auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 3:09 am

MooCow wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
somebody needs to invent silent fireworks. :idea:

But the boom is my favorite part....

then they should have the noisy fireworks at a place far from most population, with the quieter fireworks shows closer to population centers, thataways, everybody [almost] is satisfied. or maybe some smart inventor can make something akin to those walkman tourguide electronic thingies that tourists put on to hear a running commentary on the exact place they are touring as they walk past- only thing instead of the commentary it would be a precisely timed reproduction of the actual noisy firework sounds as they blow up their own fireworks in their yards, with only the actual fireworks users hearing anything through headphones. just a thought.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 11:59 am

It is banned here in Buffalo too but everyone still does it. Fireworks are not banned in Pennsylvania so people of Buffalo drive down to PA load up and let them ripp. We use to buy our fireworks from an off duty cop who sold them out of his garage. He use to sell M-80's to anyone over the age of 11 until some kid blew off his fingers and the cop was arrested and had his balls sued off.

I spent ages 12 to 16 running around Depew blowing stuff up with my M-80's. We were getting stuff done like blowing up melons, road kill, and large boulders seeing how far we could move them. We had screamer bottle rocket and roman candle fights around the neighborhood. I had my 80's mullet burnt a few times but it was extreme fun watching my friends dance around trying to keep from getting shot. When the cops drove up to yell at us we would tell them the cop we bought the fireworks name then they would laugh and drive off. Police corruption at it's best. :twisted: