Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

kirayng
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2012, 8:40 am

And if you do, what is your position and do you like it?

I'm a chef by training but haven't moved up just moved out of most positions because of not being able to handle the constantly changing environment (not the work aspect, the changing of employees, some jobs I'd work with a new person every day of the week).

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2012, 11:53 am

I do. I am a pizza delivery driver. It pays well and lets me drive all day, so it could be worse. However, I do want to move on to something better with more stable pay and normal hours, so I am working on going back to college at the beginning of next year.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2012, 12:01 pm

I've had a job as a pots-and-pans washer at a school cafeteria. As far as jobs go, I enjoyed it more than most. It's a dirty, smelly job, but it only lasted four hours a day, three days a week, and I was able to recover from the overload afterwards. What I liked about it was that when I first entered the job, it was completely disorganized and the pots-and-pans station was often busy until ten at night. So I had the opportunity to actually re-design the job procedure. When I left, the other pots-and-pans people were using my design, and they were getting out before nine o'clock most days. If I had to work, I think I'd pick custodial over dishwashing, but it was honest work and somewhat satisfying. I just couldn't do it full-time. I'd flip out before the end of a month.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2012, 9:14 pm

I worked at a Mongolian grill restaurant a few years back. IT WAS HELL. The "buffet" area where you get all the ingredients for the cook, was wall to wall people at lunch time, mostly hoity-toity businesspeople who could afford $12 lunches every day. One day I had an autistic meltdown after I accidentally put the refill for the hoisin sauce in the teriyaki sauce and I had to quit.

Adamd
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Sep 2012, 11:24 pm

I own a small brewpub we do pizza keep it simple. I know odd career choice for aspie. Got into it because of the brewing. Its done wonders for my social skilles. I have learned to higher the right employes. Older 28 youngest one and they have other professional jobs.
I has a no drama rule anyone that continually cause my anxiety to be high, I fire.

Camo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Sep 2012, 9:53 am

I manage a sports ground and that has a bar and kitchen all of which are under my control. I have changed pretty much every aspect of it all in my 5+ years running it, it makes more money, is run efficiently and recently gained the maximum rating for hygiene :)
I like being in charge and making the rules, everyone has fun as long as my rules are followed !
I kind of stumbled into the job as I followed an outdoor groundsman / gardener type career but always felt I could do a better jon than my managers and always went for promotions to challenge myself, I am undiagnosed as an Aspie and may not be, I just thought I was socially awkward and should push myself to acheive !
I am waiting on my first appointment with professional types...

Stu