Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

englishguy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Nov 2018, 5:42 pm

I keep destroying things that have been brought for me. I destroyed my new camera my mum brought me for easter. And now i destroyed my new fifa football game

I just get so angry that i haven't got a girlfriend, a good penis, it makes me destroy things

englishguy

02 Nov 2018, 6:47 pm

well

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 6:54 pm

Don’t get new things?

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 6:55 pm

You haven't got a "good penis"?

Never mind. Take that topic to the "adult" section.

Anyway...

Buy yourself a punching bag, and hang it your rec room, and just pretend you're in the ring with Hollifield and box away.

Or actually it would be better to just get a stationary exercise bike, and just rack up the miles when you get angry.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 7:01 pm

Maybe you need to seek appropriate professional help with your inability to manage anger in non-destructive ways? There are free anger management courses available which could be a starting point for you, if you want to start taking some constructive steps. Otherwise what you resist will persist and you are likely to continue to focus on your problems rather than steps to solutions.

If you want to start change today, ring helplines and ask for contacts with anger management programmes, and when you have the contact information then approach the providers and ask when they fit you into the next group they have on their schedule.

You may also need psychiatric help as an adjunct to this to help regulate your poor impulse control.

englishguy

02 Nov 2018, 7:02 pm

i just want a gf

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 7:06 pm

englishguy wrote:
i just want a gf

Well go out and find one then.

englishguy

02 Nov 2018, 7:07 pm

i cant

B19
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 7:07 pm

We all "just want" something. I want better health, and work hard to achieve it. Changing your behaviour can sometimes be a pathway to your goals. In your case it may be a pathway with several stages before you find that it possible to modify your behaviour though if you are determined and consistent and take practical steps toward your goal some progress can be made.

If you start from the point of "I can't" and refuse to move beyond it then there is no hope of any change occurring.

Maybe you hope that someone with a magic solution will provide an answer here that requires no effort from you. No chance of that happening, unfortunately for you.

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Nov 2018, 10:15 pm

englishguy wrote:
i just want a gf

Getting a girlfriend will not solve your problems. If you "need" a girlfriend to feel less angry, to feel happier, the relationship will not last. Relationships which are born out of dependency are doomed to failure.

I know it sounds cliche, but you've got to be comfortable with yourself first. You've got to be OK with not having a significant other.

This is especially essential if you do have anger issues. They will not suddenly stop and anger can cause any relationship to decline rapidly which would not be good for her or you.

Work on those things first, knowing your eventual goal is to find a long-term, beneficial relationship and you can do it. At the very least, you'll be a happier person.

I can recognize it's not the kind of answer you want to hear. It's far from an impossible task, though.

englishguy

03 Nov 2018, 4:40 am

how can i stop being angry

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 7:41 am

I for one am very glad to hear that you don't have a girlfriend. I hate to think of what you might do to her.

Please seek out professional help before you hurt someone.

Last edited by Piobaire on 03 Nov 2018, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 8:01 am

What do you like to do, EnglishGuy?

Focus on what you like to do...rather than merely finding a gf.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Nov 2018, 8:32 am

I'd recommend counseling & maybe medication in addition to it. Mood stabilizers & antipsychotics are sometimes used to help people with anger problems. I take the antipsychotic Haldol/Haloperidol partly so I don't get angry quite as easily. I found I didn't get angry as easily when I was on the mood stabilizer Lithium years ago. While meds can help some, they're only a treatment & counseling might would bring lasting results after you stop if you stick with it long enough & keep trying to work on things.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

superaliengirl
Toucan
Toucan

03 Nov 2018, 8:45 am

Umm... Those things come naturally, don't be angry about them... Maybe you should deal with your anger issues that could be a good start... And don't get new things until you have. :skull:

englishguy

03 Nov 2018, 6:28 pm

FOR GODS SAKE I'VE DONE IT AGAIN. I brought myself a new camera, out of my own money £134 it cost and in my anger tonight i put it in tea and water and have bit the screen.

WHAT DO I DO