Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Aet1985
Raven
Raven

13 May 2024, 2:58 pm

I honestly don't know what is wrong with me neurologically. I know what I want in life and how I want it done, yet why do I have problems navigating or ''being on the same page'' as my father or my cousins? I know everything that is going on in the world and consider myself intelligent and professional, yet I always felt ''off'' or a little ''eccentric'' I don't know why I ''feel so deeply'' and am sensitive to the world around me. I don't understand how my cousins were and are able to have relationships, 60+ hour work weeks (Cop, Doctor, and Fireman) plus have kids, and I can't ''take on'' a lot, I think I actually gave myself Eczema from stress constantly, just daily living and emotional issues. I was always put down and even the doctor said I wonder if he is ''from Planet Earth''? I often wonder if he was right because I often prefer my own mind and imagination or solitude with my dog and female friends

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2024, 1:47 pm

You could very well be Autistic. If you are, that would explain everything you have described. You should look into it if you have not already.

Wreck It Ralph

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2024, 2:07 pm

Obviously, we can't diagnose you.

You might find these interesting:
- Autism-Spectrum Quotient Test (AQ)
- Aspie-Quiz Registering is optional!

They can't diagnose you, either, but they might reinforce your suspicions.

By the way, welcome to WP! (No diagnosis required.)