Page 10 of 10 [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Coldkick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2010, 9:39 pm

happymusic wrote:
Coldkick wrote:

2. Henry VIII of England - King of England (21 April 1509 – 28 January 1547)

You and I are related. My mom's descended from King James IV of Scotland and he and Henry VIII had common ancestors. What up, cuz. :)

Wow, that is really interesting. :) I wonder how many of us have common ancestors somewhere.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2010, 10:19 pm

Coldkick wrote:
happymusic wrote:
Coldkick wrote:

2. Henry VIII of England - King of England (21 April 1509 – 28 January 1547)

You and I are related. My mom's descended from King James IV of Scotland and he and Henry VIII had common ancestors. What up, cuz. :)

Wow, that is really interesting. :) I wonder how many of us have common ancestors somewhere.

I love genealogy and learned lots and lots of family names and history so that it became clear that about half of Virginia has origins in common with my family - and that's just my mom's side - my dad's isn't from here. Before birth control it seemed like it took about 100 years for one couple to basically bring about 500 people into the world. Ex: couple has 8 kids then maybe 6 or 7 or their kids have 7 or so and so on - every 20 years or so a new family comes about. It balloons pretty quickly.

It's stunning really. There are probably a good number of us here who share some fairly recent (within the last 500 years) DNA.

ravenroad
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Nov 2010, 10:36 pm

I've been told my family is directly descended from Charlemagne-we have one of the names associated with him (best part? since my dad's older cousin is "illegitimate" I'M the crown princess). Also, a French-Canadian fur trapper ancestor a while back married an Indian princess. So, you know, bow down.