Does anyone love non sexual affection?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2013, 10:22 am

I love hugs and kisses from people that I am very close to like my husband or my brother but I don't really like sexual affection so much. That feels awkward to me and uncomfortable and sometimes even a little scary even though I know that my husband would never ever do anything to hurt me or scare me on purpose. But I love it when my husband gives me non sexual kisses. I love the affection my older brother gives me as well. He hugs me a lot and I love it because it is like the kind of reassuring and pure affection that you would give to a little kid like to your child. That kind of affection makes me feel safe in a little kid sort of way and for some reason feeling that kind of safety is very important to me.

I know a lot of you are sensitive to touch and I can be as well but to certain types of touch or sensations on my skin like if someone breathes on me. I can't stand that. Or if I touch certain textures I get very sensitive. And I know a lot of you are not comfortable with physical contact but I am wondering if anyone else loves certain types of physical contact and affection as well especially non sexual affection and contact.

ChristinaTheHobbit
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Jul 2013, 10:58 am

I'm still young, so I can't speak much to this. I enjoy hugs, as long as they are brief, and I like to hold hands. I cannot stand being kissed, I hate it. I also don't like having people lean on me, no heads on my shoulder or in my lap, it makes me very tense. The few forms of sexual affection I have been exposed to thus far I have hated, the set my nerves on edge and make me want to go rock in a corner.

AAA- The androgynous and asexual autist

thunderstorms
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jul 2013, 11:10 am

I do :D. I was always a rather clingy kid in this regard but I learned to stop that behavior as I grew up. It's something I've always missed since. To me it feels really personal and not necessarily something I am comfortable having with a friend (unless they initiate it and its just small gestures like a pat on the shoulder or whatever). It's more of a relationship thing but I've never been in a relationship so I don't know what thats like. I am (possibly?) asexual so finding into a relationship seems rather hard. At the same time I have a desire for the non-sexual parts of a relationship, like physical affection or just being close to someone. So is tough.

HopefulFlower
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jul 2013, 11:14 am

Sexual affection is fine with me... depending on the situation.

Anyways affection-depends. Here's my list...

Kissing-Yes
Hugging-No
Cuddling-Yes
Head leaning-No
Arm wrap around-No
Hand holding-Yes
Hair stroking-Yes

savvyidentity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jul 2013, 1:06 pm

I was raised in the way that you hug and kiss women on the cheek when you see them (family members and maybe extends to family friends), and I do that sometimes with people (women) I feel endeared to, though some prefer the whole air kissing thing (which feels awkward to me). Also sometimes say "babe" (rarely) to a friend but that's to do with the kindof common sub culture I was raised in.

greyjay

23 Jul 2013, 1:10 pm

I love hard hugs and cuddling, so I prefer non-sexual affection. Only from people I am really close to though. It's not that I don't like sex, but I have such a hard time with light touch and mouth noises that it can become very uncomfortable. Sometimes it's easier to stick with non-sexual affection than set up more complicated boundaries. Cuddling while reading to one another has got to be my favorite thing.

HopefulFlower
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jul 2013, 1:16 pm

greyjay wrote:
but I have such a hard time with light touch and mouth noises

I have to agree with you completely there. Especially light touch. When people lightly touchy me I get mad because it makes me scared and uncomfortable.

WARTORIOUS
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jul 2013, 1:36 pm

Personally I feel it's a shame that; either people are lovers or friends without much in between. I've heard in edwardian times it was normal for friends to share a bed and even cuddle. There are reports of strait married males cuddling in bed because that's just what humans like to do.

Whilst I'm all for non-sexual contact I'm also fine with all sexual contact (within reason). There are a few things I hate; even though I'm a bit heavy some people do pick me up, and I feel slightly panicked when that happens. I also dislike unsolicited touching, tapping me on the shoulder, or patting me on the butt. I also don't like being physically close to certain people; for example when people stand too closely to my face when talking to me.

I'm generally quite needy, I love to be made to feel loved and I love touching, hugging and kissing when in a bedroom situation. I also don't really like being groaped by people who I don't know that well, but I'm sure most people feel the same way.

