Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 11:00 pm

I was a chef at a 4 star for a few years

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 11:35 pm

I can eat the things that I cook, but I don't know about others, whether I can cook and eat them or not.

Forbidden_Donut
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Aug 2013, 12:41 am

I'm the chef of the house here; I'm not pro, but I love to cook for my family. Picked it up after I got laid off a bit ago. No way could I do it in a restaurant kitchen with everything that goes on there. In MY kitchen though, I get to take my sweet time and be as OCD as I want 8)

turtleoverhare
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Aug 2013, 12:57 am

I started cooking I love it im eating rogan josh chicken with broccoli now that I made myself.

kabouter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Aug 2013, 1:25 am

I found a great use for my aspie and research skills when 15 years ago my partner was diagnosed with coeliac disease.

The breads, biscuits (cookies) around at the time were disgusting, and no cakes. I decided to do some research and develop our own.
The gluten free breads and biscuits were based around mainly rice and tapioca flours. By learning about the properties of the various gluten free flours and starches we were able to develop quite acceptable breads, and cakes and biscuits(cookies) where you could not tell the difference from "normal".

Also developed pasta and gnocchi.

And lastly developed gluten free beer, which meant starting from scratch, the gluten free grains. There were plenty of problems to solve and of course no one to ask.

These products were used as a basis for a business which proved that gluten free food could be just as good if not better than "normal" food.