Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 11:18 am

Even though we as AS people are on the same wavelength and can relate with each other. Their are other social barriers to overcome that still may cause us difficulty in socializing with each other. The point I am trying to get across is that we sometime think that are AS is the main barrier that stands in the way of are ability to socialize, which in a way is true, but in fact. Once we clear that so-called AS social barrier amongst us. Then come the normal (NT) social barriers that we as AS people may not be aware are there, and we may just go back to blaming are AS for the social breakdown amongst us. I think as AS people. Once those AS to AS barriers are torn down. We still need to use social etiquette the same way as NT's do but because of are AS. We never learned to do social etiquette properly.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 11:32 am

sorry double post.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Apr 2015, 1:47 am

My 2nd girlfriend & my current are on the spectrum & I understood/understand & communicated/communicate with em aLOT better than NTs.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

RobsPlanet
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Apr 2015, 8:28 am

Thanks for this replies everyone! This seems to give some support for my hypothesis.

I really wish that scientists would test this somehow.

RobsPlanet
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Apr 2015, 5:11 pm

By the way -- I'd be equally as interested to hear if anyone has found, contrary to most of the above replies, that other autistic people are harder to spontaneously understand than NTs (and if so, why you think this is).