[Volume III] You might be an aspie if...

Page 6 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

lou1978
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Sep 2008, 8:05 am

oooh ooh you get annoyed that someone else is parked in your favorite parking space at the mall

24 Sep 2008, 8:54 am

You're an aspie if....

People say things just to be nice but they aren't true what they have said and you find that annoying. Why can't people just be honest with each other?

You get annoyed when someone doesn't answer your question

You get annoyed when someone won't give you a logical reason

FernMayo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Sep 2008, 6:35 pm

You might be an aspie..

...if you get into an argument with your boyfriend because he won't give you a logical reason why he wouldn't be interested in a hypothetical fart bag ;)

25 Sep 2008, 7:33 pm

FernMayo wrote:
You might be an aspie..

...if you get into an argument with your boyfriend because he won't give you a logical reason why he wouldn't be interested in a hypothetical fart bag ;)

LOL.

You're an aspie if.....

Your family has a family dinner for the holiday with your relatives and all you do is sit at the table and eat your food and leave to do your own thing while the rest socialize.

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 8:06 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
Your family has a family dinner for the holiday with your relatives and all you do is sit at the table and eat your food and leave to do your own thing while the rest socialize.

You know me? :wink:

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 11:10 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
FernMayo wrote:
You might be an aspie..

LOL.

You're an aspie if.....

that sounds like every family holiday I have ever had.

Merle

Zamone
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Sep 2008, 5:44 am

...You think of these constantly with your HFA friend, but then can't remember even one when you come to post in the YMBAAI thread.

...It feels like Christmas when your mother buys flat-pack furniture, because you know she will ask you to put it together

...You asked HFA-friend-mentioned-above's mother to call you if they have any flat-pack furniture that needs assembling, and then state the advantages of purchasing flat-pack furniture in hopes they will then buy it.

...You can list and describe every medication taken by every member in your family, when it should be taken, and in what quantities.

...You seem to be the only one in the school that is endlessly frustrated by groups of people who seem to think it would be a good idea to stop and stand in the doorway to talk, blocking everyone's path.

...You become completely delusional if you spend too much time reading or playing video games, thinking the bad guys of [insert storyline name here] are chasing after you, and though you know it's not really happening, you still feel anxious.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 8:47 am

YMBAAI

. . . if you follow people you might like to know more about and you realize you are looking for their 'profile' button.

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 4:15 pm

...if you never rode your bike until college, because [Let's face it!] you never really were a "go to guy" and never hung out with neighbors, etc. as a kiddo.

RubieRoze
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Sep 2008, 6:28 pm

. . . someone once mentioned in casual conversation that the ideal serving of almonds is 23 - so now every time you eat almonds, you count them . . . 1 . . . 2. . . . 3. . .

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 7:18 pm

.... partner (apparently) gives a 'kids are not home lets have some nookie' look, response ' what the bloody hell was that look for, what have I done this time'. Funny now we know about the aspergers but at the time.............

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 7:30 pm

..... if the sound of people eating popcorn and slurping coke is so distracting that you find it difficult to go to the movies...................

.... at a rock concert you tell the person next to you to stop singing along because you came to hear the band not him

...... chirstmas dinner is performed with head down, mouth open and knife and fork going at top speed so that you can get away as soon as possible

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 8:59 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:

...... chirstmas dinner is performed with head down, mouth open and knife and fork going at top speed so that you can get away as soon as possible

....if you've ever had a meltown experience at the kid's table as a kid, then put on time out TWICE, then the food got really cold and disgusting (green veggies, i'd rather be in timeout the whole bloody Christmas night thank you and not be pestered by anybody!)