

02 Aug 2008, 5:09 pm

I'm the same way, I kind of melt inside and then I need a reality check.

MADDuck
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2008, 5:50 pm

MintLemonade wrote:
I'm the same way, I kind of melt inside and then I need a reality check.

with me, I suddenly remember I'm fat, old, and socially awkward!

damn reality!! !

kitty2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Aug 2008, 6:49 pm

I have no idea what intuition means, no idea of a 6th sense, doesn't make sense at all to me. When I see a cute guy or woman! that I really like I just say it, when I have the guts, if I don't have the guts I let it go and focus on something else, a tree or whatever (something completely diffrenet and not human) and get over it quite quickly too. If I have the guts I say 'okay I said I think you are cute and I like you, but can I run away now?' You get a yes or a no or an I like you but.. and then you still can run away. I dunno I just say.
I need things to get out of my system, otherwise it comes out another way, most likely a lot worse and not very well timed.
And I am late 30s....

Lurv
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Aug 2008, 3:44 pm

I don't think I go crazy if I see a cute guy. I do get a bit "oh, he's cute D:" but I don't think I have any chance anyway, so I try to ignore it.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2008, 4:06 pm

Yes, just today I saw some guys out working on the road construction and couldn't keep my eyes off till about a couple noticed.

I get embarassed when that happens and don't know why... :oops:

I see men do it to women all the time so it's a strange notion everytime I think about it.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2008, 6:14 pm

They are biological instincts for breeding. If you mate with an attractive person then your off spring will inherit those characteristics and thus they will be more for successfull at breeding. That is why you feel attracted to better looking people.

That is why people have an emotional connection with how they look and treat other people differently for how they look, etc.. It's all one big evolutionary competition.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2008, 6:30 pm

^Wow you're starting to sound like someone I know.... :?

Anyway I agree just as long as they don't become embittered in this notion since the evolutionary term is kind of a loose term for the complicated minds of Man. :lol:

I don't all together agree with the Alpha Male because I've been attracted to what is sometimes deemed "unattractive" in our "culture."

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2008, 7:24 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
^Wow you're starting to sound like someone I know.... :?

Anyway I agree just as long as they don't become embittered in this notion since the evolutionary term is kind of a loose term for the complicated minds of Man. :lol:

LPP :D He has taught me well. 8) It's how it is, no point in getting embittered. You are better off looking past your instincts if you can, that's what I've done and that's what I will always try to do. That way you will treat other people better and you will feel better about yourself. (MR_BOGAN wisdom!!)

MissConstrue wrote:
I don't all together agree with the Alpha Male because I've been attracted to what is sometimes deemed "unattractive" in our "culture."

Interesting what you said. See you do agree with it.

traveller011212
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Aug 2008, 9:06 pm

MR_BOGAN wrote:
LPP Very Happy He has taught me well. Cool It's how it is, no point in getting embittered. You are better off looking past your instincts if you can, that's what I've done and that's what I will always try to do. That way you will treat other people better and you will feel better about yourself. (MR_BOGAN wisdom!!)

Personally I try to think for myself.

Though there is a great biological imperative I think that you are oversimplifying it. Our past interactions and experiences greatly affect what we look for in a mate. Science has proven that symmetric equals attractive, but as for personality and what image that individual has is more determined by your mother or father than instinct. As humans our bodies and minds have long memories. If it was our instincts to look past we would never be able to even consider looking past them. What we need to do is unlearn our past lessons (or at least the bad ones).

MissConstrue wrote:

Haven't we all (alpha female or male).