Do you feel some male Doctors are being perverts

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Samara
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2008, 12:33 am

Have you ever had check ups and been fingered by male doctors and it feel like they are being sleezy or the other way, like I remember when I was 15 there was this young hot doctor and I thought he was so sexy and the check up turned me on.

So I just see a female doctor. Does other women have this problem?

Last edited by Samara on 28 Nov 2008, 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 12:51 am

When I lived in the Atlanta area back around 1998 to 2000. I was working for a male doctor helping with customer service (check-in and transcription). His policy was always to have a female chaperone in the room whenever he was examining a female patient to protect himself against accusations of sexual misconduct.

Kismet
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Nov 2008, 2:50 am

I actually much prefer male doctors, even for physical examinations. Perhaps it's just my experiences but they seem to speak to me much more directly and I get less paranoid about what they're thinking. I really hate being assigned a female and if I don't feel comfortable with her on the first visit I'll usually ask to change the next time (I seem to get assigned females more often even if there are more male ones in the practice).

Usually male doctors seem to bring in a female nurse to assist when they are examining me down there though.

Kismet

Samara
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2008, 4:00 am

It's never been my experience that they bring a female in.
Once I even had two male doctors for examination. I didnt have to spread my legs or anything though but other times Ive had to. Must be different over here.

Kismet
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Nov 2008, 5:49 am

Where is "over here"?

I am in the UK and I think that it might be a policy each doctor comes up with for themselves. Maybe some are worried about getting a bad reputation or think a girl can't relax properly unless they feel safe..? Not sure.

Kismet

Anemone
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 11:32 am

When I got a pap smear from a male doctor in a student health clinic at university, he had a nurse in the room with him during the procedure. And he hassled me about birth control (I was with someone at the time).

Then I went with female doctors, and in some ways they were a lot better. My last one talked me into pap smears again (I'd had some bad experiences) - she gave me a sedative and used a pediatric speculum, and that helped. But she hassled me about getting talk therapy - as if that was going to do any good.

Now I'm with a male doctor. He doesn't have someone come in to chaperone when he does pap smears. But he's not creepy. And he doesn't hassle me about therapy. But he's going to hassle me about my iron levels on Monday, as if I could afford to do anything different.

The only time I felt creeped out by a male doctor was when I was in my early teens and I was still going to the pediatrician (I was the oldest). After that our family switched to a husband and wife doctor team down the road from where we lived.

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 1:22 pm

My family doctor back at home is male, but since I began to get pap-tests, I got a female doctor, it was nothing against the male doctor because he is really nice, but I felt more comfortable discussing female issues and tests with another woman.

outlier
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 6:10 pm

Samara wrote:
Have you ever had check ups and been fingered by male doctors and it feel like they are being sleezy or the other way, like I remember when I was 15 there was this young hot doctor and I thought he was so sexy and the check up turned me on.

No, not that I've noticed. I don't get turned on by check-ups, but that's true for nearly all forms of physical contact anyway, even when I am attracted to the person.

I'd find it too weird to have intimate exams from my regular doctor 'cause he is too familiar, so consult an alternative doc.

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 10:56 am

I actually much prefer to see a male doctor. Female doctors seem to get intrusive and patronizing. I saw one once who told me off because I wasn't wearing a bra (don't wear them; uncomfortable) - it was nothing whatsover to do with what I'd gone to a doctor for!

I also feel more at ease talking to men in general.

I don't feel any more embarrassed being examined by a man than I would a woman. I have wondered if because I'm very asexual myself, a part of my brain is assuming that everyone's like me, therefore it just doesn't occur to me that a male doctor could actually be touching more than he should/etc. Somebody would have to go quite far, I think, before I'd realize he had ulterior intentions.