Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

OlivG
Raven
Raven

29 Aug 2012, 1:59 am

I'm usually very good with animals because we think visually like them, unlike the NTs who think verbally.

However, when I visited my friend, I noticed his dog that had these goggly eyes and looked ret*d. I thought it was kinda annoying and projected a hostile mood towards it even though I didn't show it noticeably (or so I thought). After a while, the dog growled at me and my friend stated that it never had growled at anyone else.

Can dogs sense the hostility?

benr3600
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Aug 2012, 2:12 am

Yes, but hostility =/= disrespect. Dogs can sense a lot of things, but I don't think disrespect is one of them. Disrespect can be hostile, but hostility is not necessarily disrespect. I actually wondered if aspies are better off with dogs/cats than your average NT but my belief is that we often don't have the moral anxiety of most because our actions are based on logic and not emotion and that dogs can sense the result of this and gravitate towards those that they know would never hurt them for ridiculous reasons, much less hurt them maliciously.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 2:36 am

Yeah they certainly can sense hostility...I don't know about disrespect specifically though.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 3:11 am

We think visually like them but not verbally? I actually don't know what that means.

OlivG
Raven
Raven

29 Aug 2012, 4:36 am

redrobin62 wrote:
We think visually like them but not verbally? I actually don't know what that means.

NTs use a verbal symbol and associations system that desensitizes the brain and prevents sensory issues in addition to breaking everything up into a simple form, while we don't have it and instead see and think about everything as it is unfiltered.

This is probably also why only a few animals (or Autistics) are not disturbed by excessive stimulation.