Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Computerwizkid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jul 2010, 11:10 pm

ok this one might not be related but i was wondering h ow may of you here have gotten grey hairs before age 23 as i am 21 and i in the past year have noticed not only do i have pure white hairs in some various spots like facial hair but my head hair is dulling into a grey color now its bad enough i see it for sure when i am in the mirror and i think other people notice it to especially now kinda why i am wondering who else here has had that hard of a life especially the changes of becoming 18 and up

LordoftheMonkeys
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 11:25 pm

Does stress really cause grey hairs? I thought that was just a joke. I think it's genetic.

violetchild
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jul 2010, 11:36 pm

I got my first grey hairs at only 19 yrs of age so while still a teen I'd started going grey. I did have a lot of stress but I notice that stress dont really seem to give others grey hairs.

In my case it dont seem to be genetic as no one else in my family has got grey hair while young. I myself think it must be caused by something abnormal going on with my body eg have i got some kind of unknown vitamin issue or something causing it.

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 12:01 am

had grey hair at 15 =/

now i kinda like it, wouldn't mind being all grey at 30

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 12:05 am

Computerwizkid wrote:
ok this one might not be related but i was wondering h ow may of you here have gotten grey hairs before age 23 as i am 21 and i in the past year have noticed not only do i have pure white hairs in some various spots like facial hair but my head hair is dulling into a grey color now its bad enough i see it for sure when i am in the mirror and i think other people notice it to especially now kinda why i am wondering who else here has had that hard of a life especially the changes of becoming 18 and up

at least you still have hair on your head. i knew somebody in the army who went bald before the age of 21. at least with your hair, you can tint it back to its old color which is a lot better than wearing a rug.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 12:44 am

Grey hair isn't always a bad thing. I've met a lot of people who were prematurely grey and if anything, especially if they were young men, it made them more appealing to girls because girls in their early 20's typically prefer older men. So it gave the illusion of them being more distinguished in a good way.

Deidara
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jul 2010, 1:07 am

I have had occassional gray hairs since I was 18 or so.

My mom's hair colour disappeared completely when she was 17. Not grey, but entirely colourless.

salzbrezeln
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jul 2010, 1:21 am

i'm going bald at 23! At least you can dye grey hair!

Deidara
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jul 2010, 1:24 am

salzbrezeln wrote:
i'm going bald at 23! At least you can dye grey hair!

Don't fret! Balding is a sign of manliness.

salzbrezeln
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jul 2010, 1:28 am

Quote:

I WANT TO BELIEVE

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 2:00 am

salzbrezeln wrote:
Quote:

I WANT TO BELIEVE

My husband is going bald on top and he's 27. People call him a 'manly man' all the time.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 2:01 am

Going grey is genetic. From the age you start, to the color of grey you get.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 4:52 am

I remember like two times when I was 4 and my godmother pulled my single grey hairs she saw on my head out. One summer, when I was 22 (or maybe 23 but probably 22), my mother and me went for a walk and when we were sitting on a bench because we got tired, she saw a single grey hair on my head and pulled it out. Since that time I pulled out about 7-8 hairs (or probably less) like that.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 5:02 am

LordoftheMonkeys wrote:
Does stress really cause grey hairs?

It does, thought it indeed is mostly a matter of the genes you have, but I wonder how much truth is in all those stories about people who turned grey in a VERY short time due to the stress they were exposed to. Once I saw on "Conversations in Progress" with Ewa Drzyzga (our poor man's Oprah 8) ) an episode entitled "I turned grey at one night" which told the stories of the people who experienced various tragedies. I didn't watch the episode in fact, I just heard the title and I am wondering if it was just a metaphor or whether their hair did turn white afterwards.

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 7:28 am

Early grey hair is genetic in my family (father's "side," but I haven't got it yet. It appears that, at least for the other traits my hair has, I inherited the genes from my mother. I don't care one way or the other, as hair isn't something I really care about, until it gets irritating.

I wonder if I will start going grey though. Most people think I have other "problems" to worry about.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 9:31 am

Mine started around 18-19 years old but my mum always seems to get worried so she gets the scissors and cuts where ever she sees the grey parts of my hair.