Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Mar 2007, 8:41 am

Xuincherguixe wrote:
It speaks in the sense of that they've decided that we can't actually talk, and so they can speak for all of us.

They're well intentioned jerks.

".....They're well intentioned jerks." The road to Hell was paved with good intentions. The worst form of
bullying is the "do-gooder" paternalistic type. These people volunteer unsolicited "help" not realizing they
are doing more harm than good. they want to "protect" us from whatever potential we have.
They are more interested in the denial and deprivation of our rights!! ! :!:

Beatles_girl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Mar 2007, 9:15 am

Unknown wrote:
RedMage wrote:
People who want to cure Autism need to die. :evil:

You gotta...no wait,WE gotta declare WAR against the CUREBIES!! !! !

The do need to die. They are just a bunch of idiotic Normals who want to feel
supirior to people like us and want one pure neuro type in the world and want to
abort and cure anything that is not like themselves.

Sounds like the Nazi's does'nt it?

Neuro Typical Supermacsism

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2007, 9:49 pm

Beatles_girl wrote:

They did target the mentally ill and ret*d. So it's not too far off to think that a few of those people may have been on the spectrum. I'm not suggesting that I think autistic people are ret*d or anything, but it seems possible that some non-verbal or otherwise lower functioning folks could have been among those killed because some crackpot Nazi dr's thought their lives weren't worth living.

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2007, 9:52 pm

janicka wrote:
Beatles_girl wrote:

They did target the mentally ill and ret*d. So it's not too far off to think that a few of those people may have been on the spectrum. I'm not suggesting that I think autistic people are ret*d or anything, but it seems possible that some non-verbal or otherwise lower functioning folks could have been among those killed because some crackpot Nazi dr's thought their lives weren't worth living.

Yeah its a sad possibility, I wonder what people on the spectrum have had to go through down the centuries from having such communication problems and no one understanding them.

Nexus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2007, 11:31 pm

richie wrote:
Xuincherguixe wrote:
It speaks in the sense of that they've decided that we can't actually talk, and so they can speak for all of us.

They're well intentioned jerks.

".....They're well intentioned jerks." The road to Hell was paved with good intentions. The worst form of
bullying is the "do-gooder" paternalistic type. These people volunteer unsolicited "help" not realizing they
are doing more harm than good. they want to "protect" us from whatever potential we have.
They are more interested in the denial and deprivation of our rights!! ! :!:

That pretty much sums up what I think too. In essense they're worse than bullies because, at least a bully is honest about his/her opinion of you calling you names. Where these false 'do-gooders' think very low of us (like we're contaminated livestock that needs an injection of cures), think that we can't speak for ourselves and have no entitlements to do and say things for ourselves.... And yet think and say they're 'helping' us at the same time. :roll:

Autism Speaks, CAN, DAN, all of them who promote cures are frauds and don't truly represent Autistics and I suggest if any journalists, psychologists, psychiatrists, etc read this could let people know that these groups do NOT represent us at all. All they're really doing is stealing donations and even tax payers money from government research grants for a 'cure' to Autism, not to help Autistics. They don't truly care about Autistics, they see Autism as a disease that has to be eradicated. But here comes the major problem, if you eradicate Autism, you'll eradicate human progress as most geniuses in the past contained at least one Autistic trait; so if you let them succeed in their goal, you potentially threaten humanity's future progress.

As a former LFA myself I have every right to speak about them in such a negative way. Lucky for me my parents were NOT cure-seeking morons, or I would still be LFA to this day in behavior (as they would have done nothing to help me learn, instead wait for a cure). My parents worked hard to teach me social things, basically train me to fit into society and I was punished rather accordingly if I did something bad. So thanks to their behavioral control, access to a good psychiatrist and supportive methods, I was able to advance to near NT functionality simply by learning it over time. If Autism Speaks had their way, I would had been doomed to a awful future for the rest of my life as a LFA, or worse be cured and loose all my mental abilities which serve good use for a future career.

Last edited by Nexus on 12 Mar 2007, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 1:21 am

No one better cure me!

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 1:32 am

I don't wanna be cured,I'm happy being me.

They wanna turn us into ZOMBIES!

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 2:30 am

It sounds like the Speaks Moms are on the spectrum too they way they express such hatred. On the bad end of the spectrum that is. If its true that they You Tube video for Autism Speaks has a woman speaking of killing her kids why hasn't someone turned the b***h in? Other people have threatened to do stuff on You Tube and been arrested. The woman seriously sounds dangerous to children.

The DAN group is just in it for money. Do you know how much all that stuff costs?!

Am I correct in assuming the Speaks group is the one that teaches laying on top of autistic kids as one way of curing them? I heard about this at an autism meeting, but thankfully all the moms there thought that sort of stuff was crazy. At least some parents have their heads screwed on correctly.