Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

apfmtpamto
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jan 2017, 4:48 am

So, first off I want to say that for a while now I've thought that maybe I could have been misdiagnosed with Asperger's.
I have done some research, and I feel like I don't have a lot of the signs of autism. And, to check, I decided
to take two online tests (yes, I know it isn't a professional diagnoses, and I know that they can be inaccurate).
but they seem to line up with what I've been thinking. The results seem to suggest that I don't have many signs of Asperger's,
which is exactly what I thought.

Here is the first test I took:

My results:
Total score:

Language:

Social relatedness:

Sensory/motor:

Circumscribed interests:

Threshold values for suspected ASD:
Total score: 65.0

Language: 4.0

Social relatedness: 31.0

Sensory/Motor: 16.0

Circumscribed interests: 15.0

Results for the second test I took:
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 15 of 200.
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 170 of 200.
You are very likely neurotypical.

So, what could this mean? What are some other disorders I could possibly have if my theory (that I've been misdiagnosed) is correct? Thanks.

NikNak
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jan 2017, 5:06 am

What diagnostic process did you undergo and what were the reasons given for diagnosing you?

Your best port of call may be to seek a second opinion. A number of clinical conditions can have some overlapping symptoms with AS such as ADHD and social anxiety.

KatyKat_721
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jan 2017, 9:04 pm

Could you link to the tests please?

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 6:29 am

These tests are not gonna be very useful for you and here`s why

The first one is based on an empirical research to determine the threshold. What the threshold really means is that they did not have any false positive above the score of 65. But they did have autistics scoring lower than 65. The reason is that it asks for evaluation of a number of symptoms and traits that have variation in breadth. that is, if you have a high score you have more symptoms or traits. but you could still have just a couple symptoms, albeit very intense ones

The second one is the aspiequiz and the reason is similar to the above. you can still have just one or two areas of significant impairment that the test cannot determine. So you could still be autistic with a low score

forget the tests. they are a good starting point to evaluate whether someone should be considered for autism, do not help much in any other case. We have to be aware of how the test was created and what for and the limitations

so, why don`t you tell us about why you think you are not autistic