Developer
Developer

07 Jul 2004, 2:10 pm

This thread serves the purpose of the "Aspergia Refugee Camp"

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2004, 1:53 pm

Hi! Even though I'm not an Aspergia refugee, I decided to come here. I've been to Aspergia a few times, and it was shut down, so I didn't really get a good chance to check it out. By the way, I was wondering where you got that "Aspergia Refugee Camp" drawing from.

:!: Mich :?:

alex
Developer
Developer

18 Jul 2004, 6:06 pm

Mich wrote:
Hi! Even though I'm not an Aspergia refugee, I decided to come here. I've been to Aspergia a few times, and it was shut down, so I didn't really get a good chance to check it out. By the way, I was wondering where you got that "Aspergia Refugee Camp" drawing from.

:!: Mich :?:

I drew it. Sorry, it is very rough.

Dizzy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jul 2004, 8:55 pm

ThreeMississippi here ( I always looked at Apergia, but rarely posted)

mcpreader
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jul 2004, 11:07 pm

I like your drawing, Alex. The "roughness" gives it character. I know that you told me once, but please remind me what the symbol on the flag means.

alex
Developer
Developer

19 Jul 2004, 8:24 am

mcpreader wrote:
I like your drawing, Alex. The "roughness" gives it character. I know that you told me once, but please remind me what the symbol on the flag means.

The symbol is from the now closed Aspergia.com which is the forum we used before we started WrongPlanet.net. Welcome!

LadyBug
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jul 2004, 11:13 am

:)

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 10:10 am

I know this thread's very old, but I want to revive to see who else from Aspergia is still around here.

I was there for the last year+ and posted regularly, under the same username, until a few non-AS hostiles began invading (at least they struck me personally as non-AS). Right before the forum was shut down, I bailed. I actually found out about its closing via an email from another Aspergian. I think what drove me away at the end was specifically the bloke that suggested that people, like me, who struggled with reoccuring depression with suicidal ideation didn't deserve help or sympathy, and everyone would be better off if we just went off and died. Heh. Yeah, things got ugly there near the end.

I do miss what Aspergia was at its prime. I found that assortment of Aspies more accessible and easier ot relate too than anywhere else. We had some pretty intresting conversations on topics I haven't seen other forums touch. WP is easily the best forum I've come across since Aspergia, although I can't really compare the two, since both are in their own way their own thing.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 12:09 pm

I first ran across aspergia just days before the forum shut down. That's what led me to register here. It was quite the site then, and even the forums now removed, it's still an impressive site.

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 1:57 pm

I'm glad someone remembers it is a positive way. I've run into people on other AS forums that held Aspergia in contempt, claiming it was elitist or promoted a dangerously distorted idea of AS. I have to disagree, and seeing I was there and involved for a time, I can make that kind of judgement. I wasn't that crazy about the whole mythology stuff the site creator came up with, be there was something uniquely empowering about that site.

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 10:09 pm

i went maybe once before it shut down. when i went back looking, it was gone, but there was an alternative site listed so i registered there. not quite as active as this one, which i found much later.

if you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill

grayson
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jan 2006, 5:50 am

Hi Cade - I thought I recognized your name from Aspergia. I went on to Aspergian Island right after Aspergia shut down the forums, and enjoyed being there for a while, but drifted away. Nowadays AI isn't very lively. I'm not sure why it died down, but I'm glad WP is here and going gangbusters.

I've seen a few other names from Aspergia float by here, and maybe there are others with different usernames here.

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2006, 10:08 am

I believe I remember you too. I remember a couple of women there who were from the Netherlands, so I hope I'm not confusing you with someone else. Are you the person who had asked about getting your writings published when you first came to Aspergia?

I went to Aspergian Island for a short time. But I left because shortly after they opened that "Lodge" forum where people could go and essentially be rude to whomever they wanted, an NT mom of an AS kid went there and started a thread to bash me specifically after I complained about her hijacking my thread with her personal quibbles with another member. I decided I didn't need that cr*p so I went elsewhere. I went to the Aspie Hangout for awhile, but never felt I fit in there. I'm glad there's this place too. If I don't have regular contact with others with AS, I tend to start feeling very alienated and disassociative, like I'm not "real" or something (before I knew I had AS, I would just unconsciously graviate towards Aspieish individuals, but now I'm not in college/school and so I don't meet Aspieish people much anymore). I like to think I'm pretty tough and well adjusted for an Aspie, but I have accepted I'm vulnerable in many ways.

I've too seen a few others who have username I recognized, but I didn't want to call them out. :P I figured I'd let them come foward if they wanted to.

BTW, I was very sadden to find Edan now has prohibited access to the old forum archives for security reasons. I had posted some poetry there, adn have lost the orginal files. I thankfully got them copied again before the forum was closed, but now I no longer have that "back-up." LOL. Oh well.

chamoisee
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2006, 1:49 pm

Aspergian Mutant and I both came here from there when they discontinued the forums.

Mithrandir
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2006, 1:52 pm

I can't see the pic

DivaD
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2006, 3:20 pm

Cade wrote:
I know this thread's very old, but I want to revive to see who else from Aspergia is still around here.

I was there for the last year+ and posted regularly, under the same username, until a few non-AS hostiles began invading (at least they struck me personally as non-AS). Right before the forum was shut down, I bailed. I actually found out about its closing via an email from another Aspergian. I think what drove me away at the end was specifically the bloke that suggested that people, like me, who struggled with reoccuring depression with suicidal ideation didn't deserve help or sympathy, and everyone would be better off if we just went off and died. Heh. Yeah, things got ugly there near the end.

I do miss what Aspergia was at its prime. I found that assortment of Aspies more accessible and easier ot relate too than anywhere else. We had some pretty intresting conversations on topics I haven't seen other forums touch. WP is easily the best forum I've come across since Aspergia, although I can't really compare the two, since both are in their own way their own thing.

to be honest i feel like this place is going much the same way :(