Page 2 of 12 [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Which temperament pattern were you highest in?
Viscerotonia 5%  5%  [ 12 ]
Somatotonia 9%  9%  [ 21 ]
Cerebrotonia 85%  85%  [ 194 ]
Total votes : 227

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 2:22 pm

Your Scores
Viscerotonia = 13
Somatotonia = 11
Cerebrotonia = 24

Scores should range between 8 and 24.
Scores from 8 to 13 could be considered "low,"
from 14 to 18 "medium,"
from 19 to 24 "high."

Yeah, I guess it's hard to argue with that...

Deidara
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jul 2010, 2:28 pm

Your Scores
Viscerotonia = 17 Mediu,
Somatotonia = 14 Medium
Cerebrotonia = 17 Medium

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 2:30 pm

Viscerotonia = 17
Somatotonia = 11
Cerebrotonia = 20

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 2:45 pm

Viscerotonia = 12
Somatotonia = 15
Cerebrotonia = 21

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 3:05 pm

Viscerotonia = 11-low
Somatotonia = 15-mid
Cerebrotonia = 22-high

I don't care about other peoples' social needs in general.

Last edited by LiendaBalla on 05 Jul 2010, 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Coldkick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2010, 3:09 pm

For such a simple test it appears to be pretty accurate for most. It was pure luck I ran into the test too.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 3:27 pm

Viscerotonia = 21
Somatotonia = 18
Cerebrotonia = 9

Viscerotonia: "a pattern of temperament that is marked by predominance of social over intellectual or physical factors and exhibits conviviality, tolerance, complacency, and love of food"

I found the test itself very easy to take, unlike a lot of other tests, but I also found it woefully inaccurate about me. "Predominance of social over intellectual?" No. Not even close! Anyone that knows me well would agree. I know, because I've heard all of my life the total opposite. Tolerance, complacency and love of food are all accurate, but "conviviality?" NO WAY! Conviviality is a highly social trait and far from describes me accuarately.

Somatonia: a pattern of temperament that is marked by predominance of physical over social or intellectual factors, aggressiveness, love of physical activity, vigor, and alertness

This couldn't more wrong. Not a single thing about Somatonia is anything like me at all.

Cerebrotonia - a pattern of temperament that is marked by predominance of intellectual over social or physical factors and by exhibition of sensitivity, introversion, and shyness

By all outward appearances I am shy (by NT standards, though I know it's more complicated than that. It's not shyness, it's just plain being tired of constant misunderstandings and simply wanting to avoid them). I would much rather read or watch documentaries than arrange or attend social events. I'm not into outdoor activities at all, am somewhat sensitive, and spend more time in my own head than anywhere else, thus am introverted.

Yet I scored lowest in Cerebrotonia?

Needless to say, I found the test highly inaccurate.

At the top of the test page it says, "Because of the brevity of the test, the results should not be taken too seriously!"

I, for one, would suggest heeding that advice. It's a horrible test! :roll:

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Coldkick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2010, 3:30 pm

Pssp MrXxx did you number them backwards 3 is the most important and 1 is the lowest ;)

Your correct scores are probably

Viscerotonia = 9
Somatotonia = 18
Cerebrotonia = 21

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 3:49 pm

Coldkick wrote:
Pssp MrXxx did you number them backwards 3 is the most important and 1 is the lowest ;)

Viscerotonia = 9
Somatotonia = 18
Cerebrotonia = 21

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Of COURSE not! Read the directions?! Are you kidding? :lol:

So it probably would have been accurate if I had. Why on EARTH did they do it that way?! In most numbering systems 3 is NOT first! 8)

Whatever...

Viscerotonia = 13
Somatotonia = 12
Cerebrotonia = 23

(I just reversed the 1's and 3's)

Now it makes a little more sense, but it's still a pretty superficial test. I still wouldn't put a lot of stock in it. It didn't really reveal anything about me I didn't already know anyway.

What it reveals, to me, doesn't seem to be the sorts of things one wouldn't know about themselves in most cases anyway, so I'm not understanding what, if any, value it holds. :wink:

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Variant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2010, 4:03 pm

I got:

Viscerotonia = 11
Somatotonia = 13
Cerebrotonia = 24

matt
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 4:10 pm

Coldkick wrote:

Viscerotonia = 9
Somatotonia = 18
Cerebrotonia = 21
I did that too.

I voted in the poll based on the scores I got based on thinking that the most appropriate choices would be "1" and the least appropriate choices would be "3", but after going back and changing my answers so that the most appropriate choices would be "3" and the most appropriate choices would be "1", these are my scores:

Viscerotonia = 15
Somatotonia = 11
Cerebrotonia = 22

Coldkick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2010, 4:13 pm

For anyone nerdy like me :nerdy: the reason the system works the way it does with 3 being the highest and 1 being the least is for the counting mechanism
They were too lazy to have a 3=1,2=2,1=3 variable converter I guess :P

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 4:42 pm

My score doesn't surprise me.

manifoldrob
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jul 2010, 4:47 pm

Ah, sorry, I thought this was going to be a quiz on how much like Sheldon on the tv show "Big Bang Theory" you are.

Coldkick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2010, 4:53 pm

manifoldrob wrote:
Ah, sorry, I thought this was going to be a quiz on how much like Sheldon on the tv show "Big Bang Theory" you are.

Would have been cool if it was though :D

History lesson!
The test was actually based on information gathered by the Psychologist William Herbert Sheldon where he created somatotypes:

* Ectomorphic: characterized by long and thin muscles/limbs and low fat storage; receding chin, usually referred to as slim.
* Mesomorphic: characterized by medium bones, solid torso, low fat levels, wide shoulders with a narrow waist; usually referred to as muscular.
* Endomorphic: characterized by increased fat storage, a wide waist and a large bone structure, usually referred to as fat.

From this branched a distinct characteristic based on each somatotype, thus the Sheldon Scale was created.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2010, 5:11 pm

Your Scores
Viscerotonia = 21 High
Somatotonia = 11 Low
Cerebrotonia = 16 medium

So, higher in Viscero which is true, I love eating and talking to people. Medium in the intellectual realm is true, I spend a lot of time alone with my thoughts but not really by preference... And I hate doing things, I only like some "fun" physical pursuits. I HATE sports.

Taking a break.