Diapers 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Pads 79%  79%  [ 38 ]
Other 19%  19%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 48

Lurv
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Nov 2008, 12:45 pm

I think my mom calls them diapers too. I really hate it when she does that.

Saara
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Nov 2008, 4:35 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
sartresue wrote:
Padding around topic

If a woman has urination problems after menopause she should get this evaluated by a professional. This is not normal.

I am glad my "meno" has "paused" for good. 39 years of bleeding monthly (except for pregnancies) was enough! :evil:

when a woman has had a child, there develops a little U in the urethra, a couple of drops to a couple of teaspoons of urine can collect in this U and when using muscles to cough, laugh or sneeze, or simply standing up the U becomes a J and out squirts the urine. Pads (or napkins, as I was taught to call it) are handy for this occurrance.

I have been dealing with this before menopause, I just happen to be post menopausal when I am mentioning it to the board. I am not going in for surgery to correct this, and millions of other women are not either. Not everyone has the luxury of 'being evaluated by a professional' you know.

Merle

Have you tried exercising your vaginal muscles? I know a couple of women about your age who've had similar problems but this has helped them a lot, because it also strengthens the muscles that keep bladder, urethra etc under your control

It can also improve sex life

26 Nov 2008, 10:03 pm

Lurv wrote:
I think my mom calls them diapers too. I really hate it when she does that.

Why?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

27 Nov 2008, 3:28 pm

riverotter wrote:
Usually I call them "girl supplies." That's what gets written on the shopping list.
:lol:

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

27 Nov 2008, 8:04 pm

I stopped wearing pads for the sole reason they felt like I was wearing nappies (diapers). So I use tampons. They're a lot cleaner and less messy and obtrusive, IMO.

capriwim
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Dec 2008, 4:25 pm

They're called 'sanitary towels' in the UK. But then diapers are called 'nappies' here - so we use neither of those expressions. But I've heard quite a few people say that they find sanitary towels like nappies, so they use tampons instead. Myself included. Tampons are far simpler.

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2008, 10:31 pm

Tampons only, I can't stand the "wet sponge" feel of a pad. And the bulk is annoying too.

release_the_bats
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 12:00 am

I call them blood-soakers! :twisted:

And I call my period blood-letting season! :twisted:

BTW, I can't stand tampons. It only took 10 minutes of wearing one to figure that out. Pads (blood-soakers) don't feel so comfortable either, so I only wear them when absolutely necessary.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 1:02 pm

:eew: