Page 203 of 291 [ 4650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206 ... 291  Next

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 3:45 am

Nim wrote:
I got here late?

You know your an aspie when you can't win a conversation due to the things you would say being beyond their immediate comprehension.

this times infinity.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 4:02 am

.....when you have organised all your textbooks into a logical order such as the Dewey system (and when you have enough textbooks in your bedroom to do that)

RazorEddie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 6:14 am

... your very first memory is of one of your special interests.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 7:48 am

... when you get a sense of a rule being broken and a need to proclaim, 'Foul!'.

The kids in my daughter's school have been given £1 each to invest in an entrepreneurial enterprise and return profits to the school. My daughter bought a velvet art poster, spent a while colouring it in and sold it for £3. She put in a lot of effort and I'd say it was worth the £2 profit. She will buy another 3 posters, colour them in and sell them for a total of £9. My friend told me that her son had made £50, by buying packs of chocolates and selling them individually. But, as is the case with multipacks, the label states that they are not to be sold separately. I haven't told her that she has broken the law, yet. I imagine many of the kids will have done this, but I doubt the school will say anything. After all, it's a money making scheme for the school funds. But, I will tell them that they need to be teaching morals and the laws of the land, as well as business acumen. :twisted:

Alvin31
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Mar 2012, 11:30 am

When i was 18 years old.when i fail to make a relationship with any friends for many times.when i had frustated make a relationship with everybody else except my parents

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 11:55 am

sink instead of swim

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 11:56 am

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
... when you get a sense of a rule being broken and a need to proclaim, 'Foul!'.

:D Nevermind that some of the rules are your own arbitrary whims...

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 12:01 pm

RazorEddie wrote:
... your very first memory is of one of your special interests.

Yep!

You know you're an aspie when your first real conversation with your boss you've worked with for over a year is when he finally asks something about your special interest.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

CanisMajor
Toucan
Toucan

14 Mar 2012, 8:53 am

You know you're an aspie when...

...people always know what to get you as a gift without having to ask. (Ex: Books, books about your obsession, reference books, a subscription to a magazine like Nat. Geo. or Scientific American, etc.)

...the only thing you like about the mall is the beautiful fountain in the middle (or the shiny decorations at Christmas time.)

...you hate flea markets, used car lots, and other places that tend to use haggling because you're bad at convincing people and know you're probably going to get ripped off.

...people tend to think of you as "random" because you'll point out sudden things around you that others don't tend to notice, or because a previous topic has gone down a "thought chain" in your mind to the point that the next thing you say seems unrelated to what you were just talking about.

...you have more friends online than in real life, simply because it's easier for you to communicate through text than through speech.

...regardless of the line above, if you tell anyone that, they tend to think you're a loser. :?

...you often encounter words that you know how to spell, define, and conjugate... and yet you have no idea how it's pronounced because you've never heard somebody say it out loud before.

...you warn people that if they try to tickle you, you cannot be held responsible for any injuries that result from it. (I swear, my legs kick from reflex. I can't control it. :oops: )

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 9:05 am

CanisMajor wrote:
...you often encounter words that you know how to spell, define, and conjugate... and yet you have no idea how it's pronounced because you've never heard somebody say it out loud before.

Ha! Curse of the self-educated.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 9:30 am

... someone you lives with invites people over and does not tell you in advance. Of course, you spaz out, then they get mad at you for spazzing out at them.

And then they continue to invite people over without giving you notice for the next consecutive 3 days and they wonder why you spaz out every time and why the spaz's get worse every time!

xkandakex
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Mar 2012, 10:55 am

When your co-workers call you "Walking Wikipedia" because they can ask you a random question about practically anything and you can explain it!

When you laugh out loud at a story someone is telling you, at an odd moment, because the movie in your head of what they're describing just looks hilarious!

When you say something that sounds totally normal in your head, but when it comes out of your mouth, nobody gets it and you're not sure why!

When you feel the need to explain the complex systems of (insert interest of the moment here) to all your family and friends because it's just so fascinating -- well, at least it is to you!

CanisMajor
Toucan
Toucan

14 Mar 2012, 11:40 am

xkandakex wrote:
When your co-workers call you "Walking Wikipedia" because they can ask you a random question about practically anything and you can explain it!

...Or when you're called a "walking dictionary" because you can spell and define any word they throw at you!

xkandakex wrote:
When you laugh out loud at a story someone is telling you, at an odd moment, because the movie in your head of what they're describing just looks hilarious!

Oh man, and then when you go to describe why you're laughing so hard, everyone gives you a weird look. (But you're too amused to care anyway. It's just sad they miss out!)

xkandakex wrote:
When you feel the need to explain the complex systems of (insert interest of the moment here) to all your family and friends because it's just so fascinating -- well, at least it is to you!

I used to work in a garden center, and so I was researching a bunch of local plants. I learned that Spanish Moss is part of the Bromeliad family (as are pineapples!) I was so amazed that I told one of my bosses about it... He gave me a look that actually made me feel embarrassed. "Umm... Cool?" he responded. My face must've been red after that, but what? It was fascinating to me! This weird moss-like plant is related to those funky flowers, is related to pineapples? That's incredible! But anyways...

goodwitchy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 12:57 pm

You know you're an Aspie when...

- you don't answer your own cell phone even though you know the person who is calling you.

- on the weekend, you get online in the morning, and suddenly it's already nighttime.

- you get scared when someone knocks on your front door.

- your cats seem to understand you better than any person in your life.

- you can eat instant Ramen Noodles everyday and it doesn't bother you.

- you don't care if there are holes in your clothes if you can get away with wearing them.

- you cut your own hair.

I got a good laugh reading this thread. 8)

Autism Spectrum quotient: 41, Empathy Quotient: 19

vvvbirds
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Mar 2012, 2:28 pm

ok i'm not technically diagnosed, i mean clinically diagnosed with
aspergers, but i think i have it, plus my half sister has it...
so i'm not a good joker person, sometimes i am, ok,
....you know you're an aspie when.....(harsh punchline came to mind,
don't wanna say it)....
........when (thinking seriously now).....(this is why im not a good joker)...
but maybe i can say something that is relatable to someone......
(this is a pretty long set up) <-- that was funny to me, as this is getting
dragged on, OKAY......is this aspie behavior??
ummm.....
when you get your clothes out of the dryer and you
have a lot of lint and dust on your clothes cuz you don't
clean that screen thing often and now your clothes,
especially your black ones have dust on them and you
don't have a lint roller so you feel embarassed but what
are you gunna do you like those clothes so you wear them
anyway and pick stuff off of you all day : )
ok i made myself laugh at least, not lol but smile :)

vvvbirds
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Mar 2012, 2:30 pm

CanisMajor wrote:
This weird moss-like plant is related to those funky flowers, is related to pineapples? That's incredible! But anyways...

that is incredible!