Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

fukai_otaku
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jun 2009, 5:07 pm

Hi. I have finally moved out of my mother's home. And I now live in an apartment complex.
So many things have happened since my last posts. I have been experiencing a wide variety of different symptoms that I don't know what to think. I've been finding it very diffucult to stay in a public place for a long amount of time. The only places that I can truly handle are smaller places. It's really hard on my family and staff when they take me out. How do I explain something like this to them? Of all people, my mother is a registered nurse, and there are many times she expects me to be "normal".
I just feel as though I can't handle being out in public anymore. Because whenever I do go out, I feel as something has to go wrong. I apologize for being so whiny. My therapist has given me the label of being "paranoid", when I really don't think I am. Isn't true that autistics can hear things that other people can't? There are so many sounds that my ears can concentrate on, and usually, it's the wrong things. I try to focus on what I'm doing, but the sounds that are surrounding me, are actually distracting me. I use my iPod for comfort, but then I grow tired of it, the same with the tv. I also try my Mac laptop.
Don't worry, I shall post more happy posts when things in my apartment tend to settle down. :)

Mikhaillost
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jun 2009, 5:24 pm

I had that when I first moved into my apartment, but now it is nine months later and i find I actually spend more time out and about than I did when I lived with others. I think it just took a long while to adjust.I was really, really weird for a while though.

It's probably just the change of location throwing you off.

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2009, 7:16 pm

You need time now, especially after a move. There's a big storm all around you, but it will start getting better as your patterns settle in.

I've got my fingers crossed that this shake-up will turn out to be good for you in the long run. :)

SteveeVader
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jun 2009, 7:22 pm

the term is called Cabin Fever well it sounds almost identical to the experience known as cabin fever