I have music and schemes looping in my mind constantly?

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

aspiewhostandsalone
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Jul 2008, 9:27 pm

well ive got Alice in Chain's song "again" stuck in my head and its been there for hours and the only way to get it out is to listen to it. this also applies to all the other songs that get stuck, usually theyre all on my mp3 player

HeyT
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jul 2008, 9:47 pm

I always have part of one song or another looping in the background. Most often it's jingles/theme songs from when I was younger. (Like the Connect Four commercial, The Sesame Street "12" song, Pinwheel theme song, Christmas songs, etc.) I just sort of have to deal with one until another replaces it.

GuyTypingOnComputer
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jul 2008, 2:24 am

I always have a song stuck in my head ... with some ancillary songs that pop up in various situations depending on my internal dialogue.

I often notice that the song is playing in my mind, and then I will go back to concentrating on something else. A minute or so later, I notice that the song is still going and that I am now on a later part of the song. I have always wondered if my mind has been playing the song the whole time or whether my mind just skips ahead in the song when I think about it later.

nekowafer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jul 2008, 2:59 am

I pretty much always have something playing in my head.. it kind of sucks 'cause it gets repetitive, I either don't remember the rest of the song or there's a specific part that I concentrate on for some reason. It makes it difficult to sleep, which is why I usually have to have the TV on. It wasn't so bad when I worked in a place that played good music, I would just hear other stuff all day and then listen to my ipod on the way home. But now I'm home all the time and I can't always listen to music to drown out whatever's in my head.

kitty2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jul 2008, 3:02 am

Yep also have songs stuck in my mind. I tend to transform every song into a Dutch 'slager song' and I don't even like Dutch 'slager songs'... :roll:

HeyT
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jul 2008, 3:29 am

I hate when it's just one line or two at a time over and over again.

Roseduelist
Raven
Raven

24 Jul 2008, 10:11 am

I have Kuwaitia Sakebai stuck in my head from last night...and this one time when someone was arrested for trying to rob a jewelry store( btw he couldnt even step out of the store without being tackled) I was trying to figure out the right way to succesfully rob it

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 3:44 pm

Audioworm topic

I have always liked the music in my head. It is crystal clear and as good as the Bose sound system. With this ability I can tune out Muzak. :)

Since the invention of earphones, MP3 players and Ipods, I have wondered if the inventors/engineers were also Aspies who have had ear worms!

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 3:48 pm

I always have a song going on in my head. Right now it's Gouge Away by The Pixies.

Frosty
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jul 2008, 5:56 pm

I just love getting like 5 or 6 NIN or Led Zeppelin songs spinning in my head, even when not listening to music, which is rare as I try to listen to Rock n Roll all the time!

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 5:59 pm

I also get songs stuck in my head all the time! As far as analyzing goes...I mull things over & over to the Nth degree! Sometimes, it's because I am looking for an answer...other times, it's just obsessing.