Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2024, 7:48 pm

Just sayin, my experience .. And a search on "Homeopathy" in general on the NIH( National Institute on Health website. Closed the page ..sorry.
Just an offering .. .. :|

where ever you go ,there you are

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2024, 8:06 pm

BillyTree wrote:
bee33 wrote:
essentially nonsense, but I think you may be wise in not picking a battle with your wife

So when his wife talks nonsense you advice him to go along with it to keep the peace? I think that attitude is behind many problems between women and men today. She's a grown up and not a child and should be treated accordingly. If he thinks homeopathy is nonsense he should tell his wife it like it is.

So your advice is it would be better to ruin his marriage over this than try to navigate it.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2024, 8:08 pm

bee33 wrote:
BillyTree wrote:
bee33 wrote:
essentially nonsense, but I think you may be wise in not picking a battle with your wife

So when his wife talks nonsense you advice him to go along with it to keep the peace? I think that attitude is behind many problems between women and men today. She's a grown up and not a child and should be treated accordingly. If he thinks homeopathy is nonsense he should tell his wife it like it is.

So your advice is it would be better to ruin his marriage over this than try to navigate it.

Why would choosing not to pursue homeopathy ruin someone’s marriage? People should be free to make their own medical decisions which includes types of providers to see.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2024, 8:11 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
bee33 wrote:
BillyTree wrote:
bee33 wrote:

Why would choosing not to pursue homeopathy ruin someone’s marriage? People should be free to make their own medical decisions which includes types of providers to see.

Agrees very much with above response by T.P.... 8)

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2024, 10:07 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
bee33 wrote:
BillyTree wrote:
bee33 wrote:

The OP specifically said he is only considering this in order to spare his wife's feelings.
Quote:
For my wife's sake, I have agreed to be open minded.
That's the actual topic of this thread, whether to try to get along or to insist on having one's own way no matter the consequences. In a marriage it's usually a better idea to try to get along than to be right. Does no one read the original post?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2024, 10:17 pm

It seems like everyone in this thread has read the original post. What I posted was relevant to the OP although I was responding directly to you.

Sure, compromise is often good in a marriage when it’s something that involves both people. Individuals should be free to make their own choices when it involves medical care without pressure or prodding. We aren’t responsible for how other people feel.

The OP has decided to see a homeopath. Not everyone in this thread would make the same choice under the same circumstances. I certainly wouldn’t.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 01 May 2024, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2024, 10:18 pm

There is no harm in him going to this Homeopathic practioner to placate his wife.

I am just curious as to what his wife thinks that it will accomplish.

If the doc was not a homeopathic practioner but a mainstream doctor of some kind...the doc still wouldnt be able to cure the husband of his autism.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2024, 3:30 am

might be hard to see how this applies here : but with age values and understandings can change, but not all understandings are age dependant.

BillyTree
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 May 2024, 5:10 am

bee33 wrote:
BillyTree wrote:
bee33 wrote:

If his marriage is ruined by him saying "I have a firm belief that homeopathy doesn't work and I have decided not try it for my autism. Feel free to visit the homeopath for your own alignments if you want, but it is nothing for me." then I think it is something wrong with his marriage in the first place. How could the less informed person in a relationship ever evolve and learn if delusions and ignorance of facts are not questioned?

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2024, 1:26 pm

The OP asked for our experiences. Experiences about homeopathy, or about matrimonial issues? Judging by the thread title, I think it's about homeopathy, but only the OP can clarify my guess.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2024, 6:15 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
The OP asked for our experiences. Experiences about homeopathy, or about matrimonial issues? Judging by the thread title, I think it's about homeopathy, but only the OP can clarify my guess.
1) Homeopathy is a scam.

2) Happy Wife, Happy Life.

I think that about covers it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2024, 8:41 pm

Fnord wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
1) Homeopathy is a scam.

2) Happy Wife, Happy Life.

I think that about covers it.

