Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 1:49 am

A few years ago I had a job I hated. It was the only job I ever had that I found absolutely nothing enjoyable in and everything was horrible for me. I suffered so much that I'd arrive on time and get in late because I was outside dreading going in. But it was impossible to resign, I just couldn't afford to, being alone with no family or anyone to help me, and I had been unemployed for almost a year, not having been hired anywhere to do absolutely anything. So I endured. 10 months in the company, I was fired. I found a job a million times better within 2 weeks (and more money). I often look back with regret that I didn't leave that place a lot sooner, even if I had to stop eating for a while. I learned my lesson - if it feels like torture, better leave. You can always find something as bad anyway, and most chances are you'll find something better.

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 2:17 pm

Well, I survived my shift today. 3 more shifts and then I'm out of there. For good.