Page 35 of 45 [ 715 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 45  Next

GumbyLives
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 10:29 pm

Stimming so big at a work picnic that my boss (who knows I'm aspie) came over to ask if I was ok.

Your Aspie score: 155 of 200 * Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 49 of 200 * You are very likely an Aspie

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 12:09 pm

X marks the spot. I was under the impression these roadside memorials were pedestrians ( on foot) were killed at the literal spot.

One day it finally dawned on me. :lol:

Last edited by Mdyar on 19 Sep 2012, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PixelPony
Toucan
Toucan

18 Sep 2012, 12:58 pm

Mdyar wrote:
X marks the spot. I was under the impression these roadside memorials were pedestrians ( on foot) were kiiled at the literal spot.

I always assumed it was a car crash, but still that literal spot. Did you realize they were car crashes? Or that they aren't literally there? Come to think, I guess they'd more often have been on the road, but I guess they can't put the cross there.

Well, there you go people. My most recent ASD moment happened one line above, in the ASD moments thread. Kind of meta in a way.

IceKitten
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2012, 1:04 pm

Today - when I knuckled my fingers towards my friend and started to jump up and down of excitement. :)

IceKitten

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 1:56 pm

MrStewart wrote:
Today I laughed when a coworker told me he had locked his keys out of his company truck and asked if I knew where the spare set in the office was. I did that because I was not prepared for a conversation at that moment as I was off work and getting into my car to leave for home. He caught me by surprise and my mind went blank. All the little rules I use to govern amicable conversation were MIA when I frantically shuffled around in my brain to find them on short notice. So I laughed. He didn't laugh back. :?

I would have laughed too

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 3:20 pm

PixelPony wrote:
Mdyar wrote:
X marks the spot. I was under the impression these roadside memorials were pedestrians ( on foot) were kiiled at the literal spot.

I always assumed it was a car crash, but still that literal spot. Did you realize they were car crashes? Or that they aren't literally there? Come to think, I guess they'd more often have been on the road, but I guess they can't put the cross there.

Well, there you go people. My most recent ASD moment happened one line above, in the ASD moments thread. Kind of meta in a way.

Quote:
Did you realize they were car crashes?

Not until a month ago. In my usual disinterest of knowing "Theory of Mind" I took it as face value - not thinking it through, until................

My first and lasting impression was that they were walking along the roadside and the car hit them there on "X." :lol:

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Sep 2012, 7:44 pm

Mdyar wrote:

Enlighten me please?

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 8:41 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
Mdyar wrote:

Enlighten me please?

Well let's see:

- I guess one day I started correlating the convenient placement of all of these roadside markers. They are all made to be highly visible - to be seen. The odds of these accidents happening right there are _________. ......................................OK, so it didn't happen literally there.

- And the idea came that it had to be motorists. I just don't see that many people on the roadside walking, riding a bike to have so many ( disproportionate) markers. It had to be cars.

PixelPony
Toucan
Toucan

18 Sep 2012, 9:11 pm

Ugh..

About an hour ago, shopping at Costco. First, the decision to go was last minute, so that's already got me stressed. Then when we get there, I find out the decision on who gets the second member ship card on the account wasn't made. I thought it was going to be me. I did not want to be having an argument in a costco, so I just I didn't care who got it. Was still upsetting, stressor number two. And of course, costco itself isn't easy on the senses, number three.

Then, while shopping, I find out I've left all my stim toys at home by accident. All I've got is my journal, so I get it out and rub the cover while I shop. Not as nice as my beads, but it worked. Between that and earplugs, I survive the shopping trip, but by the time we're on the way home I'm creeping up on non-verbal and/or meltdown. Dodged it, thankfully.

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 12:11 am

Mdyar wrote:
hartzofspace wrote:
Mdyar wrote:

Enlighten me please?

Well let's see:

- I guess one day I started correlating the convenient placement of all of these roadside markers. They are all made to be highly visible - to be seen. The odds of these accidents happening right there are _________. ......................................OK, so it didn't happen literally there.

- And the idea came that it had to be motorists. I just don't see that many people on the roadside walking, riding a bike to have so many ( disproportionate) markers. It had to be cars.

? a revelation to me too. :/

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 10:00 am

i was doing the stall and then a friend of my classmate walks up and we both see each other and she is some way off and i dont know where to look as she is coming towards me. we had both noticed each other and said hello, am i supposed to ignore her after that or keep looking or should i not just expect that there will be an exchange of words or what? she got to me, asks what i am doing, i say refugee petition, she says she will take a leaflet and walks off just like that. what the hell? was i supposed to say bye or something? or make conversation or not be awkward? oy. leafleting is less awkward when nobody i know rocks up.

amongthetrees
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 10:39 am

10 minutes ago.
I'm finishing moving into my new house rental and the landlord comes out (lives on next door property) and acts all confused. "Are you still moving? Thought you were done." He went on and on. Basically a general scolding about not keeping him up to date. Yada yada...

Like now I have my Mother back in my life?!?!? This is an ominous start to this.

If I allowed myself to dwell on this kind of thing too long I would get a head/stomach ache. I've learned to zone-out. I can't today cuz I have to finish this.

I haven't felt like I'm home for years. and now again. I feel more at home when I'm camping in a tent with my golden retriever. I should have just been a hobo. Wouldn't be such a huge effing problem for everone's sweet little lives that way.

Ok, bitching is over. Back to it ... in and out today, on the run

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 11:45 am

Mdyar wrote:

Yeah, it'd be kinda hard to pound a wooden cross into the pavement in the middle of the road. :lol:

But actually, near where I work there is one where a pedestrian was killed in a hit-and-run and another one where a car ran off the road and crashed through an empty house.

amongthetrees
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 5:55 pm

At work , on break
on cell, horrible connection

r u ok?

will chk back later...

GumbyLives
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 9:08 am

Mindsigh wrote:
Mdyar wrote:

Yeah, it'd be kinda hard to pound a wooden cross into the pavement in the middle of the road. :lol:

But actually, near where I work there is one where a pedestrian was killed in a hit-and-run and another one where a car ran off the road and crashed through an empty house.

Here in Portland Oregon they also put white-painted bikes where cars have hit bikes. Which is stupid, since its like bike riders are different and something to mark special. Though here lots of bike riders are arrogant enough to believe so.

Your Aspie score: 155 of 200 * Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 49 of 200 * You are very likely an Aspie

windtreeman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Sep 2012, 12:00 pm

GumbyLives wrote:
Here in Portland Oregon they also put white-painted bikes where cars have hit bikes. Which is stupid, since its like bike riders are different and something to mark special. Though here lots of bike riders are arrogant enough to believe so.

They do that in Washington State too and it is strange...especially some of the places these bicyclists must have been riding. Anyway, my Asperger's week I recently had: Somewhat recently got back from a vacation with my family to Sunriver, Oregon...when it's just my immediate family, I'm very talkative, somewhat sociable and probably a good portion of our total entertainment but as soon as two of my sister's fiances arrived (people I hadn't spent any time getting to know, previously) I retreated into this little solitary shell because I hadn't yet determined how best to act around them. Made for a miserable and uptight week but resulted in plenty of extra solo bike rides, woot.