Can someone have Asperger's and ADHD?

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

15 Nov 2011, 8:33 pm

I have both.

NZaspiegirl016
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Nov 2011, 12:32 am

I only have AS, but there are definitely some with both. A famous example: Heather Kuzmich :D Yep, she said on that first episode of ANTM, Cycle 9, that she has Asperger's and ADHD.

Last edited by NZaspiegirl016 on 16 Nov 2011, 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 12:37 am

Quote:
I have both but not paying attention because you're not interested is not ADHD. ADHD is struggling to pay attention on what interests you too with little bursts of over attention which is usually something you do to avoid doing an important task, though sometimes this can be used constructively.
Also, being so absorbed on something that you don't hear people is an autistic symptom too. People with ADHD do it too but I wouldn't say it's an exclusive symptom.

I was actually diagnosed with ADD because I had a hard time paying attention in school. Even if things didn't interest me, I still struggled to listen because I couldn't listen to all the bla bla bla and I was told that is ADD and all the talking gets me overloaded and I can't listen anymore. This did cause me a big impairment in school. I also couldn't seem to keep up what was being said. I have no idea then what this issue is part of.

rainbowunicorns03
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Dec 2014, 9:13 am

yes they can as part of my ASD\Aspergers i also have (which is a result of the autism)

SPD(sensory processing disorder)
Hyper-mobility Syndrome
ADHD
OCD
Discalculier
Dyslexia
Yes i really have all this
it might be just the motor ADHD which is what ive got which is like struggling to sit still, fiddling etc...
Hope this helped :D

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 9:42 am

Yes, it is called a comorbidity and it is incredibly common in individuals with AS. ADHD is not the only comorbidity that may occur when someone is on the spectrum but it is very common.

Opi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Dec 2014, 1:57 pm

Yep just found out along with my asd diagnosis. Damn that woman was thorough.

<----adhd-pi

24 - HSP / ADD Quiz- 41, Inattention: 24, Hyperactive/Impulsive: 17
"Odd and different is beautiful" -- Tyra Banks

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 3:09 pm

I have a lot of trouble paying attention to things I have no natural interest in, but I've never been hyperactive.

I'm not sure I believe in attention defecit disorder though. It's often diagnosed as a result of poor performance at school, but I don't see it as particularly abnormal for a child to be unable to listen carefully to random subjects for hours every day. I think some of us are just like that. And with nothing to do, a child is likely to fidget, fool around, vent their anger at being cooped up, and their anxiety at having to attempt what they just can't do.

It would be more meaningful if the person was shown to be unable to focus on things they were really interested in.