Poor hygiene but don't care and see no reason to change

Page 2 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

hey_there
Toucan
Toucan

24 Sep 2015, 5:40 pm

teksla wrote:
I shower once a day (or sometimes once every other day). But since most deodorants don't work for more than 48 hours, you will start smelling, although, you wont notice it yourself, since you are so used to it. I think it is very unpolite to not shower (like i don't wanna sit next to someone on the bus that smells bad, or be in the same room for a long while). But no one can force you to shower. The shower doesn't have to be long, you can just be in the shower for 3 mins a day and thats enough.
But its your choice :)

Actually for the past three days I've been successful in doing it everyday (once, at night) and I've been proud of that. the showers didn't take long at all surprisingly. I actually bought a brand new shower poof the other day at walmart because the one I had looked really used and worn and I've had it for years. It's a nicer shower experience with a brand new poof. and yeah, it actually is easy. soap on puff, soap up my body, rinse. simple. (I wash my hair about every 3 days) Although I wish I could be like a normal person who automatically showers everyday because they feel dirty and smelly. However, I am mainly doing it to fit in with society. But the reason for doing it shouldn't matter right?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 5:56 pm

Hi Hey There,

I'm glad you've decided to take showers. It's cool that you did that :D

When I was a kid, I used to only shower once a week until I was 14. Then, I started smelling, so I showered more often.

Nowadays, I have to shower every day; otherwise I feel dirty. And my eyes start stinging.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 6:01 pm

hey_there wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
hey_there wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
hey_there wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:
hey_there wrote:
As they say, you can't make someone care about something they don't care about. (my parents have tried, but failed every time).

They could with me, usually by the idiosyncratic method of first letting me know how much it is in my best interest, and then making it hard, so I actually have to struggle against them to do it.

Sadly, that has never worked on me, because even if they did try to tell me why I should do it, I would argue why I feel it's not necessary. and many times when I feel something isn't necessary, my feelings are very strong and I don't do it. Shame. It would be awesome if that worked for me :(

What if your mom had told you if you didn't bath or shower and brush your hair, etc. people will think she didn't care about you and someone will come and take you and your siblings away because they thought she was a bad mother and didn't take care of her children.

It's very hard for me to answer "what if" questions unless the scenarios actually occur. Something like this obviously never would happen.

That was a tactic my mom used with me and it worked because I didn't want to be taken away. I was little and little kids are gullible and will believe anything. The boy I told you about in my post my mom banned from our home, he was eventually taken away by social services. He missed so many days of school and was always left home alone because his mom couldn't afford a baby sitter. He didn't have a medical condition that would make him miss so many days of school, he would just miss the bus because his mom left for work before him.

That worked on you? lol, yeah you sure WERE gullible!

All kids are gullible, why do you think they are so easy to manipulate? It's easy to trick a child and they even made a movie about it once showing parents how easy it is to manipulate a child. It was called Garden of the state I think starring Tom Arnold. It was a very hard role for him to play because he played a pedophile in the movie and he was actually sexually abused from ages 4-7 as a child. That is what he said on the Dr. Phil show when they discussed the movie. But he played a predator in the movie.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 6:03 pm

My mom used to threaten my brothers and me to drop us on the side of the road to get us to shape up. Then when I learned at age 11 it's illegal to abandon your kids, we started telling her 'yeah right mom, you will go to jail for child abandonment" so that tactic no longer worked.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 6:29 pm

Never had a problem with poor hygiene except for when I was a kid, I would refuse to have my hair dried by a hair dryer and sometimes I forget to brush my hair or don't bother, apart from that I keep clean. I don't always bother with hair styling or makeup but sometimes I do, depends how I feel.

My brother however doesn't bother with deodorant or hygiene but since he's a male, people say he's a typical bloke lol.

hey_there
Toucan
Toucan

24 Sep 2015, 6:56 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Hi Hey There,

I'm glad you've decided to take showers. It's cool that you did that :D

When I was a kid, I used to only shower once a week until I was 14. Then, I started smelling, so I showered more often.

Nowadays, I have to shower every day; otherwise I feel dirty. And my eyes start stinging.

I don't even know what dirty feels like lol Like I said, I don't think I smell or anything but others seem to be saying that I do and I may not be realizing it. And really, now when I think about it, a shower only takes like 5-10 minutes so I figure, why not just go ahead and do it. I never seem to feel dirty or gross or anything, but remembering how short a shower really takes, I figure I might as well.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2015, 8:20 pm

hey_there wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
hey_there wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:
hey_there wrote:
As they say, you can't make someone care about something they don't care about. (my parents have tried, but failed every time).

They could with me, usually by the idiosyncratic method of first letting me know how much it is in my best interest, and then making it hard, so I actually have to struggle against them to do it.

Sadly, that has never worked on me, because even if they did try to tell me why I should do it, I would argue why I feel it's not necessary. and many times when I feel something isn't necessary, my feelings are very strong and I don't do it. Shame. It would be awesome if that worked for me :(

It is perfectly fine to do things that aren't 'necessary' like showering....not really sure how someone wears the same underwear every day without feeling gross though. Panty liners are for when your on your period not so you never have to change your underwear. Hell if I forget to change mine even if they aren't all that dirty they still get saggy and bunched up.
I didn't say it wasn't ok to shower, I meant if I don't feel something is necessary, I won't waste time on it. and well, yeah it doesn't feel gross to me to not change underwear. it's just who I am. and by panty liners I meant those small thin ones.

Well to each their own panty liners will at least keep underwear clean from any normal wear....but I know you meant the skinny ones, they are still for that, but more as a back up I certainly don't just use panty liners on my period that would be gross lol.

hey_there
Toucan
Toucan

25 Sep 2015, 9:44 am

How normal is it though that if I did shower everyday or maybe sometimes every other day, it would be because "it only takes a few minutes", rather than because I see the need and feel dirty or gross? (which I for some reason I just don't, I can't help it). I'm way more likely to be willing to do things if they're short

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 10:30 am

sorrowfairiewhisperer wrote:
My brother however doesn't bother with deodorant or hygiene but since he's a male, people say he's a typical bloke lol.

I don't ordinarily use deodorant, either. I'm used to seeing it as a luxury, like almost everything material you don't strictly need for survival.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 10:32 am

I have to use deodorant; otherwise, I stink.

hey_there
Toucan
Toucan

25 Sep 2015, 10:39 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I have to use deodorant; otherwise, I stink.
The other day I tried a sports deodorant, even though I don't do sports or workout. I found it lasted longer.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 10:41 am

Yep...some of those deodorants last about two days or so.

hey_there
Toucan
Toucan

25 Sep 2015, 10:44 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep...some of those deodorants last about two days or so.

Well the one I have says "24 hour" on it

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 10:45 am

It depends on the person.

For some, it lasts 24 hours.

For others, it lasts 48.

For me, a 24-hour formula tends to last me 48 hours.

hey_there
Toucan
Toucan

25 Sep 2015, 10:56 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

For others, it lasts 48.

Yeah, it probably does depend.

Last edited by hey_there on 25 Sep 2015, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 11:40 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

For others, it lasts 48.

Shouldn't it be used every day?