Movie Clips / Music Constantly in Your Head

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2008, 2:12 pm

Do movie/TV clips and music constantly play in your head, even when you don't want them to?
They seem to for me. Mainly TV/Movie clips. Wherever I am a clip (mainly SpongeBob) starts playing in my head. I can change the clip but it's hard to stop thinking about them. It can cause problems in school. When I think of something, a clip similar to that may suddenly play, and when I try to concentrate, a clip where a character tries to concentrate may start to play in my head.
Is this similar for other people?

SpongeBobRocksMao!

Maddkow
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Dec 2008, 3:26 pm

The episode of Family Guy where Peter and Death are going back to the events of when he first met Lois; the part where he's on the Navy ship with Quagmire, with Quagmire doing the whole "Does this look like a 'Q' to you? ... How 'bout now?" bit. It always stays in my head - even during times where I should be concerned or in serious situations. Also during some of the clips of that of the first OVA's of Samurai X. When I was younger, after seeing the first Mortal Kombat movie, I was able to remember every single scene of the movie, so I was literally able to play the movie in my head - at a faster rate though. As for music, I have Mozart's "The Marriage of Figaro" Overature, as well as his "Symphony No. 6 in F major, K.43: I. Allegro" and "Don Giovanni". When at times I begin to feel a little down or worried, I play his "Requiem". These Are forever imbedded in my mind.

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

22 Dec 2008, 3:38 pm

Ohhh. Not movies, but music gets stuck in my head, constantly.

When I went to Bumbershoot back in the summer, I saw Neko Case live, and she sang her song 'I Wish I Was The Moon'...and all through the time I was jetlagged (about a week after I got back), I was waking up in the middle of the night with that song in my head. (That's apart from the bits of the city I was seeing outlined in neon in the dark whenever I closed my eyes, but that's another story. I get weird jetlag.)

redears
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Dec 2008, 3:56 pm

I constantly have music in my head and whatever it corresponds with for me. Soundtrack music is easy, but soemtimes I get a visual about a song and that sticks with me forever. It's fun, but yes, very distracting.

irishaspie
Toucan
Toucan

22 Dec 2008, 4:05 pm

yes ALL the time,usually both at once but the movies overpower the music but its still playing in the background.

ngonz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Dec 2008, 4:07 pm

I have music running in my head all the time. Sometimes I have to turn off the radio because it 'clashes' with what's playing in my head.

I don't have movie clips, but I do have Seinfeld episodes and oneliners in the back of my mind all the time that pop to the forefront whenever there is a similar occurance in real life, just as you said.

I also "see" words. They play as if on a movie screen on the inside of my forehead. I love languages and this visualization has always made it easier for me to make associations and memorize vocabulary.

www.neurointegrity.com

Adam-Anti-Um
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2008, 4:53 pm

I definately find this happens with me. Mostly it is a certain line from a film or TV series that repetitively plays in my head over and over. I think maybe its a mechanism to occupy my mind when I am busy with remedial tasks.

"We can spend the rest of our existences stomping on the ants that are mysteriously coming out from under the refridgerator, or we can remove the spoiled food behind it which is causing the infestation to begin with." - Peter Joseph

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2008, 4:54 pm

That's how I learned to do so many voices. I keep hearing them in my head, until one day I just start mimicking them out loud. Then I work up my own scripts for them - voila! Instant radio commercial.

BastetsEye
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Dec 2008, 7:49 am

I tend to have more music in my head, Sometimes it's really nice, music I've never heard before, sometimes it's just stuff I've heard before.

I don't get movie images in my head, Although a couple of years ago I watched Men in Black 4 times in 3 weeks when it was in the cinema and afterward could repay it entirely in my head like I was watching it in the cinema, it was really cool, because then I didn't have to pay to watch it in the cinema!

Mostly now I just get random images in my head, some quite psychadelic, which I find weird as I've never done drugs.

DarthMaxeuis
Toucan
Toucan

23 Dec 2008, 8:19 am

It used to happen, when I had difficulty to sleep, there were music in my head playing, even weird jingles from advertisement, I couldn't stop it.
When my insomnia stopped, it stopped in Decrescendo....
And now, I don't have it any more.... Strange... But better :)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 10:55 am

Lately, it's a song from a movie.

It's the song "Heaven Helps the Man Fight His Fears" (or something like that) by Kenny Loggins.

It's from the movie Footloose. It's the song played after Rev. Moore finally gives the go-ahead for the school dance, and the students are organizing the dance.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 3:10 pm

Sometimes I get this stuck in my head:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFQyib5ZQZY[/youtube]

ColumbiaMizora
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Aug 2015, 12:57 pm

Some of the things I've had play in my head include some scenes and songs from Rocky Horror (mainly the bedroom scene), the NyaKB48 ending theme from Yo-Kai Watch (or any catchy song from that anime), songs from the musical From Here to Eternity, and some J-Pop and K-Pop songs.