How far down do you hold a pen/pencil?

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

DanteRF
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Aug 2008, 9:59 am

tomboy4good wrote:
I tend to do that too! My grip is so tight that I have a callus on my finger from all the years of pressure. Also, I prefer pencils to pens (easier to correct my mistakes that way).

Exactly, even when I used those soft grips I still got it. I write much better in pencil than pen.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 3:49 pm

Get a grip topic

I always hold a pencil just where the cone meets the shaft part. I used to hold it lower but the point would break too often. When I was a kid we were not allowed to sharpen our pencils more than once a day while in class. I do not remember owning a personal sharpener.

I hold the pen the same way, just above the cone. ====>

Hard to draw a pen with equal signs and a sideway V. :lol:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

irikarah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Aug 2008, 4:14 pm

Just to clarify, is this a common thing among people with AS? I've always had a death grip on my pencil (I also have a nice callus!) and hold it pretty close to the tip, but always figured it was just some quirky habit I picked up.

Transcention
Raven
Raven

28 Aug 2008, 12:07 am

I'v completely given up on handwriting altogether, I rarely touch a pen.

My wife handles anything that requires me to touch a pen.

The only time I touch a pen is when I am editing my own writing about the nature of Existence, or if I have to sign my signature somewhere. Even then, I feel like topping myself every time I touch a pen. It's agonizing.

I can touchtype like a total freak though.

Last edited by Transcention on 28 Aug 2008, 1:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 12:10 am

Nature of existence? Could you expand on that, by PM to me, or post elsewhere on this board? I'd like to hear something real about this.

Transcention
Raven
Raven

28 Aug 2008, 12:13 am

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt74903.html

Sure thing bud.

I am completely fixated on the whole nature of Existence.

My mind is absolutely bound to objectivity, scientific process, skepticism and also keeping as completely an open mind as it's possible to humanly attain.

I think I am starting to get a handle on such thinking, but you be the judge. One cannot objectively, be objective about one's own objectivity if you'll pardon the pun.

True objectivity is quite a terribly viscious cycle.

Consider the above link I'v freely given to you by my own free will. It is already out of date and techniqually obsolete, through the constant editing I'v given it, in my own personal documents.

Still, it's a good example of my work. It's work I'v already quite intensely edited and improved for monthes and monthes on end even in the period that you have requested the information.

Transcention Universia.

AKA - SaToriBluE.

Last edited by Transcention on 28 Aug 2008, 1:34 am, edited 4 times in total.

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 12:17 am

Hey thanks. I was about to delete that post, as I figured I might have put you on the spot, glad I didn't.

Transcention
Raven
Raven

28 Aug 2008, 12:40 am

I need to always be considered in relation to everything I'v written, the best thing to do is use the search engine and see what I have written on the forums as a whole, but hey, you know, do whatever floats your boat.

As a small warning, always check to see if I have edited my writing on these forums. Refresh the page every now and then check the post. I edit almost obsessively I read what I have written and edit it compulsively even if I havn't run it through an online work processor to check if the grammer and spelling correction is done.

I am completely reliant on technology.

I use the Internet dictionaries and thesausus to correct and edit my own work

I use a hard drive, instead of relying on my broken human brain.

A high functioning sufferer of any kind of cognitive/neurological disorder can do worse than to supplement themselves through the prodigous use of technology. I'll be first in line when they invent technology that augments the human brain should I survive until such a time.

It takes a lot of self medication to get to the point where I can actually come here on this forum and post anything at all.

I am incomprehensibily empathic, the pressure I feel when I post here is almost to much for me to bear.

I'v only posted here in the last two weeks and this is the second week I have posted here and I vowed last week I would never even come back here and check to see what people have replyed to me in my posts.

If I'm self medicated enough I can actually handle looking at this forum and see if anyone has posted anything constructive about what I say.

Treasure what I have posted on these forums. It is incalcuably invaluable beyond mere human monetary value. This is not an egotistical statement, I don't care about me, I don't even factor into the value of the work. All that matters is the writing itself. I would gladly give my Life so that people appreciate the value of the writing itself. I'v been labled, quite insultingly with narcissistic personality disorder, which is a joke of the most highest of order. I don't care if I die. I only care that my writing exists. I would give my own Life to know that people appreciate what I have written.

And I am giving it to you for free.

I am giving it to you for free because of my despair at the fact that my own eyes may be the ones that have to see what I write.

I am both totally enraptured by my writing, and completely absorbed by the words that I write, I am also equally terrifyied by crippling anxiety by the words that I write.

Enjoy it. I don't know when I will dissappear from these forums due to the extremity of my neurological/cognitive disorder and you will never hear from me again.

If I get enough positive responses I may stick around. My experiences with forums however, does not bode well to my continued Existence here.

If there is enough trolling in relation to what I post I will walk away and disappear, guarenteed.

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 1:26 am

P'raps you should consider blogging mate. For me, it's a way to be more personal, yet open, without the pressures and troubles of replying to a thread directly. It's freedom to me, and the people who read them will most likely appreciate them, as they are actually sought out.

Also, there is no need to troll on a blog, as a person actually has to choose to read, and respond. If responded to in a negative way, that comment can be deleted. A built in control mechanism.

In anycase, I hope you do enjoy your time here, sharing ideas is a "release" point for me, sometimes the act of typing makes me aware of what's "really" going on. I don't mean this as a sort of "therapy" or "helping mechanism" of any sort, but in a way that the thoughts moving from brain to fingers to screen makes things "clear" for me sometimes. Everyone's different, and I happen to not relate to a great many here, so you might have a different take on it.

Alrighty then, I've typed enough today, it be someone else's turn! :)
G'night, happy thinking, happy writing. I've not the capacity at the moment to digest some of the earlier posts you've written, I'll wait till I've a fresh brain to process with. :P

Transcention
Raven
Raven

28 Aug 2008, 2:07 am

It's cool man, take your time. Puruse my writings at your leisure.

They are here in the forums, for now, to stay. Take your time. My writing is best read in your own good time.

Trust me, when I say if you work out what I have to say, you'll feel better about everything.

That's if, you can relate to what it is, I am trying to teach.

There is an army of people out there, especially on the net who would like nothing better then to troll everything I say, which is a shame, but is also the way the net works. Enjoy what I write, what I give you, is for free.

8)