Perhaps we'll find out.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2024, 4:06 am

<<<<<How many medicines are made>>>>>>>
Does no one here actually know, what or how the principles of homeopathy are suppose to work ?
Maybe better stated as being how drugs, in general are made ? perhaps it might be easier to ask , if anyone understands , what a tincture is ? .....when you take a aspirin, And does anyone ,get that the activek ingrediant
is salycilic acud ...Which is made from White Willow tree bark.... And you can buy White willow tree bark in a less refined dried powder .put into a gelatin capsule ..White willow has been used long before aspirin was developed, some peoples stomach have issues with digesting, Aspirin as a concentrated condensed into a pill form ,a preformed concentrated pills do not equal a capsule . In any reality .
This is a version of homeopsthy . Then you , get the understanding hopefully of a small amount of powdered tree bark.
can have an effect on a headache ..this is only the tip if a iceberg of how homeopathy can work . Tribes in some less developed countries , use Curare ...To parslyze their intended Prey .on a little dart, threw a blow gun .
But these are only tiny things just having the tips of their little darts dipped in curare, This is a type of homeopathy.
And this stuff goes on and on and on ...Many drugs are based on the observed effects of small amounts of plants or other things creating observable effects in creatures . Then good microbiologists , break down the constituent components or chemicals , then can turn then into concentrates..At various levels of strength. To test on animals or people in clinical trials For proof of concept of the use of this compound or substance for effectiveness ,before it goes for FDA approval. For human oreven animal use, So the people who did the work on the substance to make money of it.
Great many drugs are merely refined from other substances that , might not have been quite so refined .
Many supplements that help humans are these less refined product. For instance one more instance is Bella Dona alkaloids, Bella donna is a deadly poison in nature , But refined down considerably. And made into a pill form or capsule
reduced down to tiny amounts ,of the alkaloids with a bunch less useful fillers, Can be used for Lung issues , for Asthmatics . ( Penicillin is made from extracts of a type of mold, originally found on very old bread as it breaks down.
Often homeopathy tinctures pills , whatever. Are just less refined plant products, That are either handed down by others or Researched plants extracts , perhaps ones that got accidentally discovered through research ,in one form or another.
Am only offering this based on reading learning and first hand useage of those products . Cannot speak for all hemeopathic preparations but only the one I have experienced with., Often offered to me by Licenced Naturopaths
[[[Not reccomended as Medical Advise to anyone , only information ]]]

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2024, 6:55 am

Homeopathy is not the same as medication that has been scientifically studied and backed by research. As a matter of fact, homeopathy is often proven to be ineffective when it is studied.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/homeopath ... 0condition.

Quote:
A 2010 House of Commons Science and Technology Committee report on homeopathy said that homeopathic remedies perform no better than placebos (dummy treatments).

Aspirin is not homeopathy.

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/medic ... go-aspirin
Quote:
Contrary to popular belief, aspirin does not occur in nature, it is not found in the willow tree. But there is a connection. Aspirin, or acetyl salicylic acid, was first produced commercially by the Bayer Company based on a synthesis by Felix Hoffmann, a chemist working in 1897 for the Bayer company in Germany. While Hoffmann did indeed synthesize the first commercial sample of acetylsalicylic acid, he certainly was not the first to produce the substance in the laboratory. That honor goes to Karl Friedrich Gerhardt, who in 1853 at Montpelier University in France made an impure version with an aim towards improving on the effects of a salicylic acid, a commonly used pain killer. At the time salicylic acid was extracted from the leaves of the meadowsweet plant and was used for the treatment of fevers and pain, particularly of the arthritic variety. But it had to be taken in large amounts, had a bitter taste and often caused stomach irritation. Gerhardt identified the molecular structure of salicylic acid and thought he could modify it and produce a better product.

[…]

It should be obvious from the preceding that aspirin itself does not occur in nature, but similar, less effective substances do. Willow extracts sold in health food stores cannot compare with the demonstrated effectiveness of aspirin; in fact aspirin came about as an improvement on the natural salicylates. Furthermore, aspirin’s anticoagulant effect can be attributed to the acetyl part of the molecule which is responsible for inactivating an enzyme that leads to blood clot formation. So there is really no point in chewing on willow bark to prevent a heart attack. But carrying around a 325 mg tablet of aspirin and chewing it if a heart attack is suspected is a good idea.

Also, medications one gets from real doctors that are derived from natural substances are often extremely condensed and modified in laboratories to make them effective. That ain’t homeopathy, and that doesn’t support the use of homeopathic remedies in any way. While some substances can be minorly beneficial, they do not compare with treatments one gets from a real doctor. They can also be dangerous if they are used as a replacement for real medicine given their lack of efficacy and homeopaths’ lack of medical knowledge.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 03 May 2024, 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2024, 7:23 am

^ I am glad the NHS stopped funding homeopathy. It was a waste of tax payers money.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2024, 7:36 am

^
Me too. Homeopathic "medicines" are so extremely dilute that it's a matter of chance whether they contain even one molecule of the "active ingredient." It goes against all informed sense that such an intervention could have any therapeutic activity at all, except for a placebo effect.

I think we've scared the OP off. :oops: