Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2024, 3:06 am

What kind of bad and wrong statements and actions did your physicians or counselors make?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2024, 6:11 am

Oh you just have a rash, once anout a skin cancer growth ,then another your rash is a dermatitis, most of my life all doctors ..Turns out eventually got a correct diagnosis in my 60s. of Mastocyyosis . another one regarding the same condition was to run me through repeated toturous , skin Allergy tests ,200 cuts into the skin to check skin reactions to allergens .on two seperate occassion . Asthma, not ! Stress induced asthma due to exacebation of mastocystosis .
All barrage of psyche stuff . Literally , turns out onlly C-PTSD../ And all other psyche stuff was Autism.Still refusal to remove kudney cysts , " doc says" oh nobody treats those , you live a full lufe with them Just becareful what you drink
( WHAT do you mean ? milk too ! ) Lyme disease...Nasal poolups, they wanted to do surgery too. Pollups naturally occur if repeated allergic reactions but if not allergic reaction, no pollup .??. One Lazy doc decided to put schizo, because he got embarrassed when he could not explain things , i asked him in front of his students.instead of Autism. Male dictors vonsistently wanting doctor on me without a female med staff present. (illegal now .i believe ).
[[[[[[Generally the Morons are only caoable of treating symptoms instead of causes]]]] unless its a orthopedic situation.
And those guys . just put you back together ( bones) With a two inch shorter leg to live with for life, affecting spine and balance. Possible better alternative was too expensive for the hospital. Telling my mum after a practically life ending accident " That she will be a vecgatsble for life and have to live in a wheelchair" Where do I end this list ? :roll:

where ever you go ,there you are

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2024, 6:54 am

Repeatedly visited the doctors with blood in urine after running to be told over and over it was just "Runner's bladder".

After 6 months they referred me to the cancer people to do a cystoscopy. After a month of waiting I got a letter saying I didn't need a cystoscopy, I couldn't possibly have bladder cancer.

Another 6 month's visiting doctor, i got one to refer me for an ultrasound scan which found 'something'. Suddenly a cystoscopy didn't seem like such a waste of time to them and sure enough, a fat old tumor growing in there.

Came very close to getting in to muscle because it had been growing for a year. That would have been a very different outcome for me.

If you think there's something wrong with you, don't listen to doctors when they tell you there's nothing wrong. That's my advice.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2024, 9:22 am

My therapist just dumped me. No warning no reason

Wreck It Ralph

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2024, 11:24 am

skibum wrote:

Awe.... yes had this happen to me too. Really causes you to wonder the goal of the therapists business?
But , if you are dealing with issues beyond the mental scope of the therapists?.....And possibly Adult Aspies .
Are possibly very hard to treat ? The extent of a Aspies experiential level could easily exceed the realm of a Therapist
schooling . And often their treatment parameters could be fairly tight. And they maynot be able to Expand their treatments beyond the goals of the business they are running..? :| :| :( ....( imho)
And if you go beyond their skill levels, it very possibly, could offend their egos....then you get an entire new sort of variables. And add multiple issues , that might involve serious health complications. Leaves you wondering why they are even in the mefical field at all.

None of which I feel is very compassionate or even ethical . Even Good Doctors can be a Crapshoot...with badly loaded dice .
( None of this is intended to be Medical Advise) suggestion meant to have an informed consumer and do not be afraid to ask questions that give you better beliefs in your Doctors qualifications. Use the Net ,check for any legal actions against your providers license or even referrals by independant individuals.

where ever you go ,there you are

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2024, 3:09 pm

Jakki wrote:
skibum wrote:

Awe.... yes had this happen to me too. Really causes you to wonder the goal of the therapists business?
But , if you are dealing with issues beyond the mental scope of the therapists?.....And possibly Adult Aspies .
Are possibly very hard to treat ? The extent of a Aspies experiential level could easily exceed the realm of a Therapist
schooling . And often their treatment parameters could be fairly tight. And they maynot be able to Expand their treatments beyond the goals of the business they are running..? :| :| :( ....( imho)
And if you go beyond their skill levels, it very possibly, could offend their egos....then you get an entire new sort of variables. And add multiple issues , that might involve serious health complications. Leaves you wondering why they are even in the mefical field at all.

None of which I feel is very compassionate or even ethical . Even Good Doctors can be a Crapshoot...with badly loaded dice .
( None of this is intended to be Medical Advise) suggestion meant to have an informed consumer and do not be afraid to ask questions that give you better beliefs in your Doctors qualifications. Use the Net ,check for any legal actions against your providers license or even referrals by independant individuals.

Yeah, it's a horrible situation. I am so sorry you had to go through it as well. She told me something very vague. She says it's because of personal struggles she is having and not anything I did or said. But I am not sure that I entirely believe that she does not somehow blame me because of my history of constant abandonment by so many people in my life for my whole life. You make a great point about therapists not being equipped to understand our needs.

The reason that I said that she did not give me a reason is that her explanation was too vague. I believe that any issue she was having and any insecurity she was feeling, I would have been happy and able to work through it with her to keep our relationship. And I am the only client she is dumping so that also makes me feel like she has a personal issue with me that she is not telling me. But for her to not tell me anything beyond the most vague thing that means nothing in and of itself, I don't think that's fair.

She is expecting me to do the work to find someone else. She offered to help and I appreciate that but she can only recommend people. She is not able to vet them for me. I don't have the strength and cognitive stamina to go through the vetting process to find another fit. It took me years to get to her and it took over a year for me to teach her in order for us to work well together. I am not able to do that again. I had to do it six times already in the past four years because my previous therapists got new jobs or moved or just didn't work out. I can't do this again.

The other issue is that a lot of people, NTs in particular, automatically assume that if the therapist dumped me it had to be because I threatened or hurt or attacked her. When I called my insurance company to see if there was a possibility of getting someone else, the concierge at the insurance company told me that the clinic where my therapist works would never allow me to see anyone in their office again because it was assumed that I had attacked the therapist. I explained that not only is that not the case but that my therapist had offered me her own boss as a new therapist but I declined because he had hurt me significantly in the past and has never apologized. But the typical NT assumption is that because I am Autistic, if the therapist dumped me, it has to be because I somehow attacked of threatened her. That is the first thing they automatically go to and it is very difficult to make them believe anything else.

Wreck It Ralph