Halfway through 2014, whats keeping you going?

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 11:40 pm

The summer/fall live music scene and a very fast race car.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 11:46 pm

A very fast race car sounds vitalizing. What type of car, exactly?

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 12:07 am

Humanaut wrote:
A stock car, local circle track racing. Finally the hard work is paying off. What are you driving?

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 12:13 am

What's keeping me here is the thought that I'm not on the wrong planet at all, I'm on the right planet, this is my home, I have every right to be here and I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be. And if anyone is on the wrong planet, it's the satanic bloodline families and cults who don't belong here.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 12:26 am

rapidroy wrote:
Humanaut wrote:

A stock car, local circle track racing. Finally the hard work is paying off. What are you driving?

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm not driving anything, but I will probably do some sim racing when Project CARS is released in November. I'm starting to develope a general interested in racing, and endurance races like Le Mans, Nürburgring, and Spa (24 hour races) are particularly fascinating to watch. Spa played out like a novel. In addition I've watched the last two races in the Tudor United SportsCar Championship series, but I missed the 24 Hours of Daytona. I think my interest is set to grow further as I've got some technical insight related to the field. There seems to be a lot of depth to racing, on many levels.

KillerPenguin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jul 2014, 12:35 am

Studying for the GRE, trying to keep the house clean for my boyfriend, and attempting to learn to drive.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 2:13 am

My goal is to go back to school, and to try to get out more. I also want to have a job again so that I can afford to buy things.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 5:20 am

For now, its the same thing as when I was a kid, a strong desire to thrive, to meet my own needs, but now in a realistic way. I lost that desire for a while, it?s nice to have it back, W.P. posters have really helped with this, thank you all.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 6:44 am

Waiting for the system collapse, too watch it all burn(figuratively I guess it would suck if everything burnt), no telling if that will happen this year though....I'll give it maybe 5 years otherwise my prediction is off and I am just a pessimist, or something.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 6:49 am

Momentum :wink:

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 6:56 am

Deb1970 wrote:
I do not make resolutions. I just merely survive. So! far I have made it because of my dog. If it were not for him I would have killed myself.
My dog is also the only thing keeping me alive, in fact I do plan on ending myself when he goes away.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 1:21 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Waiting for the system collapse, too watch it all burn(figuratively I guess it would suck if everything burnt), no telling if that will happen this year though....I'll give it maybe 5 years otherwise my prediction is off and I am just a pessimist, or something.

One of the motivations behind my desire to have a homestead is the certainty of a societal collapse in a few years. While all the stupid people are starving because they didn't prepare, I can offer them an egg or something.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 2:00 pm

pezar wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

One of the motivations behind my desire to have a homestead is the certainty of a societal collapse in a few years. While all the stupid people are starving because they didn't prepare, I can offer them an egg or something.

I doubt I will make it to any kind of sustainable homestead before that happens, but if need be and it is more anarchy than anything...I am sure I can find a way to survive at least for a while, I know where a few gun shops are so I could arm myself for self defense purposes(though lots of stoners in the state and so not like everyone would be out to kill each other just might be good to have a weapon should something arise) and hunting If I get into the wilderness, could prove nessisary depending how bad it gets already know I can aim and hit targets though I'd have to group up with people I am sure....and grocery stores have lots of packaged food that lasts a while.

Don't really think I would survive that long, but at least than I'd have an actual reason to feel on edge and go into survival mode...rather than just randomly feeling like that.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 2:37 pm

So far, this has been a great year for me! I finally got an ASD Dx, and I've "come out" about my autism on Facebook. So far, I'm glad it's out in the open. I've gotten a lot of likes and some positive comments about it!

I'm horrible with money, but last winter I set a goal to save up money all this year for a new 1\5 scale RC car. It's $1,600 and I'll be able to order it this November! I've been wanting it for years and I'm so excited about getting it! I'm kinda proud of myself for saving money for so long. Usually, I for some reason feel uncomfortable when I have extra money and I feel like I HAVE to spend it on something!

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 2:46 pm

My cats. If I die, they will be homeless, go feral, and probably get eaten by coyotes.

I don't have a deathwish, but I do seriously lack a lifewish. Maybe in 2015 I will discover a new passion that will restore my interest in living, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

Transyl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 3:19 pm

The usual culprits. Family, special interests and happy place, curiosity about the future.