Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Cannot be determined due to excessive knowledge of momentum

15 Sep 2012, 10:57 pm

Sanctus wrote:
Sextaesada wrote:
it constantly plays songs I don't want to listen to though! oh god not again its playing gangnam style on an endless loop T.T

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey sexy lady

op op op op op
Oppan Gangnam Style! 8)
I'm learning that dance right now for a flash mob event in October.

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2012, 11:24 pm

Kindertotenlieder79
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Sep 2012, 12:01 am

I shut if off from time to time, but right now Brahm's 2nd piano concerto is playing.

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 12:47 am

Not 24/7 but when a song or phrase gets stuck in my head it stays there for a very long time.

Truth be told I have had the Pokemon theme running through my head on a daily basis for the last three weeks. It's there because I had been watching several videos of Husky the Starcraft II announcer fellow playing the original Pokemon game.

This makes me think of something. I've never asked anyone this before, never spoken about it even with my tdoc or pdoc: Something I have done for as long as I can remember, is to repeat a string of made up words over and over throughout the day. The words don't mean anything and they change over time. Mostly they're a collection of syllables I like the sound of mixed together. Sometimes I use them as expletives (quietly), sometimes I say them to calm myself down. Sometimes they are just stuck in my head like a line from a movie. Does anyone else do this? :?:

Circle989898
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 1:11 am

Yes and at first it was annoying, now I kinda try to enjoy it

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 7:38 am

lostgirl1986 wrote:
Yes, I do. I usually have a song playing in my head constantly all day or even television theme songs. Right now I have the Full House opening theme song in my head right now. Annoying? Yes, Why is it playing in my head? Don't ask me why. Actually I think it triggered just by me reading the words Full House online.

Thanks a lot! That crap is contagious, Ive got it stuck in my head now too.

younginflavor18
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Sep 2012, 7:53 am

I do have a radio inside my head 24/7 and it nags me when it plays songs that I tend to dislike, though it'll play songs that I have already listen and loved.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 8:00 am

YES!

I really like orchestral songs getting stuck in my head because I can kind-of examine the different layers of instruments as I listen... I can even rearrange their parts in my head to see how it sounds with different arrangements... I'm not very good at writing music though so it's usually a flop. lol!

It gets annoying at times when it's a theme song from a TV show though. My friends sometimes bait me to sing along by starting a song off then I'm the last one left singing because I can somehow remember words to theme songs I heard when I was 4. They all get a good laugh... but then I'm left with it replaying for days afterward.

J87
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Sep 2012, 1:12 pm

Yes there is a song in my head as soon as I wake up.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 3:02 pm

Yes, but I try to keep busy with literally everything I can in order to get rid of it, it's super annoying, it always starts literally as soon as I wake up, and it's always a song that I can't stand hearing half the time. But I know one thing, listening to music that I find enjoyable does help a little.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 3:16 pm

I have ear worms all the time and it's annoying as hell.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 3:44 pm

lostgirl1986 wrote:
Yes, I do. I usually have a song playing in my head constantly all day or even television theme songs. Right now I have the Full House opening theme song in my head right now. Annoying? Yes, Why is it playing in my head? Don't ask me why. Actually I think it triggered just by me reading the words Full House online.

Me too. By the way, now I have the Full House theme in my head, too. And I was having so much fun with Led Zeppelin's All My Love... :x

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

Tamsin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Sep 2012, 5:17 pm

Yup.

LordExiron
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Sep 2012, 5:29 pm

Yes. When I was a kid, I actually used to call it Kevin Radio. It's better than listening to he real world sometimes. I like to whistle along, though, which gets on people's nerves.

TonyHoyle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Sep 2012, 5:40 pm

I sometimes dance to my internal radio.. that definitely gets funny looks :D

lady_katie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 6:04 pm

Yes, 24/7. When I don't have a current song stuck in my head, it defaults to classical music, which is really weird because I never listen to it. It's actually really annoying to me because I don't even particularly like classical music, and one of my stims is that I tap my teeth to whatever song is playing in my head at the moment...and half the time I'm tapping right along with the classical music!