All Normal right? :)

SheldonGC
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jul 2013, 1:45 pm

I think as a very young child, I had like non-sexual touch, but over time that changed, I think I was probably about 10 or so when it started that I couldn't stand it. Now, a handshake is the most I can tolerate from most people, even family members, but I absolutely love affection if it's coming from a close female friend or a girlfriend when I am in a relationship. I don't know why.

Last edited by SheldonGC on 23 Jul 2013, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2013, 1:46 pm

I like the idea of it, but in truth I'm only comfortable with my immediate family touching me for any reason. I will tolerate it on rare occasions from others, but it's not pleasant. Definitely no light or unexpected touching, but I find cuddling very soothing.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2013, 3:47 pm

greyjay wrote:
I love hard hugs and cuddling, . ...Cuddling while reading to one another has got to be my favorite thing.
I love those things too and cuddling while reading together that sounds really nice.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2013, 3:49 pm

WARTORIOUS wrote:
Personally I feel it's a shame that; either people are lovers or friends without much in between. I've heard in edwardian times it was normal for friends to share a bed and even cuddle. There are reports of strait married males cuddling in bed because that's just what humans like to do.

Whilst I'm all for non-sexual contact I'm also fine with all sexual contact (within reason). There are a few things I hate; even though I'm a bit heavy some people do pick me up, and I feel slightly panicked when that happens. I also dislike unsolicited touching, tapping me on the shoulder, or patting me on the butt. I also don't like being physically close to certain people; for example when people stand too closely to my face when talking to me.

I'm generally quite needy, I love to be made to feel loved and I love touching, hugging and kissing when in a bedroom situation. I also don't really like being groaped by people who I don't know that well, but I'm sure most people feel the same way.

All Normal right? :)

I slightly panic with some sexual touches too. And I get very uncomfortable when people are too close to my face when talking to me except a very tiny handful of people that I really really trust. The groping thing would terrify but I haven't had that happen. But I understand what you are saying about feeling needy and loving to feel loved. In the bedroom I have a harder time because sex can be awkward or uncomfortable for me but I really crave deep platonic hugs from the tiny handful of people that I really trust deeply. And I like the non sexual kisses but sometimes it feels awkward too like if I don't trust the person as much or if I am not as close to them. But I don't have any issues or awkwardness or problems at all with cultural kisses and hugs like when I was in South America and people just greet each other that way.

BookPerson
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jul 2013, 5:22 pm

I like non-sexual affection (though I do like sexual affection equally), but not so much contact expressing it. I guess it depends on the context. For me, I like that kind of affection when it's something no one has to show or discusses. It's just something one can sense. There's something about this kind of affection that I like. It's not complicated and shouldn't be awkward: it just merely is. But about contact, it's all about the context Like, once this year at university, a graduating friend gave me a big hug, as he was really going to miss all of us. I liked that, but it "felt right" within the friendship context.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2013, 5:52 pm

BookPerson wrote:
I like non-sexual affection (though I do like sexual affection equally), but not so much contact expressing it. I guess it depends on the context. For me, I like that kind of affection when it's something no one has to show or discusses. It's just something one can sense. There's something about this kind of affection that I like. It's not complicated and shouldn't be awkward: it just merely is. But about contact, it's all about the context Like, once this year at university, a graduating friend gave me a big hug, as he was really going to miss all of us. I liked that, but it "felt right" within the friendship context.
I think what you say about "within the friendship context" is a very big deal. That makes a huge difference in how comfortable the experience can be.

vanhalenkurtz
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 4:08 am

I'm pretty unphysical. More so w/ age. Live on commune, the hippies are hugging just about anything that moves; they learned fast I'm not to be touched.

EQ: 6.

CheredIsTyping
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Jul 2013, 4:38 am

I used to hate touching of any kind. I love sex & the passion it gives, but now... my husband turned me into a cuddler!

I cuddle on him, play in his hair, steal his hands when they're not being used, or just poke his face, which is the only action he dislikes.

I adore when he holds me from behind & can make me feel safe. He hasn't done it in so long though. I think I shall sneak my back into his chest tonight. See how that goes. Ilove when he strokes my hair, massages my back, & holds my hand. I even love when he blows air on my cheek instead of kissin on me, but don't tell him that!!