Page 43 of 45 [ 715 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 12:37 am

I guess this counts: I got into an incredibly pedantic debate with a coworker today that culminated in whether "hypothetically" or "theoretically" was the appropriate word to use in a particular context.

Quote:
Got caught quoting my favourite lines from TV shows to myself the other day. I walked into a room muttering something from Criminal Minds unaware that my mom was in there. She then stated the obvious: "You're talking to yourself again" and I corrected her stating that in fact I wasn't talking to myself, rather, repeating somebody else's lines. I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm crazy.

This sort of thing happens to me all the time.

kt69
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jan 2013, 3:15 pm

Spending a lot of time reading all 47 pages of this topic. :lol:

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 8:54 pm

I spent a good 20 minutes obsessing over some minor inconsistency I spotted in something at work. Drives me nuts.

Neonhusky
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jan 2013, 10:35 pm

So, I was outside for recess playing a form of kickball. If you catch the ball, your team gets a point :D so, the ball came right at me, and because of my poor motor skills, I couldn't react fast enough to catch it :( then this older kid shouted "it came right at you! How could you not catch that!?!?" I felt really embarrassed, and started crying..

I believe this was in 4th grade, so it's not very recent, but I wanted to share it anyways :D

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

28 Jan 2013, 10:50 pm

A certain photo thread...

luminaeus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2013, 3:38 pm

I've been obsessively researching AS the last few days; I'm pretty sure that I have it.

Less recent AS moment: my wife was upset because she didn't get hired after a job interview, and then more upset at my complete lack of empathy. I get that she was disappointed and disheartened, but the expectation that I'll feel bad because she feels bad seems a bit unrealistic.

So yeah, moments like that are why I believe I have AS.

windtreeman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jan 2013, 3:47 pm

I was out with two friends I'd known in high school last night and because we spend most of the time in some sort of intellectual debate or conversation, they often pause momentarily in an attempt to express what they're trying to say in the most perfect way possible, I guess...every time they briefly pause to think, I can't help but attempt to complete their thought for them, whether it's simply the right word or consenting to agree with what they were going to imply but it ALWAYS ends up that I'd misinterpreted their point.

Andicel
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Jan 2013, 5:11 pm

Last noticeable one was around Christmas.. Got a lot of nice stuff and I was really happy,but my parents and sister called me spoiled and asked why I wasn't happy..

Also said some really inappropriate things in conversations.. Including raping and threatening to kill someone (don't worry, would never actually do this)...

CDSherwood
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Jan 2013, 6:03 pm

I am a stickler for spelling. I have nixed daycare arrangements for my children if the forms on the website are spelled incorrectly, I have refused to shop on sites that are rife with errors, and I just decided against enrolling my boys in a local track club that admonishes parents to not let their children have "Milk prducts" on the morning of a meet so they can do their best in a "competative" atmosphere. It's not the food advice I resent. I really feel I shouldn't trust advice from someone (whose first language is English, that is) who can't spell.

P.S. I felt rewarded when I drove by a school and saw that they had spelled "Prompt" as "promt" on their billboard. I was very polite when I called to inform them, and it was changed the next day.

Neonhusky
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jan 2013, 9:44 pm

Me and my mom had just came home from the store, and I had a new toy, so I was running inside to play with it when I realized I had to help my mom with the bags. I was about to go help when My mom said "fine, you don't have to help." So i didn't. Apparently, she was being sarcastic because she came inside with the bags and said "I was joking"

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 3:02 pm

Just had a major metldown after big changes at work were announced. I haven't had one like this in a long time.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 7:21 am

Three this week:-

1. I turned down a free offer at McDonald's, when I found out that most people would intend to take the free offer

2. I posted a picture of myself half nude on Facebook, now I feel like an overconfident whore

3. I pestered an acquatence of mine at the worst possible time (she was feeling really stressed about something at the time, and although I could tell she was stressed, I didn't want to walk away because I don't get much chance to talk to her)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 10:29 am

1 this week:-

On my way to work I was walking up to a car that was parked on the pavement, and a girl had the door open, blocking the way. I kind of slowed down to stop, and the girl saw me and shut the car door then walked to the back of the car to let me through. I kind of smiled at her, but because I felt annoyed and also a bit lost in my own thoughts, I forgot to say ''thank you'', and as I walked past I heard her mutter ''you're welcome!'' I could tell that was meant to be sarcastic, so all day I kept feeling a bit guilty for not saying thank you. What is wrong with me?! :oops:

Triple__B
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Feb 2013, 10:48 am

Now. My piano music playing once again, reading endless WP threads once again, enjoying the solitude before my wife wakes and walks down the stairs once again. And all the while getting really aggravated by the repeated bombs being exploded on a nearby military range. I have been in the military now for 13 years and I still cannot get used to aircraft and bomb noises, they make me angry. :(

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 29 of 200
Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles. ~ Charles Chaplin

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 9:07 pm

Mine happened this afternoon when I was making a small pizza for lunch in the oven, and my stepmother had cooked a quiche in the oven last week that gave the inside of the oven a funny smell. Somehow, when the oven was heated up, the heat combined with the smell would trigger the smoke alarm to go off even if the oven door was opened only for a minute. My stepmom kept opening the oven to see where the smell was coming from, and so the smoke alarm kept getting set off. The smoke alarm, mind you, was only a few feet away, and the beeping sounded and felt REALLY LOUD to me. I kept having to trudge over to the smoke alarm and wave a towel under to shut it off, since neither my stepmom or my father were (I've learned that when my sensory issues get touched off, the only person I can depend on is myself) and about the 5th time this happened, I asked, annoyed, "Can we PLEASE take the batteries out of that thing already??" Of course the answer was "no," the way it was when I still lived at home most of the time and the seemingly constant ringing of the phone bothered me and I asked if we could disconnect that, too.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

RichardJ
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 10:06 pm

LtlPinkCoupe wrote:
Mine happened this afternoon when I was making a small pizza for lunch in the oven, and my stepmother had cooked a quiche in the oven last week that gave the inside of the oven a funny smell. Somehow, when the oven was heated up, the heat combined with the smell would trigger the smoke alarm to go off even if the oven door was opened only for a minute. My stepmom kept opening the oven to see where the smell was coming from, and so the smoke alarm kept getting set off. The smoke alarm, mind you, was only a few feet away, and the beeping sounded and felt REALLY LOUD to me. I kept having to trudge over to the smoke alarm and wave a towel under to shut it off, since neither my stepmom or my father were (I've learned that when my sensory issues get touched off, the only person I can depend on is myself) and about the 5th time this happened, I asked, annoyed, "Can we PLEASE take the batteries out of that thing already??" Of course the answer was "no," the way it was when I still lived at home most of the time and the seemingly constant ringing of the phone bothered me and I asked if we could disconnect that, too.

This is why my family never put fire alarms in the kitchen. We put them in adjacent rooms.