What is NT personality & how does it relate to AS?

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TPE2
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 11:23 am

katzefrau wrote:
ladyrain wrote:
The S-N Dimension
( N = abstract in thought and speech, S = concrete in thought and speech )

The P-J Dimension
( J = organized/scheduled/inflexible, P = flexible/unscheduled/disorganized )

i've never seen it explained like this. strange though, as isn't INTP kind of disproportionately high among those on the spectrum?

Yes and no. INxT are disproportionately high among those on the spectrum (and, because that, INTPs are high); but, in the context of INxTs, INTPs are disproportionately LOW among those on the spectrum, because (at least according to WP polls) there are more autistic INTJ than INTP, when it is the opposite in general population.

Quote:
i would think from the above it would be ISTJ that is the most common.

It is an interesting question, because there are zillions of articles saying that "concrete thinking" is an autistic/AS trait.

Possible explanations:

1 - Discussing in internet forums (and specially a forum about a complex concept as "autism") and/or take personality tests are "N" activities, while "S" autistics will prefer more "concrete" interests, like collecting model trains; because that, the polls at WP could be biased

2 - when people say that autistics have "concrete thinking", they are nor really saying "autistics prefer facts to ideas" (btw, it is funny how the stereotype of "concrete thinking" in autism and the stereotype of math-genius autistic could coexist...); what they are saying is "autistics prefer facts to emotions" (T vs F) or "autistics prefers questions with a definite answer to open-endend questions" (J vs. P).

TPE2
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 11:25 am

BTW, this thread is a good argument for the abandonment of the expression "NT" (because it can mean two totally different things)

metaevol
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Apr 2011, 9:39 pm

ladyrain wrote:
The biggest difference between extroverts and introverts is not in the numbers - but in the amount of noise they make! That's why it seems like there are mostly extroverts around.

LOL :lol:

i am new to the site, and seeing the NT around, i was wondering if it was referring to Myers-Briggs as well, hence my navigation to this topic.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Apr 2011, 10:42 pm

metaevol wrote:
i am new to the site, and seeing the NT around, i was wondering if it was referring to Myers-Briggs as well, hence my navigation to this topic.

I learned quite a lot sense this post & you will to if you stick around a while

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2018, 2:04 pm

Judging by other threads, INTJ & INTP are the most common personality types among people on this forum, followed by INFJ, INFP & ISTJ.

Myself, I'm INTP.

Bombalurina
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Jul 2018, 3:09 am

How do we cure NT personality disorder? It is like Narcissistic personality disorder, intentionally undiagnosed to preserve the air of perfection, making it far worse.

Send them all to another country. No electricity. Let them all commit suicide.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 12:10 pm

Bombalurina wrote:
How do we cure NT personality disorder? It is like Narcissistic personality disorder, intentionally undiagnosed to preserve the air of perfection, making it far worse.

Send them all to another country. No electricity. Let them all commit suicide.

This is my sarcastic take on the subject
I found a cures/treatments for NT syndrome

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman